Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2001 5:02:23 PM EDT
Finally, [url]http://www.drudgereport.com[/url] posted the story on the booing of Sen. Hillary at the WTC benefit concert in NYC -

The whole nine yards:

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN OCT 21, 2001 20:18:28 ET XXXXX

[b]PUBLIC RELATIONS DEBACLE AFTER SEN. HILLARY JEERED AND BOOED BY HEROES[/b]

Senator Hillary Clinton's inner circle is furious at MIRAMAX king Harvey Weinstein after the former first lady suffered through a public relations nightmare during Saturday's AMERICA: A TRIBUTE TO HEROES concert in New York City.

Hillary Clinton was jeered and booed by thousands gathered at Madison Square Garden as she took to the stage -- unannounced -- to introduce a movie clip.

VH1 cameras captured firemen and police heroes wildly booing Clinton, who attempted to raise her voice above the shouting crowd.

"Get off the stage! We don't want you here!" yelled one New York City police officer just feet from the senator.

Anti-Clinton slurs spread and intensified throughout the Garden, with many standing near the stage lobbing profanities.

Event-planner and close Clinton friend Harvey Weinstein was visibly shaken as he heard the crowd erupt with boos and jeers, according to an eyewitness.

The junior senator from New York ending up giving the shortest presentation of the evening, clocking in at under 20 seconds.

"How could we not know this would be the wrong forum for Hillary?!" shouted one confidante. "These are cops and firemen who listen to right-wing talkradio. They still think she killed Vince Foster, for Christ sake!"

Other New York politicians received warmer welcomes during the 5-hour concert which featured Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Elton John and others.

Former President Bill Clinton, who took the stage minutes after his wife, worked over scattered boos with talk of the rescuers' heroism.

Following the Clintons, James Taylor soothed the heroes with an acoustic FIRE AND RAIN.

The concert raised millions of dollars for September 11 relief efforts.

Eric The(BillWasHeardMuttering'ICan'tBelieveIHadSexWithThatWoman!')Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:04:46 PM EDT
[#1]
[b]Hey Folks! It Just Don't Get Any Better Than That![/b]

Hat's Off to New York City! [>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]
"How could we not know this would be the wrong forum for Hillary?!" shouted one confidante. "These are cops and firemen who listen to right-wing talkradio. They still think she killed Vince Foster, for Christ sake!"
View Quote

If this alone doesn't wake up New York to the real Hillary, nothing will.  Talking this way about people who just went through and are still going through the hell of the 9/11 attacks.  This is elitism at it's best.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
...darned Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy...
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#5]
he he I love it
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#6]
That, sports fans, is AWESOME!
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Good thing!
I thought I had imagined the whole
thing when I woke up this morning.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#8]
You see that? I kept telling you guys we were pretty damn cool! How You Dooin?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Waverunner, you should make sure that ALL cops and firefighters in the entire state are made aware of the 'right wing' remark.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I flipped past and saw Susan Sarandon for a second - did she get jeered or anything?   Did she try to make another liberal rambling diatribe?  
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Beeeooottttchhhh! hehehehe
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn I missed it. Does it come on again.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I think the muddled middle or people generally apathetic to politics are starting to see, after these terrorist attacks, the inherent disdain for America leftists like the Clintons have.

I think they could smell an opportunistic phoney a mile off, more than being disciples of Rush Limbaugh.  They saw Hillary up on that stage trying to grab her piece of the limelight and just viscerally felt repelled.

Too bad she's got 6 more years [crying]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#14]
No Drudge report here in Portland. Would someone please tape the sound clip or lemme know where I can hear it?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No Drudge report here in Portland. Would someone please tape the sound clip or lemme know where I can hear it?
View Quote

1190 AM. It is in Porland.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks. I checked the affiliate links with no luck. What time is he on, if you will humor me once more?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#17]
He was on about an hour ago when I drove home. He was airing the clip then. Was awesome hearing her get booooed that bad.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#18]
If only we could get the average "middle class" Joe and Jane to take voting seriously and realize that their votes count! I'll bite my tongue and not attack the grups that supported hillary,,,holy cow this is a first,,,but we do know who they are!
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Here is a mono .WAV file
to tide you all over.

BOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOO!!!!
LMAO
[url]http://saturn.he.net/~danger/hillboomono.wav[/url]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Here is a mono .WAV file
to tide you all over.

BOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOO!!!!
LMAO
[url]http://saturn.he.net/~danger/hillboomono.wav[/url]
View Quote

... ah, sweet music to my ears
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Not that great of a sound file, but it is still great to hear. Unfortunately she doesn't come up for re-election until 2006. Anybody know when Schumer comes up ?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Too bad we had no rotten tomatoes on hand... Grenades would'a been good too...

[whacko]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:05:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Darn it!!!!!
I missed that with Hitlery...

But I did get to see that Buddist guy RICHARD GERE get booed pretty bad----I was on my feet with satisfaction!
As expected, Gere goes into (or tries to) a little tirade about LOVE, understanding, conpassion, blah, blah and the crowd wastes no time in jeering and booing.
Gere immediately responds with [over the still loud crowds], "Well, apparently this is not a popular feeling at this time", something like that.
They sure put HIM in his place and let him know what real America thinks of fashionable Hollywood crusaders for peace airheads.

Sure am sorry I missed the Hillary debacle--that would have floored me for the night!!!!

M4C
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You see that? I kept telling you guys we were pretty damn cool! How You Dooin?
View Quote

Hey not bad for some northern boys!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:51:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Oh mann...I love it!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#26]
link isn't working, someone pls email it to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top