Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2007 10:40:00 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a Stolen Firearms Database?...My sisters boyfriend bought an SKS() from my uncle (LEO), my uncle purchased it from a show in Reno years ago...Sisters not-so-smart boyfriend gets drunk causes a ruckus, cops come and see there are firearms in the house and decide to run the numbers...SKS comes back as stolen out of CO. I am not too concerned about him; I am however, concerned w/ FTF and gun show sales for myself...how can I check a firearms legal status before I am in possession of a stolen firearm? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure.

The only way is to take it down to the police station and have them run a check.  They won't do it over the phone.

Their database has no publicly accessible interface.  It's been debated for years, but nothing ever happens.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#2]
NCIC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top