Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/11/2007 10:16:34 AM EDT
Sorry if this is a dupe

PLYMOUTH MEETING, Pa. - A teenager who felt he had been bullied amassed a weapons cache and tried to recruit another boy for a possible school attack, authorities said Thursday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Police found a 9 mm assault rifle, air guns, hand grenades, a bomb-making book, videos of the 1999 Columbine attack in Colorado and violence-filled notebooks at the boy's home Wednesday, prosecutors said. They found no ammunition for the most dangerous weapon, the assault rifle.

Police got a tip from a student at Plymouth Whitemarsh High School before receiving permission from the suspect's parents to search their home, where the 14-year-old was arrested.

The boy had talked about launching a school attack, authorities said. The boy had attended middle school in the same district, but had been home-schooled for the past year-and-a-half.

"I do not think an attack was imminent and I am not certain that an attack was going to occur at all," District Attorney Bruce L. Castor Jr. said. "It could have simply been big talking by a kid who thought that he was bullied previously and he was going to exact his revenge."

Classes were held as usual at the high school in the Philadelphia suburbs. The arrest came the same day a 14-year-old with a history of mental problems shot and wounded four people at a Cleveland high school before killing himself.

Since when has a 9mm carbine been more deadly than a hand grenade????
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#1]
doubt it was a real grenade ,,  

other then that ,,  

kudus on the other kid rating him out ..

all you snitches get stiches folks can just STFU right now.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Just saw this on MSNBC.  They had the camera scanning over a table of several airsoft replicas with the caption "police find weapons cache."  The only real gun on the table was a Hi-Point 9mm carbine.

eta: video

abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=5701761

wcbstv.com/topstories/plymouth.meeting.columbine.2.342220.html
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess saying "He had a gun" wasn't sensational enough, which is why they had to mention air guns, paperweights, and books/videos.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Grenades, huh?

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#6]
It's says that he had no ammo for any of the guns, I guess the high prices are effecting the crazies as well.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#7]
The grenades are gonna be hollow dummies (like the journalist) and the 'assault rifle' is gonna be a Hi-point carbine, which doesn't count as an assault rifle by ANYONE's standards.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's says that he had not ammo for any of the guns, I guess the high prices are effecting the crazies as well.

All joking aside though, it sounds like the kid has some serious issues.

ETA:  PLASTIC BB GRENADES!!! OH TEH NOEZ!!111ELEVEN!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I knew the grenades were fake. If they were real, the story would have said, "Gernades! Fuckin' gernades!!"
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#10]
it doesnt count as an assualt rifle ( full auto) let alone an assault weapon (semi auto)
Am I the ONLY one who gets mad at these phases interchanged like magazine vs. clip!

the top video link has a link above the story to report a typo... anyone else wanna flame them for the vocabulary mistake!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I knew the grenades were fake. If they were real, the story would have said, "Gernades! Fuckin' gernades!!"

IN OTHER NEWS: SHIT JUST FUCKING BLOWS UP!!!

FILM AT 11.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FILM AT 11.

Holy hell...I can't stop laughing!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
<snip>

That's because it wasn't an assault grenade.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I hate reporters.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

No, but he obviously had assualt airguns.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

True, very true.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

High Capacity Valve tubes and Gas Inlets
OH LAWD!! BABY KILLING BB's!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Police found a 9 mm assault rifle

Did they find any bolt action semi-autos, or semi-auto machine guns?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#20]
So is it just me, or are they Fing retarded for showing air guns as part of the cache? Seriously, what's next, the damn supersoaker? "Well, we have reports that he'd planned to fill it with soapy water and squirt the teacher in his French class, we just couldn't take that chance..."

WTF???!?!?! I'd feel reFINGtarded if I was in any way involved in showing damn airsoft plastic ass bb guns as part of a weapons cache. Hell, my son's GI Joe collection is a damn weapons cache, complete with technical vehicles and all!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Sheperd Smith on Fox News had this female reporter who kept saying "9MM ASSAULT RIFLE" every 3rd word.  Talk about irritating!  She just wouldn't shut up "9MM ASSAULT RIFLE"  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Police found a 9 mm assault rifle

Did they find any bolt action semi-autos, or semi-auto machine guns?

It was an AK SKS.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FILM AT 11.

Man whatever happened to ol' Bruce? I can't remember the website
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#24]
He was a good kid.  
I don't know what happened.  
He was a loner.  
He wore black.  
He listned to Marilyn Manson.

blah blah blah................

good on the kid that ratted him out........for sure......
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
He was a good kid.  
I don't know what happened.  
He was a loner.  
He wore black.  
He listned to Marilyn Manson.

blah blah blah................

good on the kid that ratted him out........for sure......

Are you confusing this with the kid involved in the actual school shooting at SuccessTech
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The grenades are gonna be hollow dummies (like the journalist)...

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#27]
One article on Fox stated one operational grenade are a couple others in stages of being assembled.

Maybe he did some research on making them operational again or just made a fancy pipe bomb with the casing.  Wouldn't be hard to do.

