Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/11/2007 9:24:25 AM EDT
They gave me a RWD G35 Sport, as a loaner car.

That poor, poor car. It barely has any tread left.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:54:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I'm sure the luxurious Mustang, Evo and WRX have Infiniti quaking in its boots. If you're shopping these cars head to head maybe it's time to think about asking yourself what you want most from your vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd still own you.

Tag for when you report back that you got owned by a bunch of Cobras GT's or turbo 4 bangers.

Does it have the tampon in the glove box?

Fixed it for you. They're mid-low 14 second cars at best.

They come w/ around 300 hp / 300 lb/ft tq right?  That'd take care of quite a few turbo 4 bangers.  Unless it was a built turbo 4 banger.

I saw a new G-35 coupe at the drag strip on the coast last weekend.  He had some kinda shitty sounding exhaust on it But anyway, the best run I saw was like a 14.30.  They're basically a 350Z, but more luxurious and a bit heavier.  There are plenty of turbo 4 cylinders that would wax its ass, stock.  SRT-4, STi, and Evo come to mind.  And of course a new GT or a Z28/SS would be a joke.  Considering all cars are stock, of course.

Meh...give it to me and I'll get it in the 13's.  Then again...I've driven a car or two down the straights.  Many times you can't judge a car like that at the strip unless you know the driver.  Lotta guys just take one out to see what it'll run having never worked a tree or slammed through the gears, or launched on a strip.

Excellent point, but we are talking about someone with average driving abitlity
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes, I'm sure the luxurious Mustang, Evo and WRX have Infiniti quaking in its boots. If you're shopping these cars head to head maybe it's time to think about asking yourself what you want most from your vehicle.

LMAO, this thread has lost control! I'm not shopping for a new car. Fivepoinoh just mentioned that a Cobra would beat one, and I mentioned that it wouldnt take that much car.  Big fuckin deal.  We're not doing a Car and Driver comparo here
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#4]
All I know is my 528 hemi would impregnate all of your cars.

Too bad it doesn't have a host yet.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Tagged for the eventual I broke it thread.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

To come, later tonight.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Smoke'em to the rim.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

To come, later tonight.

Please include a pic of you standing in front of the smoking remains so we can put "FAIL" and use it in future posts

That would be awesome.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes it would...I have some cars that could use being impregnated with your 528 Hemi They are quite compatable since they are vintage MOPAR

THIS is begging for a Hemi...can you say, SLEEPER?!
i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/70satvert/66Coronet091.jpg

I have a '71 Duster out behind the barn...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes it would...I have some cars that could use being impregnated with your 528 Hemi They are quite compatable since they are vintage MOPAR

THIS is begging for a Hemi...can you say, SLEEPER?!
i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/70satvert/66Coronet091.jpg

I have a '71 Duster out behind the barn...

I have a '71 and a '73
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I think the 350Z is fuggo, but I think the G35 coupe is dead sexy. In fact, it's probably my favorite Japanese car to sell on our shores.

One of our customers took his G35 down to Kansas and ran it last year. He had a 13.5 second time slip he was showing off, and IIRC he had a poor 60 foot and a wicked fast trap speed for a 13.5 run. His only mods were a cold air intake and an exhaust system.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'd still own you.

Tag for when you report back that you got owned by a bunch of Cobras.

Probably more than one from all the pussy that car will get.

Cobra? Meh.

You can't polish a turd, no matter how much Ford tries.

SG
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:11:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LMAO, this thread has lost control! I'm not shopping for a new car. Fivepoinoh just mentioned that a Cobra would beat one, and I mentioned that it wouldnt take that much car.  Big fuckin deal.  We're not doing a Car and Driver comparo here

GJ Sat.  I was kinda at his comment too.

Nutting like dyno/internet racing
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd still own you.

Tag for when you report back that you got owned by a bunch of Cobras.

Probably more than one from all the pussy that car will get.

Cobra? Meh.

You can't polish a turd, no matter how much Ford tries.

SG

...I would hardly call the Cobra a turd...while it's base is still a Mustang it handles ungodly amounts of power and came out of the factory at a proven 430 hp or so.  The block can handle 600 safely for the most part and the cars are stupid fast for the price.

