Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2001 5:59:49 AM EDT
This is straight from the horse's mouth....doesn't look good:

[b]So far as I know, there is no contact e-mail address for TNN viewer comment.  No listing on their new website.  Neither do I have any
personal listings for the corporate New Yorkers.  These are the same people who have previously run MTV and VH-1 and Nick at
Night, and TV Land, and now CMT and TNN and the company (Viacom) also owns CBS. They have been quite successful in their
work so far, and probably will be again in re-making TNN into a different network for a different audience. We are quite sure they are
not interested in the opinion of what used to be the audience watching TNN when it was automotive programming and outdoor
programming on weekends.  It is now Baywatch and Startrek and WWF and Robot Wars and it's clear TNN is going to be more of
that kind of stuff.  

Whether American Shooter will find a new network home is an open question, but it's quite clear it's not going to be running on TNN
after December.  Right now it's hard to find it there at all, but it's running what I am quite sure will be the last cycle of re-runs.

Jim Scoutten[/b]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:03:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:03:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:08:45 AM EDT
[#3]
TNN- We have pop.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:15:27 AM EDT
[#4]
You may as well not bother with anything having to do with television programming, especially subsidiaries of viacom. It is owned by Murray Rothstien (now Sumner Redstone) and his intentions aren't for you to control programming but instead for his networks to program you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#6]
figures, any program that is actualy interesting and actualy worth viewing they decide to kill.

Im sure if there was more queer and lesbian subject matter they would want to keep it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#7]
You think PBS might be willing to pick it up?

[;D]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#8]
TNN sucks.  I used to watch it all the time, it was almost bad because I could not get anything done on Saturday because they had so many good shows on.  The word is that speedvision is going all NASCAR.  Where the hell are all these shooting, hunting and automotive shows going to go?  The whole thing sucks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#9]
It looks like the Outdoor Channel would be the best one to pick up American Shooter.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 10:35:20 AM EDT
[#10]
There is certainly a way of contacting TNN. CALL THEM! Thye adverstise their Phone number during just about evry commercial brake. Also I doubt PBS will pick it up as they have contributed to Anti gun agendas in the past. Pretty snake-like for a non profit, we need your money type, Org.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Just when I find a TV show I like......
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I knew that this was going to happen, as soon as I heard that the same group (Viacom) that ran TV Land bought TNN.  Jim's show has the sponsorship, let's wish him luck, hope the show finds a new home!  
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Well they might as well drop it, because my F#$@$*& local aff always replaces it with something else even when it's scheduled![pissed]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I suppose they are gonna replace it with the "Dukes of Hazard"...

F-em
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#15]
American Shooter on the...
[size=6][b]HISTORY CHANNEL[/b][/size=6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top