Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2007 9:49:29 PM EDT
I have always loved these rifles but never could afford one. I mean the semi version. Now in a little while I will be able to get one, Lord willing, and was wondering if the KAHR version is ok. Are they reliable? Is the drum worth getting? I like the looks but price VS capacity, 2 30's could be ok but wont look as good. Anyway, I reload so the ammo isnt going to be a problem. But I doubt I will shoot it much anyway, I just want it to shoot once in a while. I like the 1927 A-1 w/ detachable stock  and a 16" barrel. Its life will most likely stay above the fireplace until I go to the range now and then with it. Anyway, all help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
this is what I needed to hear. well I will most likely not go this route then. what about a thomson brand?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#2]
i have that one too i had to run down to the safe to make sure i didnt have two kahrs.

the tompson never had a problem other than the rear sight comming lose once in a while just tighten up the screw every 500 rounds and you are good to go machining is better along with fit and finnish. i shoot both of them about he same lots of rounds all day usally around a 1000 at a time their just to much fun in my opion. i cant remeber if i had to do the mags up i think i did but i just cant remeber right now. any way it takes just a minuite or to to do and you dont have to hold super strict tolances to do it 1/8 inch either way and you are good to go. the trigger also took about 500 rounds to smoth out. i dont know about the drum from tompson i didnt get one from them for this gun i just run 30 round stiks though it. thiey are faster to load and insert than the drums and arnt finikky.

they are heavy and thesight picture knida sucks but once you get use to it you wont miss much.

find some one who has one and go shoot it before you by is my recomendation. if you are in ohio up by clevland hollar i meet with you and let you try the both of them if you want
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry obout the bad spelling spell checker died. i think my bad spelling makes them commit suiside all the time
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Just go NFA, man.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#5]
ya go that way if you can afford it
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 3:39:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I fired the real deal for the first time last year-it was one of the biggest let downs of my shooting career.

But i'd imagine it was a real piece of genius for a GI that was bored with an 8 round Garand.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 3:54:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Kahr bought Thompson-Auto Ordanance.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 3:59:56 AM EDT
[#8]
well i own one of the semis,  a M1a model its run flawless, i didn't modify the mags i modified the mag catch so i could use any gi mags.  as for the hard to charge. its that unless you get the extend charging knob.  but that makes it look funny. the sights do back out.  i mean they surly could fix this. its just 4 screws.

all in all its a fun toy. if they would come down about 300 bucks i think they would be a great buy. but at around 800 dealers, for what you pay. i don't konow. i need one to complete my WW2 guns.

Ronald
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:13:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I fired the real deal for the first time last year-it was one of the biggest let downs of my shooting career.

I've been told that it was like trying to hold a washing machine in the spin cycle.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:16:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I love everything about mine..
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:28:32 AM EDT
[#11]
My Dad bought one (against my advice) about 8 months ago. It's been shipped back to Kahr TWICE with quality issues (something about the ejector and rear sight). Also, the only reliable mag he can find is the one that came with the gun. My Dad bought 6 USGI excellent cond. surplus mags. They required modifications to make them latch into place. A local gunsmith made the mod on the mags (according to Kahr's instructions), and none of these mags feed reliably. IMO there is nothing more aggravating than trying to make a malfunctioning POS firearm function correctly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top