Ford was smart.  Chevy was also smart for doing away w/ their mullet bait.

What are your thoughts on the Ford GT?  It's a turd too I suppose.

So what do you drive?  The average '03/'04 today will take care of most cars out there.  No bias in that statement but a known fact.  

But hey we're getting back to internet racing now.

If there is one thing I learned about racing...there is always someone faster than you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They come w/ around 300 hp / 300 lb/ft tq right?  That'd take care of quite a few turbo 4 bangers.  Unless it was a built turbo 4 banger.

Think again....

2.4L Turbo VS 3.5L NA
2900lbs  VS 3600lbs
250whp     VS 280whp

4banger>6banger and im pushing about 16psi.
Older mustang Gts have seen my taillights as well

If you are pushing 16psi, you aint stock. Since you ain't stock, please review the conditionals for the statement made and re-evaluate your own statement.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think again....

2.4L Turbo VS 3.5L NA
2900lbs  VS 3600lbs
250whp     VS 280whp

If you are pushing 16psi, you aint stock. Since you ain't stock, please review the conditionals for the statement made and re-evaluate your own statement.

Well there's one condition in which he could be pushing stock...but then he's on borrowed time.....VERY BORROWED TIME.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol, I guess he has never heard of "bench racing"
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Oh man, I rented one once. The thing is a beast.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I almost bought a G35 Coupe but then decided to get this

img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/Loduss/350z/350z_3.jpg

I'm sorry...

The Z33 just doesn't do it for me.  The G35 coupe is everything the Z is, but with more comfort and better looks... and this is coming from a previous Z32 owner.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think again....

2.4L Turbo VS 3.5L NA
2900lbs  VS 3600lbs
250whp     VS 280whp

My Srt4 is as stock as they come..... The fuel system is good for 18psi if you have an adjustable wastegate to control the boost. The 2004/2005 uses stage 1 fuel injectors. You guys better get to studying
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think again....

2.4L Turbo VS 3.5L NA
2900lbs  VS 3600lbs
250whp     VS 280whp

Im as stock as they come.....

And what are you driving again? I must have missed that...

ETA:  Okay, I see your edit.  I figured SRT-4. 2.4 turbo, 16 psi stock is easy to accomplish. I have a few friends with those. Fun cars!  One of my buddies had an '04. He had to get rid of it, now he has an '03 Cobra. That car is a blast!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Hey, give him the loan-ah.

Like rental cars, loaner cars are capable of amazing feats of automotive miracles.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think again....

2.4L Turbo VS 3.5L NA
2900lbs  VS 3600lbs
250whp     VS 280whp

My Srt4 is as stock as they come..... The fuel system is good for 18psi if you have an adjustable wastegate to control the boost. The 2004/2005 uses stage 1 fuel injectors. You guys better get to studying

And in my first built turbo 4 banger statement I almost put the SRT4 in there as a stock example....damn you shawn.  What kinda numbers you seeing?  375-400 HP?

And if you're gonna insult us w/ the "get to studying" comment....last time I studied a Neon it looked like a skittle and sounded like a pissed of bunch of bees contained in a coffee can.  

They're quick cars I'll give'm that.

Trust me I do know lots about cars....

Hell ask Hemi what we were IM'ing each other back and forth about.

I'm throwing a T-70 .96 into a '69 Mustang.....and also throwing on an A/A IC unit.  Not many of those around.  All through a blow through carb....

but but but you can't run street driven turbos through carbs...but but they're harder to tune...but but....
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think again....

2.4L Turbo VS 3.5L NA
2900lbs  VS 3600lbs
250whp     VS 280whp

And in my first built turbo 4 banger statement I almost put the SRT4 in there as a stock example....damn you shawn.  What kinda numbers you seeing?  375-400 HP?

And if you're gonna insult us w/ the "get to studying" comment....last time I studied a Neon it looked like a skittle and sounded like a pissed of bunch of bees contained in a coffee can.  

