Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 7:27:54 AM EDT
It has to be either the basement (AC and heat) or Garage (Hot in summer, cold in winter).

If I go with the basement, I was thinking Of using a 4x4x8 and making a platform to raise it off the floor in case of water. We have a sump pump, but better safe than sorry.

Thoughts?

Here in NJ the temp goes from 0-100 and very high humidty in the summer. I use dessicants packs and two eva drys in there now. I am thinking of a golden rod if I puy it in the basement though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:35:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I know it is not one of your options, but I have both of mine in the Master Bedroom closet.

Out of sight, easy to access from the master bedroom and temperature controlled.

Then again, I have an F'ing huge master bedroom closet.  Like 15'x20'.  I always joke that you can fit 3 of the dorm room I lived in for four years into that closet and I had a roommate!

Anyways,

- AG
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have both of mine in the Master Bedroom closet.

Out of sight, easy to access from the master bedroom and temperature controlled.

- AG

I like.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Just leave your safe at my house.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I know it is not one of your options, but I have both of mine in the Master Bedroom closet.

You must be single, I am lucky if I can hang a shirt in the MB closet.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I keep my gun cabinets in the basement. I wish I had an upstairs room to keep them in. Dessicant packs in each cabinet, with a dehumidifier set at 55-60%. Guns and ammo are fine. Weather conditions are the same here as what you had mentioned.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#6]
In the secret gun room that you are about to build in your house.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Off the master bedroom, if you can.  Preferably in whatever "fall-back" or safe room position you will use.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must be single, I am lucky if I can hang a shirt in the MB closet.

That's some truth right there.

No married man can lay claim to extra space in the MB closet.

I am married (just celebrated 10th year )... I'm just lucky that our new house has a garage sized master bedroom closet.

I've got the big safe and the ammo locker bolted to the floor and attached to the back wall.  Smaller "quick access" safe with handguns bolted to the top of the big safe.

- AG
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:37:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I think I will go with the basement route.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top