Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2001 5:18:44 PM EDT
I have a Llama Max1 .45. Sometimes it jams other times functions great. I have heard anything from great gun to fucking pile of scrap metal. Can the barrel be the problem with the feedramp? or maybe a mag problem? or just a plain piece of scrap metal. Just tell me. I need to know so I don't spend any money on this thing, that could go to my AR or HK91. Thanks!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#1]
How does it jam?  Stovepipe, live round jammed somewhere between mag and chamber, fail to extract, etc..?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Llama=Scrap metal
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Round gets jammed on the edge of feed ramp top of casing just seems to get stuck there. I was thinking that  if i put a very fine flap whhel in a die grinder I could polish and smooth this out. What do you think?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Older Llama autos were bad. The recoil lug for the slide was brazed on instead of being an integral part of the slide forging..

The Max-I I messed with was okay..

The fix? Get it to a gunsmith for a throat/ramp polish.. They'll use a material called "Cratex"..Unless you've done this kind of work before, I would'nt attempt it..

Meplat.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I use rubbing compund on either an attachment for the dremel or a q-tip. If you want really smooth then go with a little polishing compound after the rubbibg compound. Hanging on the feed ramp is either the feed ramp or the mag. If it jams into the bottom of the ramp its probably the mag but jamming on the ramp is a bad ramp. If the ramp looks or feels bad just polish it, it doesn't cost much just a little time.

Guncrazy223
----------------------------------------
Some people are only alive because its illegal to kill them.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I use rubbing compund on either an attachment for the dremel or a q-tip. If you want really smooth then go with a little polishing compound after the rubbibg compound. Hanging on the feed ramp is either the feed ramp or the mag. If it jams into the bottom of the ramp its probably the mag but jamming on the ramp is a bad ramp. If the ramp looks or feels bad just polish it, it doesn't cost much just a little time.

Guncrazy223
----------------------------------------
Some people are only alive because its illegal to kill them.
View Quote

Had a Llama 380 once, this fixed it right up.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a Llama .45 at one time it worked great when my e-break in my 1979 ford ranger went out whats all I had to do when I parked on a hill is slide that Llama right up under tire and she would stay right were I left her. [x]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top