I'm throwing a T-70 .96 into a '69 Mustang.....and also throwing on an A/A IC unit.  Not many of those around.  All through a blow through carb....

but but but you can't run street driven turbos through carbs...but but they're harder to tune...but but....

Not even close, if he's truly stock.  More like ~250 hp.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
 More like ~250 hp.

Seriously?

Damn that's weak for 16lbs of boost.  Then again SRT4's came w/ turbo out of the factory and were built w/ it in mind that tuners would push these cars to their limits.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:59:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'd still own you.

Tag for when you report back that you got owned by a bunch of Cobras GT's or turbo 4 bangers.

Fixed it for you. They're mid-low 14 second cars at best.

Can I play with my turbo 4 banger...pushing 26psi please?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 More like ~250 hp.

Seriously?

Damn that's weak for 16lbs of boost.  Then again SRT4's came w/ turbo out of the factory and were built w/ it in mind that tuners would push these cars to their limits.

True, but 250hp in a 3k lb car is nothing to sneeze at.  Too bad they dont hook for shit.  There are plenty of 500 hp SRT-4s running around that can't go any quicker than 11's.  There were a FEW breaking the 10's last time I checked (been a few months) but I dont really keep up with it anymore.  Traction owns SRT-4s.

Edit: Now that I read his post, ~2900 lbs. ~250whp is probably about what he's pushing now.  Factory rating is around 225 i believe, and they have been known to be under rated.  I'm surious to know if he keeps that 16psi through the rpm range or if it just spikes at that.  Stock they hold at around 14-14.5 psi.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for making my point, guys. This thread is about as useful as tits on a boar. The vast majority of the posts sound like "my daddy can beat up your daddy" Keep it up!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for making my point, guys. This thread is about as useful as tits on a boar. The vast majority of the posts sound like "my daddy can beat up your daddy" Keep it up!
 Nobody gives a shit man, you must not be a car person  It's entertainment. This is what we do.  You dont have to keep posting.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Repeat after me - ALL RENTAL CARS ARE OFFROAD VEHICLES.

Back in the 90's, I got a Saab 9.5 for a loaner car when my Nissan Sentra was in the shop.  That was a nice upgrade for a day.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Nobody gives a shit man, you must not be a car person  It's entertainment. This is what we do.  You dont have to keep posting.

I am a "car person" Actually, if it has an engine and moves under it's own power, I'm all about it whether it be aircraft, watercraft, recreational or otherwise. Just because I'm not your kind of car person doesn't mean I ain't a car guy. I'm both a car guy and a gun guy. I've been a gun guy longer but if I had to give up one as a hobby, it wouldn't be driving.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Tag for pics of tire abuse.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am a "car person" Actually, if it has an engine and moves under it's own power, I'm all about it whether it be aircraft, watercraft, recreational or otherwise. Just because I'm not your kind of car person doesn't mean I ain't a car guy. I'm both a car guy and a gun guy. I've been a gun guy longer but if I had to give up one as a hobby, it wouldn't be driving.

I've been a car guy longer than a gun guy, and it would be pretty damn tough to give up either!  I'm into performance cars, mainly muscle cars.  The libs are trying to destroy all of my hobbies
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#34]
I love bench racing threads.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Gonna make a poll about what beaks 1st?

Tires
Engine
Trans
Try and occupy the same space as another object
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think again....

2.4L Turbo VS 3.5L NA
2900lbs  VS 3600lbs
250whp     VS 280whp

Not an insult but most guys in GD dont know a damn thing about turbo'ed cars. Sure you can throw a big ol bored over v8 in a classic and kick ass but in order to do that you have to have a shit ton of money and/or the tools and the know how to do it right. You best believe if i had the $ i would be cruising in a blacked out mustang.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I love bench racing threads.

HEY YOU! Hook Hemi up with a live feed That would be epic.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm picturing the garage attendant from 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'.......    

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Not an insult but most guys in GD dont know a damn thing about turbo'ed cars. Sure anyone can throw a big ol bored over v8 in a classic and kick ass but in order to do that you have to have a shit ton of money and/or the tools and the know how.

