Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 1:34:32 PM EDT
Whats a good set to buy?  I do alot of woodworking, so its got to be able to handle really loud stuff like routers.

Radio is nice, but I'd prefer a hookup to connect a walkman or something.

I've seen a few different options, but alot of what I've read so far indicates that the loud external noise bleeds through enough to drown out the music.  I really don't want to pay money for something that doesn't work.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Whats a good set to buy?  I do alot of woodworking, so its got to be able to handle really loud stuff like routers.

I've seen a few different options, but alot of what I've read so far indicates that the loud external noise bleeds through enough to drown out the music.  I really don't want to pay money for something that doesn't work.

Walkman?  How freakin' old are you?  Be sure to use Metal Bias tapes.

If you had said Discman I would have cut you a little slack.

RF
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:21:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Shure E2c are what you want.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#3]
They don't call them Walkmans anymore?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#4]
lol, sorry.  I call every portable music thingy a walkman.

Thanks for the reccomendation, dave.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuckit, I still call them walkmans.
I don't even own a Ipod type thingy
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#6]
The main competitor to the Shure's mentioned above are these: www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i.aspx.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Walkman?  How freakin' old are you?  Be sure to use Metal Bias tapes.

If you had said Discman I would have cut you a little slack.

RF

Not really. They make music other than .mp3s? Man you guys ARE old. J/k. Have you considered just using ear buds under muffs?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Double tap. One click short of a mozambique!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The main competitor to the Shure's mentioned above are these: www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i.aspx.

I use the ety er4's for 5+ hours every day. I love them. The block sound as well as any flanged plastic style earplug.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top