Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2007 5:03:06 PM EDT
  So I go out to get some bread for my lasanga and im at a light turning behind this POS old ass honda who seems to think he looks so cool reving his engine at a stop light. I then realize he is going to try and look cool and haul ass from the stop light on a freshly rained on road. The light turns green and this fool starts peeling out mid turn I hear him shift to second and he loses all traction and slams into the curb so much for those nice new rims dumb shit. I just drove by and waved while he was trying to get his POS started again.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I was sitting at a traffic light, waiting to turn left.  The road was 5-6 lanes in either direction.  There are two left turn lanes, and I am on the right side left turn lane.  
In the leftmost lane is a brand new looking F150.  I was kinda day dreaming and not paying attention.  I saw the truck "jump".  I thought it had been hit from behind, but there was no damage to the car behind it.  

Turns out some dummy in a ford ranger with all the stereotypical modifications was peeling out of a parking lot.  Lost control, went across 5 or 6 lanes, jumped the curb and slammed right in to the side of the F150.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Hot rods come out in the rain
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#3]
hey be nice my civic can only do burn outs in the rain!!!!

Problem is even with the best all weather tires I can find the damn light POS spins no matter what I do....
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Problem is even with the best all weather tires I can find the damn light POS spins no matter what I do....

My Ram will only do burnouts on wet pavement.  Automatic and large off road tires.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I can hardly drive my little BMW 2002 in the rain,  to hard to get it moving without looking like a dumb ass,  300hp in a 2100lb car will do this.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My Ram will only do burnouts on wet pavement.  Automatic and large off road tires.

I had an auto and large offroad tires on my bronco and it would do burnouts all day long
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Wet roads are about the only time I can win a race with my Saturn.

I rev it's engine up and goat (goad?) a sportier car into a little light-to-light race.

As soon as the light changes, I ease into the throttle, while they sit behind spinning a tire.

(most fun to do this against a Mustang)
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:54:56 PM EDT
[#10]
That tactic doesn't work against smart drivers.
I've had a couple econo-boxes try to pull that.
I start out in 2nd in the rain and still get up to speed 1.5x as fast as them, just not 2x as fast like a dry day.
The wide tires help.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#11]
ah the joys of either front or real wheel drive..

Get a Subaru, its what all wheel drive is for.  It doesnt matter if its dry or rain, I can straight line go flat out in all gears, Ive actually done it.  Unfortunately I cant wheel spin my car unless I put all the torque in the rear, in anycase....

My work mate has an 04 mustang.. decided he wanted to be the drift king from too fast too furious. He ends up smackin straight into the curb.  2 bent rims, wind screen cracked from the impact. Bent the front strut.  Needless to say, his wife didnt talk to him for 2 days and he spend the next 2 days being called an idiot, by ME!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#12]
My car burns out pretty much no matter what I do, I try to avoid rain as much as possible. Head/cam GTO has a tendency to want to go in a diffrent direction than I want sometimes,
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had an auto and large offroad tires on my bronco and it would do burnouts all day long

Stock '98 5.9 with nearly 275k miles on it. What do you want me to do?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Wet roads are about the only time I can win a race with my Saturn.

I rev it's engine up and goat (goad?) a sportier car into a little light-to-light race.

As soon as the light changes, I ease into the throttle, while they sit behind spinning a tire.

(most fun to do this against a Mustang)

Only dumb asses try to race on wet roads
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Get a Subaru, its what all wheel drive is for.  It doesnt matter if its dry or rain, I can straight line go flat out in all gears, Ive actually done it.  Unfortunately I cant wheel spin my car unless I put all the torque in the rear, in anycase....

My work mate has an 04 mustang.. decided he wanted to be the drift king from too fast too furious. He ends up smackin straight into the curb.  2 bent rims, wind screen cracked from the impact. Bent the front strut.  Needless to say, his wife didnt talk to him for 2 days and he spend the next 2 days being called an idiot, by ME!

Subarus is teh suxxorz! I lost traction more in my Outback than I ever did with my '77 F-150.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Lol, line it up against a Cherokee SRT-8.  0-60 in under 5 seconds, wet or dry.

ETA: Windscreen? Work mate??  Are you from the UK?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I hate ricers, however looses control of a FWD car while trying to go straight needs to hand in their man card and keys.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#18]
My son has a Toyota Turbo Supra with some amazing work done on it, that car is just plain super fast..Race drivers run in our family..
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top