Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2001 6:56:13 PM EDT
I have an opportunity to purchase this model tomorrow for a very good price.  It has a 16" barrel which is where my questions come in.  

I know it's not going to be as accurate as a 20" model, but what should I expect as a standard group at 50 yds and 100 yds... all things being equal?

Can I put a 20" upper on this model?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
GA 1100

I hope this pic works... I'm not buying the rifle from this company, but I did "borrow" the
link

[image]http://www.firearmstp.com/cgi-bin/photo/12455.jpg[/image]

Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Barrel length only effects velocity. Length has nothing to do with accuracy.

Yes, you can put a 20 inch upper on it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this model fairly accurate?  My experience is with pistols mainly.  I've shot quite a few 20" AR's and they were more than accurate enough for me.  I really like the look of this model, but I don't want Mini-14 type accuracy!!!
I went to the gunshow today and the AR's are bringing top dollar.  Bushmasters at $895 and pre-bans were at least $1650 and these were well used ones.  Only the Olympic Arms were reasonable.  Even the SKS models were $100 more than normal.  Lots of people buying though.  I did find a good deal on Glock hi-caps.  Had to get a few of those!!!
Later,
GA 1100
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

not entirely wrong, barrel length in itself does not improve accuracy, but the extended sight radius it offers does.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

not entirely wrong, barrel length in itself does not improve accuracy, but the extended sight radius it offers does.
View Quote

No one said you couldnt add a scope, did they?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:24:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like the look of this model
View Quote

Seriously? No offense of nothing, but I can't stand 16 inch barrel, mid-lengh handgaurd uppers! [puke]

Unless they have a collapsible stock, that is.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the compact look.  I saw the M4 pre-bans, but I don't want to spend $1500+ for one.  I'm getting a sweet deal on this one.
Thanks for the replies.
And yes, who said I couldn't have a scope!!!!
I already have the scope, I just need the rifle to put it on.
Later,
GA 1100
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:33:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I am still looking for an MT6700 New.  Man, I like the 6731, but I want the 20" Barrel.

Ben
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Since this model accepts the 20" upper, I plan on getting one.  There's another gunshow this coming weekend at the Atlanta State Farmers Market.  I'll go look there to see about the 20" upper.  I'm getting quite a few USGI mags on this deal also.  I just can't pass it up.  I figured a few people on the site would have one, so I hope to read a post of their impressions of the rifle.
Later,
GA 1100
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am still looking for an MT6700 New.  Man, I like the 6731, but I want the 20" Barrel.

Ben
View Quote
guwholesale 799

Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:55:16 PM EDT
[#10]
THE MATCH TARGET IS LISTED AS A 1MOA RIFLE

Ben
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#11]
My Dad has one exactly like the rifle you pictured.  He installed the Trjicon Reflex site and I think that it shoots like a dream!  I cannot tell you the accuracy since I have not shot at paper, but I have taken several varmints with it walking through the field.  It is a wonderfully balanced gun, but do not shoot at night and expect to see any thing for a while.  The flash will kill you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top