Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 12:26:24 PM EDT

Gunman Opens Fire at Cleveland High School
Mr. Coon arrived at the school armed with two handguns, a .38 and a .22 caliber, and that he began working his way up two flights of stairs before opening fire in a crowded hallway on the third floor.
Fellow students described Mr. Coon as sullen, “Gothic” in style and prone to wearing long trench coats and painting his fingernails black.
The police would not elaborate on the fight that led to Mr. Coon’s suspension this week. Court documents showed that he spent time in juvenile detention centers, stemming, in part, from at least one incident of domestic violence.

Court records also show that he threatened to commit suicide last year while in the care of a mental health facility, and that he had a problematic relationship with his mother. They also show that he refused to take medication and was suspended from school last year for trying to physically harm another student.

So WHY exactly was this inbred psycho Goth-Dork who worshipped Marylin Manson (literally, he thought MM was god) and who had a long history of juvenile violence and threats to kill people allowed to roam free???

Our "tolerance" of sociopathic behavior will kill us.

The building had a security guard at the entrance, but metal detectors were not in use, students said.

There are security cameras in most hallways, and visitors are required to sign in, but most of the classrooms lack doors, said Michael Charney, who retired in 2005 after teaching at the school for a year.

The school used to have three security guards, but two were reassigned to other schools, he said.

“I taught for 32 years, and this was calmest school I ever taught in,” Mr. Charney said.

“The students were extremely well-behaved,” he added. “This is not the kind of thing you would expect there.”

And I bet there was a very nice sign posted at the school entrance too.

Yet another successful deployment of the "No Guns Allowed" signs.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So WHY exactly was this inbred psycho Goth-Dork who worshipped Marylin Manson (literally, he thought MM was god) and who had a long history of juvenile violence and threats to kill people allowed to roam free???

What would you suggest society does with such kids?  Life-long incarceration?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe start treating/counseling them BEFORE they go over the deep end and hurt somebody/themselves??
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
who worshipped Marylin Manson (literally, he thought MM was god)
Source?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Fellow students described Mr. Coon as sullen, “Gothic” in style and prone to wearing long trench coats and painting his fingernails black. ....

Oh teh nose!!!11!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:37:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Maybe start treating/counseling them BEFORE they go over the deep end and hurt somebody/themselves??

From what Mac posted above, he had spent time in a mental health facility and had medication prescribed.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Source?

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071011/ap_on_re_us/school_shooting_70

It's on Drudge
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What would you suggest society does with such kids?  Life-long encarceration?

Kids who try to kill themselves, threaten to kill others, refuse probation treatment and attack their own mother - yes, incarceration.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Source?

It's on Drudge
Does anybody really believe that his statements really indicate that he thought Marylin Manson was God?

Somehow, I doubt that "I worship Marylin Manson" was a literal statement.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Source?

It's on Drudge
Does anybody really believe that his statements really indicate that he thought Marylin Manson was God?

Somehow, I doubt that "I worship Marylin Manson" was a literal statement.

Yeah - anyone who believed MM was god would have to be crazy.

Oh wait.......
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I for one am glad the little freak offed himself before he got serious with the firearms.

Adios you little prick!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#11]
school was a "gun-free zone"

no way this happened
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Was it Imbroglio ? GunKid ?  Whatever guy said "You only need a .22 and a .38" ?  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Was it Imbroglio ? GunKid ?  Whatever guy said "You only need a .22 and a .38" ?  

I remember Imbroglio using it in his avatar, along with one of these things:
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

society? err how about the kids dad introducing mr hand the the little shits ass and giving him some discipline
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:58:14 PM EDT
[#18]
that kid wasnt goth, hes an Emmo.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What would you suggest society does with such kids?  Life-long encarceration?

Kids who try to kill themselves, threaten to kill others, refuse probation treatment and attack their own mother - yes, incarceration.

+1
Um.  Yeah.  Seems like an easy decsion to me!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
that kid wasnt goth, hes an Emmo.

If he was Emo, he would've just slit his wrists and been too chickenshit to kill anyone but himself.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:17:36 PM EDT
[#21]
A white family that should have moved out of the decaying neighborhood a long time ago, sad. I am surprized with a name like Coon that he was not harassed more in  that environment.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

no way this happened

"Gun Free" zones help protect children by ensuring no guns are ever present.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:20:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no way this happened

"Gun Free" zones help protect children by ensuring no guns are ever present.

correct

impossible for a gun to be there

must be another explanation
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#24]
The kid is a product of abusive/neglectful parents.  He was abused almost all his life and it showed. He was in special Ed for most of his schooling and the high school he was in was for troubled kids and offered as much one on one schooling as possible.

