Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/11/2007 11:41:25 AM EDT
TO HELL with BUD'S Gun Shop!!!!!!!

Just called them to see if they accept faxed FFL's. The worker says, I see you are calling from MD.

He then says, "We are not allowed to sell or ship any Firearms to MD per the owner".

I told the guy maybe they should update their website showing they don't sell to MD. He did not even seem concerned, what an A$$!!!!!!

I know it is his right but to HELL with them!!!!

Their LOSS, I will be glad to spend my Money somewhere else.

I hope an ADMIN would consider not letting them advertise here since they are discriminating against MD and who knows what other States.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldnt sell to MD either! Screw them!!

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#2]
IBTHWMD
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I would probably be taking the same stance with ban states. If they can't uphold out Constitutional Rights then I WILL exercise the right to not sell to those states. I WOULD however post that on my website so that people would know. Sorry, I can't blame them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yeah, screw MD!!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#5]
This should be good.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This should be good.

+1

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Yet another one of those threads that doesnt go exactly how the OP had expected.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, screw MD!!!!

Yeah what he said!!!!

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I thinking of an over-throw of MD...anyone with me?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I could see not selling banned stuff to folks in MD, but don't know that I'd do a blanket ban.  It's not their fault that they can't get to freedom in VA/WV/PA or DE.

Then again, if they sell nothing but EBR stuff, I guess it makes sense.  They should say that on their site though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#12]
OST

Edit-

Quoted:

I hope an ADMIN would consider not letting them advertise here since they are discriminating against MD and who knows what other States.

Oh mah Gawd.

Is there a federal law saying that Bud's Gun Shop HAS to sell to "ban" states?  No? Didn't think so.  Businesses can sell to whoever they want.

Find another store or go into the business.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#13]
what did MD do?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Just called them to see if they accept faxed FFL's. The worker says, I see you are calling from MD.

He then says, "We are not allowed to sell or ship any Firearms to MD per the owner".

I told the guy maybe they should update their website showing they don't sell to MD. He did not even seem concerned, what an A$$!!!!!!

Oh and btw, its not that you live in MD its that your ghey and you live in MD.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I would probably be taking the same stance with ban states. If they can't uphold out Constitutional Rights then I WILL exercise the right to not sell to those states. I WOULD however post that on my website so that people would know. Sorry, I can't blame them.

+1
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:50:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

what did MD do?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Guess they don't like the crabcakes
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#19]
it's not like the OP is an agent of the state of MD....

I can understand Barrett refusing to sell to CA agencies, but this is different.

Either way, it the businesses right.....but not really good business.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Yet another one of those threads that doesnt go exactly how the OP had expected.

Meh.  I wanted to buy a used Para Ord 14.45 from BUDS Gun Shop.  Turns out they'll sell rifles, but won't sell handguns to NY.  

I found it odd that they wouldn't ship handguns to an FFL in NY, but they'll go through all the hoops and paperwork to ship rifles and handguns to Canada.

Their store, their rules.  To bad too, because they have some really good prices.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
what did MD do?

im not sure right now..   but the masses are against em..   so

FU MD!

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I could see not selling banned stuff to folks in MD, but don't know that I'd do a blanket ban.  It's not their fault that they can't get to freedom in VA/WV/PA or DE.

Then again, if they sell nothing but EBR stuff, I guess it makes sense.  They should say that on their site though.

I agree - but Its a liability issue. It comes up time to time - not just in firearms trade, in others as well. Im not sure what liability Im exposed to by selling something or providing a service restricted by statute to a person in that state. The potential revenue in the market is rather small, the risk is not entirely known, so not worth the time or energy to insulate/educate myself from the risk. So I choose not to do business there.

I have states I wont provide services in, due to the regulatory environment in that state. Consider moving if its such an issue. Should be publicized tho - especially if the issue comes up regularly. No sense having your employees engage in unproductive processes.

Luck
Alac
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey,

Just got my shottie from Buds.

They rock!

Kevin "MD sucks!"
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Where are they?  Kentucky?

Kentucky is great.  We have open carry, concealed deadly weapons (not just handguns, but DEADLY WEAPONS!), machine guns, silencers, short-barrelled anythings, Knob Creek machine gun shoot twice a year and Bourbon.

What does MD have again?  I wasn't paying attention in class...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like MD is the problem, not Buds!

Rant score: -2 failure to rant at the proper offending party
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#27]
I'll still buy from buds, they have great prices.  Ah...I love my free state...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:55:44 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

yes.  I heard you could carry a DEATH STAR in KY too.  My arfcom challenge coin was given to me by a member from Kentucky.

Kentucky FTW!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

MD is teh evil!

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#30]
And a big thumbs up to Buds Gun Shop.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#31]
To bad no one in your state decided to stand up for their 2A. Sounds like you should take some of that rage out on your congressmen.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#32]
I can kind of understand why some merchants would not want to sell to some states or cities in light of the frivolous lawsuits that some states/cites have taken against varioius innocent groups, like gun manufactorers or stores that sold the gun. You have to look at it from thier point of view. And yes it sucks because sooner or later everyone will be afraid to have anything to do with the firearm industry.

That's why  I planned ahead and got mine now.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I thinking of an over-throw of MD...anyone with me?

