Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2001 8:34:57 AM EDT
[URL]www.washtimes.com/national/20011018-93429952.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I would like to read the entire decision before i jump for joy, but if the nra says it is good for gun owners, who am i to complain?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:47:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I would like to read the entire decision before i jump for joy, but if the nra says it is good for gun owners, who am i to complain?
View Quote

The NRA was saying that CARA was good for gun owners too. After people started reading the actual text of the bill it is aparent that it is not good. Even Ted Nugent is against it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#5]
And don't forget the NRA's support of that Pennsylvania anti-gun bill a few years ago. . . .

Emerson isn't a bad thing, but it isn't nearly as good as it should have been.  And the Supremes have yet to speak -- it's not over 'til they sing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Its a good decision and its a very important one because it recognizes an individuals right to bear arms.  Some people just won't be happy though until they can pick up an M-60 at McDonalds.

-SS
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#7]
NRA backed Dan Lungren, republican candidate for kalifornia governor.  Ask Peter Alan Kasler (author of Glock: The New Wave in Combat Handguns and ex-writer for American Survival Guide) how nice and pro-gun Lungren was.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Its a good decision and its a very important one because it recognizes an individuals right to bear arms.  Some people just won't be happy though until they can pick up an M-60 at McDonalds.

-SS
View Quote

Could I upsize it for 39 cents?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

-SS
View Quote

Not quite, but I do believe that you, I, or any other citizen should be able to go into any gun store or show anywhere in the country, any time it's open, pick any gun or magazine - from .22LR derringer to full-auto .50BMG M2HB, 5-shot Mini-14 mag to C-mag for the AR - pay cash, and walk out with it then and there, with no paperwork filled out, no delays other than waiting for your change from the cashier, and nobody but you and perhaps your insurance agent ever knowing the serial number.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, then, the answer is obvious.  The NRA should throw its support to the next Libertarian candidate for President.
Who knows?  Maybe he'll TRIPLE his share of the vote, and finally break 10%.
View Quote

No, I say they keep with the status quo of when both candidates are anti-gun, endorse the republican even if is he worse than the democrat. It will help keep you people pouring money in.

Link Posted: 10/21/2001 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, then, the answer is obvious.  The NRA should throw its support to the next Libertarian candidate for President.
Who knows?  Maybe he'll TRIPLE his share of the vote, and finally break 10%.
View Quote

Screw that, we should just vote Democrat, since all Republicans will obviously sell us out anyways. Every Republican is really as bad as guys like McCain and Guiliani, it's just that they're conspiring to decieve us so they can get our votes. And it's not like there are any important issues other than Gun Control, you know.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#13]
the NRA did NOT back lungren for kalif Gov., they in fact BACKED NO ONE!!!

if anything they hinted towards voting for lundgren because he is Less Liberal than gay davis, we would have been better off with lundgren. also more importantly there are the re-districting of voting lines going on in kalif, and with davis there will be more liberal politicians voted in and retaining power.

see why kalif gun owners were supposed to Hold your F**King nose and vote lundgren?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top