Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 11:09:03 AM EDT
This is a large (8MB) pdf file, which is a fun read, and has some practical tips as well.

www.steampunkmagazine.com/pdfs/steampunksguide-web.pdf

So you’ve decided to survive the Apocalypse. Congratulations! Your
fierce, unyielding Determination has already put you Head and
Shoulders above your Competition. And your Appreciation of the less
subtle Technologies of Yesteryear shall put you even farther
above. Hundreds of Meters above, in fact, if you manage to get
yourself a Dirigible!  Consider this Book to be your boon Companion
during the trying Times that lie ahead. No single Tome—no matter how
voluminous—could be complete, of course, but this little Handbook
should aid in keeping you fed, watered, clothed, and protected from
the myriad Hazards of Weather, Human, and Beast.  A courageous Future
lies ahead of us. We wave goodbye, on no uncertain Terms, to the
invisible Workings of the cyberian World. Our Future lies in an honest
Technology, a Technology that is within our Reach, a Technology that
will not abandon us, a Technology that requires not the dark Oils of
subterranean Caverns.  But if you make it no farther into this Book
than Page one, leave with this Motto: “One who clings to Modernity
will fall with Modernity. But one who builds water-powered
Refrigerators will eat summer Fruits in Autumn.”  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds pretty cheesy
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:56:26 AM EDT
[#2]
You realize that "steampunk" is a form of fantasy where people use/make/writeabout futuristic devices and lifestyles from a late 1800's prospective.   This is paramount to a  "furries guide to SHTF", and more or less belongs in GD and not a "tech forum"
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You realize that "steampunk" is a form of fantasy where people use/make/writeabout futuristic devices and lifestyles from a late 1800's prospective.   This is paramount to a  "furries guide to SHTF", and more or less belongs in GD and not a "tech forum"

Now That is a thread that I'd like to know more on...  I guess they figure their fur suit will make the difference after Nuclear Winter hits...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#4]
If any of you guys took the time to actually look at it you would know that it does have some pretty good info.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now That is a thread that I'd like to know more on...  I guess they figure their fur suit will make the difference after Nuclear Winter hits...

BIGGER_HAMMER

TAG for that kitwulfen character... i'd like to hear his opinions on keeping fur suits clean in a Mad Max style apocalyptic world...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#6]
rather liberal with the capitalization, no?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Steampunk is an acquired taste - one I haven't acquired.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

TAG for that kitwulfen character... i'd like to hear his opinions on keeping fur suits clean in a Mad Max style apocalyptic world...

no geese please

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If any of you guys took the time to actually look at it you would know that is does have some pretty good info.

I agree 100 percent. After reading it, it is a great primer for those just starting to look into survivalism.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#10]
It raises some good issues dealing with water filtration, hygiene, shelters, composting, and repurposing modern scrap for survival purposes. No, it doesn't get into a 30 page 'discussion' of which is better, an AK or AR for SHTF, but that's actually a good thing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top