That's not entirely accurate...for ~10k you could have one helluva fun ride if you know how to use tools and can read.  I know you didn't get your SRT-4 for 10k, and I'm sure you'll sink a lot more into it before you're finished
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think again....

2.4L Turbo VS 3.5L NA
2900lbs  VS 3600lbs
250whp     VS 280whp

Not an insult but most guys in GD dont know a damn thing about turbo'ed cars. Sure you can throw a big ol bored over v8 in a classic and kick ass but in order to do that you have to have a shit ton of money and/or the tools and the know how.

You are not a unique and beautiful snowflake.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Not an insult but most guys in GD dont know a damn thing about turbo'ed cars. Sure anyone can throw a big ol bored over v8 in a classic and kick ass but in order to do that you have to have a shit ton of money and/or the tools and the know how.

That's not entirely accurate...for ~10k you could have one helluva fun ride if you know how to use tools and can read.  I know you didn't get your SRT-4 for 10k, and I'm sure you'll sink a lot more into it before you're finished

Maybe if i had 10k in cash i could have done that. Im still paying monthly payments
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Not an insult but most guys in GD dont know a damn thing about turbo'ed cars. Sure you can throw a big ol bored over v8 in a classic and kick ass but in order to do that you have to have a shit ton of money and/or the tools and the know how to do it right. You best believe if i had the $ i would be cruising in a blacked out mustang.

Pure

There is NOTHING impressive about a bolt-on princess. Any asshole can put in 16 turbo chargers with F4 Phantom impellers and be fast.

It takes skill to naturally aspirate 850 hp, and I've successfully been able to do it in a Mopar 340 block.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#43]
We had a guy up here who, back in the late 90's would rent Dodge Neon's from Enterprise for the $19.99 weekend deal and auto cross them.  He did have a set of steel wheels with slicks mounted on them and drove the manual like an auto (actually kept it in 1st gear most of the course).  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I almost bought a G35 Coupe but then decided to get this

img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/Loduss/350z/350z_3.jpg

congrats you got a few more HP if i member correctly and also saved a few grand

But lost a back seat
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

'71 Maverick? $300.  Nasty smallblock Dodge 408 built in my spare time with parts on sale?  $1600.  TF727 from junkyard?  $50.  Full manual valvebody?  $120 used.  9" rear with 4-series gears? $250.  Soon...an OD unit.  

I've got about $2500 total into the little beast.  It looks like hell...but runs like a raped ape.  MUCH cheaper and faster than any ricegrinder I've come across.

And it is just a toy, not a real drag car.  THAT lives in the barn.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pure

There is NOTHING impressive about a bolt-on princess. Any asshole can put in 16 turbo chargers with F4 Phantom impellers and be fast.

It takes skill to naturally aspirate 850 hp, and I've successfully been able to do it in a Mopar 340 block.

Wanna trade?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pure

I've partaken in a 514 block running 4.20's in the 1/8th NA'd

It's just a matter how deep your pocket goes.  Granted a lot to be said for knowledge but in the end...money is what buys the best parts.

BTW Subnet...since you're now part of this bench racing thread....I think we need to get an ARFCOM Nationals event setup.  Bring out all the cars for show or speed.  Whatever fits your fancy.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#48]
I find it interesting that people here who have no qualms about beating the crap out of other people's property (but it's ok because it's a LOANER ) are probably the same morons who bleat - never buy a new car! Always buy used!  

It's people like you that make me confident that buying new and driving 100-200k is the best way to go.

By the way, once you rent that DVD from Blockbuster, go ahead and scratch it up for the next guy, since you've already seen it.

sheesh.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Yep I think they're pretty quick.

Take it to the local strip

Dump the clutch and 5 grand and hope it makes it.

My step mom has a G35 and it can take it
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I find it interesting that people here who have no qualms about beating the crap out of other people's property (but it's ok because it's a LOANER ) are probably the same morons who bleat - never buy a new car! Always buy used!  

It's people like you that make me confident that buying new and driving 100-200k is the best way to go.

By the way, once you rent that DVD from Blockbuster, go ahead and scratch it up for the next guy, since you've already seen it.

sheesh.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top