Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2007 6:00:58 AM EDT
1: Winch fairleads, I have a new mile marker winch on my truck and fairleads keep rusting they are the roller type, I took them off hit them with the wire wheel clean them up and gave them a good coat of grease, 2 days later rusted. what can i finish them with that will be tough enough to stand up to the abuse and prevent rust?

2: basically fuck Google, what other search engine is out there that does not support the loony left, they just refused to run a republican add and partnered up with Al Gore in the same day, that is just to much for me to handle...  any suggestions?

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:04:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you thought about having them hot dipped?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:09:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Not familiar with that, is it like powder coating?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:11:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Hot dipped as in hot dipped galvanized.  

Another type is flame sprayed zinc.  Which is basically the same thing except it has less heat involved.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:23:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Have you thought about having them hot dipped?

Google or the winch leads?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:26:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Consider getting a Warn fairled. I have never have mine rust but for the parts the cable scratches up, and that is a nominal amount if any.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top