The district does not have the $ for metal detectors for every school, hell they barely have enough scratch to buy paper towels.   It's not the schools fault.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

USMC would be a good place to start. I don't mean that as a slam to Marines. Their training program has a way of allowing people the opprtunity to get their shit together.
If that doesn't work then they need to be isolated from society. Too much time is wasted worrying about being politically correct. Life is not fair.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:04:20 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
A white family that should have moved out of the decaying neighborhood a long time ago, sad. I am surprized with a name like Coon that he was not harassed more in  that environment.

The kid had mental problems and the family wasn't stable. Moving out wouldn't had done anything to fix his problems and his family's problems.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:17:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Ban trench coats and black clothes, then they'll be safe.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:35:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Dork?

What happened to thug, animal and all the other normal descriptors normally used around here?

Oh, just read the story.

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:46:16 AM EDT
[#29]
This homicidal rampage has been brought to you by gun control.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:25:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Sad state of affairs we live in.  Sad.  

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:30:28 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Dork?

What happened to thug, animal and all the other normal descriptors normally used around here?

Oh, just read the story.

Agreed. That kid was much more than just a "dork."
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:33:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Dork?

Oh, just read the story.

You need to get over this victim complex you seem to have. ARFCOM isn't full of racists, and it's high time you got over it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:08:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Added #20 for you....

Quoted:
If you ever happen to read the report on the Virginia Tech shootings, there is an appendix which is titled, 'Red Flags, Warning Signs and Indicators'

They are listed as follows:

1. Violent Fantasy Content-writing violent stories, essays, drawings. Violent movies and programs dealing with violence. Videos or past violent attacks.
2. Anger problems
3. Fascination with weapons and accoutrements (ninja weapons, handcuffs, etc)
4. Boasting and practicing of fighting and combat proficiency
5. Loner-isolated and withdrawn
6. Suicidal ideation-suicidal preparation or indication
7. Homicidial ideation -threats, gestures, comments about killiing others
8. Stalking
9. Non-compliance and disciplinary problems
10. Imitation of other murderers-appearance, dress like murderers (long black trench coats)
11.Interest in shooting situations-collects articles etc on past mass shootings.
12. Victim/Self Martyr Complex
13. Strange/abarrant behavior
14. Paranoia-feelings of persecution
15. Violent and cruel-fighting, picking on others, cruelity to animals
16. Acting out- displays of verbal or physical anger or humor that are disproportinant to the situation.
17. Mental Health History
18. Police/Military/Commando/Spy wannabee
19. Use of alcohol/drugs
20. Parents aren't home enough or are big pussies and don't kick their ass at a young age.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:14:35 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dork?

Oh, just read the story.

Agreed. That kid was much more than just a "dork."

Yes.

He was an inbred dork.

He wasn't a gangbanger, nor was he running around with baggypants around his knees, crooked flat hat throwing up gangsigns and trying to look like he was SnoopDog's beotch - which would define him has a "thug".

Instead he was a goth/emo idiot who are even more laughable to look at, hence the tag, "dork".

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:16:28 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Court documents showed that he spent time in juvenile detention centers, stemming, in part, from at least one incident of domestic violence.

Court records also show that he threatened to commit suicide last year while in the care of a mental health facility, and that he had a problematic relationship with his mother. They also show that he refused to take medication and was suspended from school last year for trying to physically harm another student.

If its legal to kill a fetus than it should be legal to kill devil worshiping retards.
Its always the wacko losers who can't get laid that pul this sh*t. Remember Cho or Hinckley?
Guns don't kill, retards do.
That whole campus is petrie dish for wackos
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The kid had mental problems and the family wasn't stable. Moving out wouldn't had done anything to fix his problems and his family's problems.
Diversity in schools is a failure, a special ed white kid with abuse problems in a 98% predominately black school, should have been intervened. Being a token race going against the grain is a recipe for disaster. I am surprized the faculty and staff does not tackle reality issues. Darwin is at work here, race aside, cause if this guy, his family or the school did not look out for him, oh well. I am glad he blew his brains out saved the DA a ton of paperwork.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Long time ago we had these things called "reformatories".  I think that is still a better idea.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
You need to get over this victim complex you seem to have. ARFCOM isn't full of racists, and it's high time you got over it.

Listen here attention whore. Take your 500 posts a day and go fuck with someone else.

I was posting my thoughts on this board just fine long before you ever heard of it, I dont need any negative feedback from you. I dont click on your troll bullshit, you dont have to click on mine. IOW STFU.

Ha! 8/10. Good show!

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Fellas, why don't we just take what Cav said on face value? In that light...he's correct.

This kid was more than just a "dork."
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Maybe have the parents actually raise the fucking kid.  What a concept parents actually parenting.  OMG

Why is they can just shit a kid out and I have to deal/pay for it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top