The rest is normal for the media.

The kid definitely needed to be grabbed up.  I don't have a huge problem with the "arsenal" so to speak but live explosives and hate filled ramblings don't sound like a good combo.

Joe
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#28]
I feel better knowing they nabbed some messed up kid, I could give a shit what weapons he had, because THE KID is the dangerous thing here.

< teh 9mm semi auto assault weapon carbine banana clip!!11!

^^ Media assclown
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Sorry if this is a dupe

PLYMOUTH MEETING, Pa. - A teenager who felt he had been bullied assualted amassed an assualt weapons cache and tried to recruit another boy for a possible school attack assualt, authorities said Thursday.

ADVERTISEMENT AD ASSAULT

Police found a 9 mm assault rifle, assault air guns, assault hand grenades, an assault bomb-making book, videos of the 1999 Columbine attack assault in Colorado and violence-filled assault notebooks at the boy's home Wednesday, prosecutors said. They found no assault ammunition for the most dangerous assault weapon, the assault rifle.

Police got a tip from a student at Plymouth Whitemarsh High School before receiving permission from the suspect's parents to search their home, where the 14-year-old was arrested.

The boy had talked about launching a school attack asault, authorities said. The boy had attended middle school in the same district, but had been home-schooled for the past year-and-a-half.

"I do not think an attack assault was imminent and I am not certain that an attack assault was going to occur at all," District Attorney Bruce L. Castor Jr. said. "It could have simply been big talking by a kid who thought that he was bullied assaulted previously and he was going to exact his revenge."

Classes were held as usual at the high school in the Philadelphia suburbs. The arrest came the same day a 14-year-old with a history of mental problems shot and wounded assaulted four people at a Cleveland high school before killing himself with an assault weapon.

The article as originally written.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#30]
PICS FOR COMMENTING

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
PICS FOR COMMENTING

media.philly.com/images/student_weapons_da_300.jpg

I envy his ex-collection, that's my comment!  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

That made my sides hurt!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
PICS FOR COMMENTING

Slide open, no mag in the Airsoft 1911

but big ol' 30rd mag in the Airsoft AK clone.

no bias here, move along.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I knew immediately that the "9mm assault rifle" was a hi-point without even looking.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#35]
So can anyone actually say why this kid was arrested?  What exactly did he do wrong?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
So can anyone actually say why this kid was arrested?  What exactly did he do wrong?

He tried to recruit a friend to help him shoot up the school.

Scratch that.  I think I'm confusing this case with another one.  The article doesn't seem to say what he did wrong.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Same case.  He tried to enlist an accomplice to do a school shooting.

There are any number of charges that would apply.

Joe
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Same case.  He tried to enlist an accomplice to do a school shooting.

Don't see that mentioned in any articles I have read so far.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........................
90% of the "guns" on the table are Airsoft
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Police also found an operational hand grenade, three other hand grenades in the process of construction, bomb-making equipment and manuals.

The boy's mother bought the assault rifle for him several weeks ago at a gun show, police said. No ammunition was found for the rifle.

Aw shit.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#41]

The bombsquad had to dispose of an airsoft grenade!?

edit:  Wtf!?  They confiscated his plastic toy knives?

edit2:  on second thought this isn't funny..the anti-gun bias of the 'investigators' and down right stupidity of the media is sad.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#42]
The Airsoft Police nabbed a big one
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
PICS FOR COMMENTING

And most of these assault rifles would pass through metal detectors!

btw... is that a large Transformer toy in the bottom right corner of the picture?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
So is it just me, or are they Fing retarded for showing air guns as part of the cache? Seriously, what's next, the damn supersoaker? "Well, we have reports that he'd planned to fill it with soapy water and squirt the teacher in his French class, we just couldn't take that chance..."

WTF???!?!?! I'd feel reFINGtarded if I was in any way involved in showing damn airsoft plastic ass bb guns as part of a weapons cache. Hell, my son's GI Joe collection is a damn weapons cache, complete with technical vehicles and all!

Thats the damn plan of the media, its sensationalism...to get weapons of anykind out of the hands of citizens.  Most people will see those and never know they were air guns shooting plastic BBs.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#45]
height=8
Quoted:
PICS FOR COMMENTING

Sweet, I want the anarchests cookbook...nice airsoft collection too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#46]
height=8
Quoted:
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........................
90% of the "guns" on the table are Airsoft Hell
I had a more dangerous arsenal at his age...............

Kid sounded like he may have had issues, but there is obviously not much objectivity at work here.

What is the point of (or legal issue with) showing a table full of TOYS?
Boy we are on a downhill slide..........

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Am I the ONLY one who gets mad at these phases interchanged like magazine vs. clip!

No, but this is the process the MSM uses to numb the assholes of the sheeple so a new AWB goes "in" oh so smooth.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#48]
How the HELL did he get a grenade!?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Airsoft! Fucking Airsoft!
They act like they just found the arms cache at Waco and its fucking airsoft!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Hilarious!  And WTF is a "laser scope"?  Some form of "scope" that emits a laser?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top