Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2007 10:42:37 AM EDT
The UPS guy is a moron.  I won't go into it.

Instead of even dealing with the guy, why can't I just pick up my stuff at UPS?  I mean before a doortag is placed.

Right now I'm obsessively tracking a package and it has just arrived in Houston.  It is scheduled for delivery by Mr. Retarded UPS Guy tomorrow.

I'd rather just drive over there and pick it up in the morning.

There should be an option for those OCD members of society to use the tracking number to change the delivery option to pickup before an initial delivery attempt.  I want my stuff now.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Preach it!

Drives me nuts, if you call in a few days early to have it held at the warehouse,  they'll tell you they can't do that until its at the local warehouse.  Of course it never shows up on tracking as there until its updated at 9am to say it showed up at 5:30am and went out for delivery a few minutes later.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#2]
They prefer not to do that because it is an exception to their sorting and handling practices.  The shipper CAN send it with a HOLD at the facility though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I've called up the 800 number and asked them to put a hold on it at the main place.  They said it would be no problem but somehow they still attempted to deliver the package and ended up losing it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Instead of even dealing with the guy, why can't I just pick up my stuff at UPS?  I mean before a doortag is placed.

Right now I'm obsessively tracking a package and it has just arrived in Houston.  It is scheduled for delivery by Mr. Retarded UPS Guy tomorrow.

There should be an option for those OCD members of society to use the tracking number to change the delivery option to pickup before an initial delivery attempt.  I want my stuff now.

I'm pretty sure if you call your local hub before it gets there, and let them know in advance that you want it held for pickup there, it shouldn't be a problem.  It's been a few years since I've done that though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#5]
If they let you do it, everyone else would want to.  

Seriously, though, I had a package coming via FedEx.  I got home from work and found the note on the door.  I called (not locally - they don't list a number for the local facility) and was told that after two more delivery attempts the package would be returned to the sender as undeliverable.

I explained that I worked all day, that I did indeed want the package, and that I would gladly pick it up in person.

No can do, according to them.

But I'd have to take time off from work, I explained.

Basically, they said it wasn't their problem.  They are obligated to three delivery attempts.  It's not their fault if it is undeliverable.

I ended up burning a vacation day so I could receive the merchandise I ordered.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure if you call your local hub before it gets there, and let them know in advance that you want it held for pickup there, it shouldn't be a problem.  It's been a few years since I've done that though.

+1 I have it done on any C&R I receive, because I work closer to the UPS hub than I do home, and If i miss delivery at home, I'll have to wait an extra day to pick it up at the hub, So I just have them hold it at the hub for me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I do all the shipping here, and I can't count the times I've had bad UPS experiences.  Their customer service guys/gals are always surly, mean, and in a hurry to get on with their day.  And they never make exceptions.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#8]
When I get a missed package from FedEx I can go to the facility after 5:00pm and pick it up.  They go to the truck.  Pull it off.  Let me sign for it and I am on my way.

If I miss a UPS package I can't pick it up that day.  I have to call them.  They flag the package.  The night crew pulls it off the truck.  I stop in the next day and sign for it.  It's a pain in the ass for "critical" items.  

Now this may or may not be BS:  I asked UPS once why this was the case.  They mentioned it had to do with union rules.  Only the night shift could remove those packages from the truck.  True?  I don't know.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I love living in a single family house just for the reason of my family never having to deal with the BS that is package delivery and apartment complexes who couldn't be bothered to find building X or drop off the package in building X or go downstairs to knock on the door of Unit X.  

If I was still an apartment dweller, I would love the option of picking it up myself because I'd have to do it anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top