Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2001 11:16:54 AM EDT

I'm trying to put together a good CQB carbine and would appreciate any input regarding the following ...

What I have so far is a flat-top M4 Classic upper (post-ban from Fulton Armory) on a DPMS cast lower that I put together myself. It currently has mounted on it a Trijicon TA01-NSN which I don't particularly care for :-(

My questions are -

1) For CQB is it better to have a flat-top or carry-handle upper?

2) What the best sight setup for <200yd targets?

Thanks in advance!

victor6
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, CQB is a little closer than 200yrds!!  The ACOG is a great sight, sounds like you've got a really nice rifle too.  For anything greater than contact distances out to "200yrds", I like the red-dots. Since your into really good gear I'd recommend the AIMPOINT, it's bright and very fast.  Happy shooting!  [toasting]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#2]
For CQB and extended ranges I'd choose a compact ACOG, the BAC feature is great!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm Lucky enough to own a A-3 upper M-4 M-16 with a Red dot scope. I think It's the best set up. I use a A-3 M-16 10 inch barrel 9mm in combat matches.Thats my baby. I got beat today by a marlin camp gun 9mm, but the guy is 15 years younger then me. The worst thing is I sold him the camp gun.I have been playing with a 8 inch barrel for inside the house work.I can't get it to work right yet.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top