Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 8:29:02 AM EDT
I was just wondering what you all think is the percentage of who gets the job after being called back for a second interview??

I had a second interview yesterday at a place where I really want to be employeed, and it went very well. I should hear back by then end of day tomorrow.

My track record with 2nd interviews is 50/50 - once I got the job once I didn't and this is the 3rd time I have had one.

What say ARFCOM???

Good luck wishes much appreciated too It's been a stressful week!

UPDATE So I know the lady from this job called my old boss yesterday afternoon, and of course he gives me sterling references. She said she hoped to make a decision by EOD Fri and it's almost noon, I'm dying over here!

I got the JOB wooohoo
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:30:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Every time I've had a second interview, I got the job.  

('course I've only worked one place for 14 years since college...)

GOOD LUCK!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:31:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Me too, second and a tour.
If you get the tour "Let me show you around"
You own it.

Thats how I got this job.

Your interview has been scheduled for March 27 at 3:30pm.  Attached are directions to our office.  Please let me know if you need anything else.

Robert

I apologize for the delayed response, I was appreciate your feed back.  I am trying to wrap up the first round this week, unfortunately I am out of town early next week.  I will be starting my final round of interviews the week of the 23rd.   The position has not yet been filled and at this point I do intend on brining you back in for a second interview.  

Robert

Congratulations, attached is a copy of your offer letter.  Please let me know if you intend on accepting the offer and if the start date of May 14th works for you. I am really looking forward to having you come on board; I think your experience will prove very valuable to

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Think Positive.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, best of luck. I hope you get the job.

I'm 1/1 on second interviews. In most cases, I think I had the job before the first interview. The interview was mostly hammering out the details of compensation and benefits.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:35:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was just wondering what you all think is the percentage of who gets the job after being called back for a second interview??

I had a second interview yesterday at a place where I really want to be employeed, and it went very well. I should hear back by then end of day tomorrow.

My track record with 2nd interviews is 50/50 - once I got the job once I didn't and this is the 3rd time I have had one.

What say ARFCOM???

This depends entirely on how many people were interviewed in the first round, as well as too many other variables that are unique to the workplace.  The smaller company, and fewer people that were interviewed on the first round, purely anecdotally it would seem the better your chances are after getting a 2nd interview.

Then again, they could just be covering their asses as far as proving they were "fair and balanced" to comply with EEOD, and you haven't a shot in Hell.

[ETA] And... Good Luck Wishes!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Second interviews have always got me in the door as well. You definetely have a great chance!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#7]
2nd interviews usually mean, dont say anything too stupid and you got the job.

although on a second interview they asked about my military training and I mentioned I had to go away in a few months.  I didn't get that job and I have a pretty good feeling that was the reason...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:43:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Basically it's a pretty small company but growing, thay have 3 offices and about 40 or so people all together. The position is nothing executive. I had a great repour with all the people I met and the one lady I would be working closely with came right out and said "I think you will fit in perfect", plus every time I answered a question they would say great answer or something to that affect.

It is just so time for me to move on from where I am employed now and I am so saying my prayers.

Thanks all for the wishes!!!

ETA for spelling
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:43:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Second interviews have always got me in the door as well. You definetely have a great chance!

+1

Good luck and kick some ass!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:53:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Update see first post
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:55:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Good Luck......Keep your ARFCOM Family posted!!!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Did "the lady" tell you that the decision would be made by EOD Friday, or did you hear that from your old boss? What I'm getting at is that if you haven't been in regular contact with "the lady" a call might not be a bad idea.

In the meantime, go for a walk. Take your iPod, or whatever. Zone out a little.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Did "the lady" tell you that the decision would be made by EOD Friday, or did you hear that from your old boss? What I'm getting at is that if you haven't been in regular contact with "the lady" a call might not be a bad idea.

In the meantime, go for a walk. Take your iPod, or whatever. Zone out a little.

Yes she told me that directly and I have sent her thank you emails after both interviews. I am at work right now so I can't really go out for a walk and stuff lol.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I got the JOB
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Congratulations!

I hope you can decompress this weekend before you have to start!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

What say ARFCOM???

UPDATE So I know the lady from this job called my old boss yesterday afternoon, and of course he gives me sterling references. She said she hoped to make a decision by EOD Fri and it's almost noon, I'm dying over here!

I got the JOB wooohoo

Congratulations on getting your New Job at McDonalds!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top