Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2007 6:34:01 PM EDT
My old phone has to be replaced. It was a plain old Nokia, and gave great service. I need one with good battery life and reception, and don't really want a flip phone style, just plain, prefer with a camera.

Any recommendations??  Thanks.. fullclip
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Razor

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Razor

Reading comprehension really isn't your thing, is it?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't stand phones that aren't clamshell. I always end up having random buttons pressed or numbers dialed when I just toss it in a pocket. Haven't met a phone yet with a lockout feature worth using.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I switched over to Verizon recently and bought a Motorola Kazr, and while it is a flip phone, so far I like it.  The reception/sound quality during calls is outstanding, sounds better than my landline does and a shit ton better than my Nextel was, I can go about a week on a full charge (I'd make it about three days with my i730), and the camera isn't half bad.  From the reviews I've read though, people say it's kinda fragile, but that's what I have the insurance for.  And if you've got big hands/figures, it's easy to fat finger more than one number when dialing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, this is your phone.  I just got a Casio G'z One.  It's part of the G-shock line (Watches).  This thing is water, shock, an dust resistant and the tests were all conducted under Mil-spec conditions.  Look at their website and tell me you don't want one.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#6]
the major problem I have with the clamshell style is the battery life. I don't always have the luxury of charging every night.   fullclip
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
the major problem I have with the clamshell style is the battery life. I don't always have the luxury of charging every night.   fullclip

I charge mine about once or twice a week, and talk at least 20-30 minutes a day for whatever that's worth.  I've yet to totally kill the battery in my phone, whereas with my Nextel, if I forgot to charge it every other night I'd be screwed.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I've never really noticed any difference in battery life, but then again i've been running the same flip phone (shitty old LG) for the better part of the past two and a half years. Is there really that much of a difference?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I switched over to Verizon recently and bought a Motorola Kazr, and while it is a flip phone, so far I like it.  The reception/sound quality during calls is outstanding, sounds better than my landline does and a shit ton better than my Nextel was, I can go about a week on a full charge (I'd make it about three days with my i730), and the camera isn't half bad.  From the reviews I've read though, people say it's kinda fragile, but that's what I have the insurance for.  And if you've got big hands/figures, it's easy to fat finger more than one number when dialing.

Is thei the same as the Motorola Razar?... fullclip
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top