Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2007 7:36:08 AM EDT
Two marijuana rings are shut down in the biggest drug bust in Wayne County history. The bust is called "Operation Grass Roots."  

26 people were arrested and charged with selling and possessing marijuana, which amounted to a million dollar a month business.

This investigation began in February. Police targeted two marijuana rings in Wayne, Monroe, and Ontario counties. It spread as far away as Indiana, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Canada.

This all started in Sodus with one man selling drugs to as many as 30 people. Police say he's been doing it for 10 years. The community got sick of it and went to their chief to make it stop. "It's all about your community they're your eyes and ears," said Sodus Police Chief Sharon Purdy.

They wanted Michael Burton out of their small village. That's when Chief Purdy got help from other police departments. But the head of the Wayne County Narcotics Enforcement Team didn't think a small town drug dealer would bring them to 2 major marijuana rings. "Absolutely, by far this is bigger than anything this county has ever seen," said WayneNET Commander Richard Bogan.

150 pounds of pot, 3-dozen guns and a half million dollars in cash. "Instead of taking off morsels of bread we see on our street corners, we went after the bread truck," said Bogan.

Police say a Pittsford man was the ringleader. Jamahl Leonard lived in a quiet neighborhood on Marsh Road. State police say he had people bring the pot down from Canada through an Indian reservation. It was then packaged and sold.

Police only got on Leonard's trail while tracking Burton's drug ring. It wasn't all high tech equipment that helped link the two groups. "Instead of being home sleeping at night, we would get up and go down and clean out the garbage that was put out for the hauler at 3 in the morning and try to find out what we had for contact addresses," said Bogan.

Bogan says where you find guns, you find drugs. That's why this bust cleans up the streets. The US Attorney says they will prosecute these cases to the fullest extent of the law. "That drug, be it marijuana, cocaine or any drug breeds violence in community. The chiefs know better than anyone what happens when people on drugs with a gun in their possession," said US Attorney Terry Flynn. "This is a direct impact on each and every citizen in villages in towns to maintain the quality of life and their safety," said Bogan.

17 people were arrested in the drug raid Wednesday. All are in custody right now.  

Here

Lets correct him
NEWARK POLICE DEPARTMENT

100 East Miller Street

Newark, New York 14513

Emergency 911   Non-Emergency 315-331-3701

Chief Richard Bogan
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:58:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know guys, where you find druggists you find guns ...(and lots of them)
ETA: Alright maybe I'm exceptional...
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:02:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I have five guns and no drugs. My crime-causing guns have been holding out on me!

Reminds me of this bitch:

"We must be able to arrest people before they commit crimes. By registering guns and knowing who has them we can do that... If they have guns they are pretty likely to commit a crime."

-Vermont State Senator Mary Ann Carlson
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:03:34 AM EDT
[#3]
it's true, I have a box of bc powder on my safe
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:04:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
it's true, I have a box of bc powder on my safe

Dope head
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#5]
This is actually - kidding aside - a great example of how the MSM demonizes guns. We're all trained to see drugs as bad... now with that statement the cop just equated guns - ALL guns, not just illegal ones - with drugs.

Thanks a ton, jerkhole.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Where you find illegal activity, you find more illegal activity.

Where you fail to find illegal activity, you find opportunities to enact legislation to criminalize all sorts of activity.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:07:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Correllation is not causation.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:12:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
the cop just equated guns - ALL guns, not just illegal ones - with drugs.

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:16:15 AM EDT
[#9]
That guy is a tool
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Bogan says where you find guns, you find drugs

hmmmmmmm there are alot of guns at THE POLICE DEPARTMENT
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Wait, wait - (sigh).

So you guys can afford two expensive hobbies?

Damn. I knew I should have stayed in college.

-Warren-
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:33:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Flush your Goodie's powder or your all screwed.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Is that like saying where you find people you find crime?

Or...Where you find Police you find corruption.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Maybe they meant it the other way round: where you find drugs, you find guns.

That is the way I have I awlays heard it phrase as well.  The guns = drugs thing makes no sense
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#15]
A lot of shit the media spouts if stupid
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Oh man.......I am SO high right now........
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:59:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have five guns and no drugs. My crime-causing guns have been holding out on me!

Reminds me of this bitch:

"We must be able to arrest people before they commit crimes. By registering guns and knowing who has them we can do that... If they have guns they are pretty likely to commit a crime."

-Vermont State Senator Mary Ann Carlson

That's what happens when you buy used guns people used them until they stopped producing drugs and trade them in on new models that do you just end up with a hunk of metal that shoots booletz.

with new guns that make drugs you sell the drugs to feed your ammo whore budget
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top