Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2007 9:04:18 AM EDT
Has that ever happened to you?

I graduated high school 18 years ago, but the other night was at my locker
and was in a panick because I couldn't remember the combination.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

This should help you
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#2]
It’s a common dream that a lot of people have. I’m in high school and can’t remember my schedule, where my locker is, or its combination.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:13:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This should help you

Thanks.  Glad I had the volume turned up nice and loud for that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never had that exact problem. I mostly panic about getting up for work. Sometimes, I'll wake up 30 times throughout the night thinking my alarm clock is going off.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Nope. But I never really used my locker in the first place, I'd just carry all my stuff with me. That and I only graduated a year and a half ago.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I've never had a dream about being in high school again.

But my senior year, sometime in the winter, I rushed into school after the first bell had rang. Ran to my locker and spun the dial. Wouldn't open. Spun the combo again. Still wouldn't open. Tried it a third time and again it wouldn't open. Then I realized I was using the combo I had the year previous.

Took a deep breath, relaxed (well tried too) and just let my mind go blank. Dialed up the correct combo. Then I rushed like mad again and made it to class in time.

That day I learned a very important lesson in school. But it wasn't one that any teacher taught.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I have dreams like that on a pretty regular basis
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Not any more, but I used to have that dream all the time.

After college, it was the dream where very late in the semester you realize
that you had registered for a certain class, but forgot all about it. Had that one alot.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#9]
This is one of my few recurring dreams...Wow, I thought I was alone.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I have had that dream many times.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

that you had registered for a certain class, but forgot all about it. Had that one alot.

I have had this one quite a few times, and also the high school schedule one.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:20:35 PM EDT
[#12]
It gets worse when you have the same dream - except you are naked and the class bell rings.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#13]
i never once used my locker all through highschool. i never even went and looked for it. i didnt even knew where it was.

but i still remember all the combinations from middle and high school. i use them as parts of passwords

i usually wake up in a cold sweat from falling in my dream. i do it at least once a week. usually just trip in a dream and im awake.

ive also never had the gun wont shoot problem - becuase i never use a gun in my dreams. im always using a machete.

edit: now that i think about it i think i did have the gun not shoot dream a while ago. bah. dont make me remember bad dreams
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#14]
No high school dreams yet.  

The last dream I had involved a motorcycle.  I was road-testing a 2006 Suzuki GSX-R 750.  Wasn't sure how I ended up at the end.  I don't think I crashed.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How about the dream where you need to shoot somebody but the trigger locks up and the gun won't fire?

I've had this one before, too, or atleast a slight alteration. In my dream the weapon always has a trigger pull of what feels like 875 lb, more or less impossible, but with extreme concentrated effort it will fire. I've read somewhere or other this dream signifies you subconciously aren't ready to use the weapon should you have to, which I'd like to think isn't true, but that's one of those things you can't know the answer to until you've been there for real.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about the dream where you need to shoot somebody but the trigger locks up and the gun won't fire?

I've had this one before, too, or atleast a slight alteration. In my dream the weapon always has a trigger pull of what feels like 875 lb, more or less impossible, but with extreme concentrated effort it will fire. I've read somewhere or other this dream signifies you subconciously aren't ready to use the weapon should you have to, which I'd like to think isn't true, but that's one of those things you can't know the answer to until you've been there for real.

Thats pretty much how mine went.

Haven't had that dream since I got my Wilson though.  Wonder if its a coincidence?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#17]
My gun never fails in my dreams, but sometimes it doesn't do anything to the people.

I've shot people in dreams who were about to kill someone randomly.  I see the holes in their chest, back, side, head....but they continue to try and kill other people.  It's like a video game almost...

I hate that dream.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
My gun never fails in my dreams, but sometimes it doesn't do anything to the people.

I've shot people in dreams who were about to kill someone randomly.  I see the holes in their chest, back, side, head....but they continue to try and kill other people.  It's like a video game almost...

I hate that dream.

Do you carry a 9mm?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
SNIP.

I hate that dream.

Had that one a couple of times right after coming back from Iraq.

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

My problem is the trigger pull is 5000000lbs. I can always get it close, but never far enough to fire. That and my feet feel weighted down so I can't run faster than I can walk. I would have such awesome dreams if I could actually use the firearm in my hands and move like I didn't have two broken legs.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#21]
When I was in high school there was one kid I knew that could open just about any combo locker by feel within a minute or two (none of the lockers had padlocks on them, just the built in type). I have no idea how he did it, he just had that "touch".

I wonder what he's doing now?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
SNIP.

I hate that dream.

Had that one a couple of times right after coming back from Iraq.

[://

gun failure dreams or "skill" related dreams where the "skill" fails you is a lack of confidence on a sub conscious level...so if you train more or get better at it and build your confidence the dreams go away...I used to have dreams like that addressed the problem in real life and the dreams stopped working that way...guns worked punches actually hurt the bad guys in my dreams....give it a try guys
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

This is my recurring dream exactly!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#24]
29-9-1  mine from 6th grade.  Which was many many years ago!  
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I have had the whole forgetting the class schedule
dream before, it sucks. After Boot Camp and SOI
I always had a reoccurring nightmare about being
in combat or just an assault course and my gear
would fall a part.

I was always very fastidious about my gear and such.
Everything had a place and everything was in its place.
All the little straps, strings, and tabs were tucked or
banded up out of the way. It wasn't OCD or anything
it just made life easier not getting shit caught on
everything you pass and being able to find what you
need right away at 0-dark-30.

Any way the dream has me running up a hill under enemy fire
and parts of my gear just fall off. A canteen here, an ammo
pouch there until I have nothing but my rifle. Whenever I try
to stop and pick something up, someone yells at me to just
keep moving. Then my rifle breaks, not FTF or FTE, it breaks.
It cracks and crumbles like cheap plastic that has been left
out in the sun too long until it turns to dust. Then the
dream ends.

My current nightmare is sleep paralysis. I get 3-4 times a year.
It sucks.

BTW 37-15-5 is the combo on my lock from high school.
I have not seen that lock in 5+ years I got the lock 14
years ago but I have never been able to forget that combo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top