Cool it man, you'll take away all the fuel for eastern oregon's seccession from the commie side.!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Cant anyone tell me what MD did?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Well, maybe not to hell with them, but I certainly won't buy any non-firearms merchandise from them since they choose not to sell any firearms to Maryland.

I told the guy maybe they should update their website showing they don't sell to MD.

They do state on their site that they don't sell to Maryland.  They also have some restrictions to New York, if I recall correctly.

Not that I agree with Bud's policy, but discrimination is their right, not some inherently evil thing that liberals pretend it to be.  Vote with your wallet, and leave calls for "bans" to the liberals.

Quoted:

Quoted:

And what exactly do people like you believe you are accomplishing with that attitude?  You aren't punishing the legislators who made the laws or helping to overturn those laws.  You are just screwing your fellow gun owners.  Nice.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

To bad no one in your state decided to stand up for their 2A. Sounds like you should take some of that rage out on your congressmen.

Too bad you don't have a clue about how hard gun owners in Maryland fight for our (and your) 2nd amendment rights.  Perhaps you should stop by the next legislative session and see how involved we are.  You could have met me and hundreds of others testifying against the proposed AWB last session.  Have you testified before Virginia's legislature?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#39]
It's up to them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Don't know about Buds mail order policies since it is 30 mins from my house. but they have a great selection off all types of firearms from mil surp, and EBRs to a large selection of handguns and fudd rifles and shotties. The prices are good and the staff knowledgeable. Their range fees are a little high IMHO but they give .mil and LEO discount. Maybe you should call them back and talk (a manager) to them directly rather then start a smear campaign on GD.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Vote with your dollar. But like any other election, just because you vote, it doesn't mean you will win.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Even if everyone else is against you I am not.

Gun owners are assholes who dont watch out for each others backs, thats why we are in this mess.  Gun owners have the attitude, "fine dude as long as they arnt getting my guns..."

Even non-fudds are Fudds in my book.  They all have the same lame-ass stance on other states gun laws...doesnt effect me, why should I care...."   WRONG IDIOT.

When I lived in CA I called a shop to get several 6 position buttstocks set to me...the guy on the phone told me "since ar-15s are illegal in CA I cant sell them to you.", first off ARs are NOT illegal in CA and secondly even if they were why the fuck couldnt you sell a buttstock...

fucking dumbass said "how do I know you are not building ar-15s and I will be liable"  

Anyone who doesnt support the 2A for ALL Americans is a looser and punk-ass.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't like my State either but I can't just pick up and move a family and start over after 18 yrs on the job.

I vote and try to change the Stupid laws in MD but I can't help it is Ruled by Communist.

I agree he does have the right to run his business as he sees fit. But why make fellow gun rights supporters suffer.

CA and NJ are worse than MD and he will ship guns to them, go figure .

This is for justinwb,

Easy for you to start calling someone names over the web from across the country. Send me your info and I will mail ya a plane ticket and you can say it my face.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too bad you don't have a clue about how hard gun owners in Maryland fight for our (and your) 2nd amendment rights.  Perhaps you should stop by the next legislative session and see how involved we are.  You could have met me and hundreds of others testifying against the proposed AWB last session.  Have you testified before Virginia's legislature?

Good on you.  Keep up the fight.  Anyone that has an A. Bierstadt for an avatar is alright in my book.  And I was just teasin' about MD earlier.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I don't like my State either but I can't just pick up and move a family and start over after 18 yrs on the job.

I vote and try to change the Stupid laws in MD but I can't help it is Ruled by Communist.

I agree he does have the right to run his business as he sees fit. But why make fellow gun rights supporters suffer.

This is for justinwb,

Easy for you to start calling someone names over the web from across the country. Send me your info and I will mail ya a plane ticket and you can say it my face.

Not calling you names, just calling what your acting like as for the plane ticket offer. I will have to decline my CCW isnt recognized there and I cant order anything from buds if I decide I need something
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:07:55 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

This is for justinwb,

You're mailing plane tickets for insults on the intraweb? My mom lives in Montgomery Co. MD. I would love to surprise her with a visit. What do I have to call you to get in on this deal?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#47]
don't get me started on buds guns in paris kentucky.   yes they are a bunch of assholes  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:09:23 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is for justinwb,

Your mailing plane tickets for insults on the intraweb? My mom lives in Montgomery Co. MD. I would love to surprise her with a visit. What do I have to call you to get in on this deal?

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Kentucky is great.  We have open carry, concealed deadly weapons (not just handguns, but DEADLY WEAPONS!), machine guns, silencers, short-barrelled anythings, Knob Creek machine gun shoot twice a year and Bourbon.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#50]
PSGSNPR1..mail me a ticket instead so I can get the hell out of here.

The real problem is that Bud's is woefully incorrect in their interpretation of MD law.

MD law does not prohibit any company from selling any gun (except assault pistols) to MD residents.

We in MD can buy all EBRs, and CLass III stuff is automatically signed for by the state CLEO.

Also all new pistols except for assault pistols like Tec-9s and Mac-10s.  So we are way better off than Cali, NY, NJ.etc.

The only thing we can't do is get ccw easily.

Once again Bud's has no legal reason not to sell to MD.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top