Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/11/2007 7:00:02 AM EDT
* I saw this article somewhere last month at the start of Ramadan but it came up again in current news search. *

Iran Promises "Final Response" to US and Israel on October 12
29 Tishrei 5768, 11 October 07 04:53
by Ezra HaLevi

(IsraelNN.com) Iran has promised a devastating “final response” to supporters of the Jewish State on October 12, the Islamic Republic’s Quds (Jerusalem) Day.

“Supporters of the Zionist regime will receive their response during the world Quds Day's rallies,” Iranian government spokesman Gholam-Hossein Elham said at a weekly press conference Wednesday.

According to the state-controlled Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA), Elham was describing Iran's planned response for US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice's visit “to the occupied Palestine [sic].”

"The US loses all opportunities to cooperate with regional and other world states by trying to support a regime (the Zionist regime) which is now at its weakest political and social position," Elham said. "Supporters of the Zionist regime will definitely receive the final response for their support on Quds day."

Quds Day is held each year on the last Friday of the Islamic month of Ramadan. It was instituted in 1979, following the Islamic revolution by Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khomeini.

“I ask all the Muslims of the world and the Muslim governments to join together to sever the hand of this usurper and its supporters,” Khomeini said when proposing the day. “I call on all the Muslims of the world to select as Quds Day the last Friday in the holy month of Ramadan - which is itself a determining period and can also be the determiner of the Palestinian people’s fate - and through a ceremony demonstrating the solidarity of Muslims world-wide, announce their support for the legitimate rights of the Muslim people. I ask G-d Almighty for the victory of the Muslims over the infidels.”

On Quds Day in 2000, Khomeini’s successor Khamenei called for Israel’s destruction, saying it is “the only way to solve the problems of the Middle East.”

Open Threats of War
One of Khamenei’s top advisers, Major General Yahya Rahim-Safavi, declared Tuesday that Iran would strike “in shortest possible time” in case of any strike on its nuclear facilities. He referred specifically to the army of suicide-bombers and child-soldiers active during the Iran-Iraq war. "The enemy will face strong armed forces especially the Basij [suicide-bombers and child soldiers] if it unleashed a military attack on Iran," he said. He claimed that the Basij army has 20 million members.

According to IRNA, “He said that the US has been entangled in a quagmire in Iraq and cannot easily survive.”

Iranian Embassy: US Carried Out the Worst Holocaust
Responding to US President George W. Bush's recent statement that a nuclear Iran would place the region under threat of nuclear holocaust, Iran's embassy in Mexico released the following statement Tuesday: "The term used by President George W. Bush should be referred to what the US carried out in Hiroshima and Nagasaki during the World War II when it destroyed the two Japanese cities with atomic bombs." It added that Bush “implicitly admitted that what Washington had done in Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a crime worse than Hitler's crimes."
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:02:32 AM EDT
[#1]
what a bunch of nutjobs
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:09:19 AM EDT
[#2]
October 11, 2007

The "survival of the world" is at stake if Muslims and Christians do not make peace with each other, leaders of the Muslim world will warn the Pope and other Christian leaders today.

Link
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:09:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Nutjobs yes, but sadly honest nutjobs.  The really sad truth here is that we have been warned, and we will do nothing about it until it is too late.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:21:17 AM EDT
[#4]
They have been full of threat for months now.  

I doubt they will really do anything.

However someday they will do something really stupid.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:22:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nutjobs yes, but sadly honest nutjobs.  The really sad truth here is that we have been warned, and we will do nothing about it until it is too late.

agree completely with this statement .  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:24:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Guess they have to warn us a certain amount of times etc before they can kill us.

It will happen, just dont know when.

If it is tomorrow then

its been real folks. Good luck
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

agree completely with this statement .  

I don't - they threaten all kinds of crazy shit all the time.  Their entire foreign policy relies on vague threats that may or may not happen.  Tomorrow will come and go like any other day.
Matt
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:33:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Lovely, aren't they?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:35:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Fuck'em.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:42:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Fuck'em.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Insert Beach Boy's music here.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Bear in mind it turns Oct 12 about 7 to 10 hours earlier over there than it does over here, depending upon US time zone.

Like we're all going to be stuck in gridlock traffic driving home from work when the SHTF.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:55:28 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Agreed.

I personally doubt much will happen tomorrow aside from hot air coming from Ahmadinejad's mouth, though.

At MOST a small atomic weapon exploded on Iranian soil, and that is a low likelihood type thing.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:55:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm stayin' in bed tomorrow, I'll see out the apocalypse in comfort
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

I personally doubt much will happen tomorrow aside from hot air coming from Ahmadinejad's mouth, though.

At MOST a small atomic weapon exploded on Iranian soil, and that is a low likelihood type thing.

I'm betting a long range missile fired across their country or into the water.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:23:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Im suprised the survival forum hasnt been buzzing about this date. Its the first Ive heard of it
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:31:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Why do they alwasy do this on pay day?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#20]
I bet it's the release of a video similar to the Al Qaeda response to Family Guy showing Muhammad (South Park).
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:41:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

We wont do anything because our leaders are soft but Israel that's a different story...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Again?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Khameinei is a the boss, and Ahmadinejad is a puppet, but you never heard me say Khameinei is a moderate. For my money, he's public enemy number one.

I'd rather not speculate as to what the 10/12 threats are referring to, the possibilities, outside of an announcement of increased centrifuge operation have been well covered.

It is interesting to me to note that the Telegraph ran a story about satellite TV problems in Israel, Lebanon and Syria yesterday. Seems the problems began 9/6 and continue into the present, snow, signal degradation.

I see three possibilities there:

1. Damages caused by ECM during the 9/6 raid.

2. Interference caused by current Israeli emanations.

3. Interference caused by others. The story suggest a Dutch/UNFIL ship in the Med, or Russian payback for the 9/6 raid.

Option 2 looks best to me, Israel went to the trouble to explicitly warn Syria that if chemical weapons were used against Israel, Syria would cease to exist, and suspected or potential inbound chemically tipped missiles are one threat likely to increase early warning emanations.

More than a month after the raid, and given Israel's known and suspected intelligence gathering and sharing capabilities suggest to me that the inside circles of Israeli defenses perceive a significant threat, if they're willing to risk alienating voters who watch television.

With three nuclear tipped cruise missile subs Israel would be able to retaliate regardless of the success or failure of a large scale Syrian missile attack. It's hard to predict how iran would respond if their mutual defense pact ally Syria was involved in a WMD exchange with Israel, but at the very least, there's a potential threat there as well.

That type exchange is the most significant issue currently on the table over there, and that's not the kind of thing a savvy commander would telegraph in advance, so I don't put much stock in Iranian threats for October 12th.

The Iranians think differently than other countries around the world, so anything's possible, but right now, an NBC exchange, beginning with Syria and Israel tops my threat list.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#24]
From Joel Rosenberg:

By Joel C. Rosenberg LINK

Washington, D.C., October 8, 2007
—Lynn and the boys and I just got back from a week out of the country to find some big headlines. President Bush says he is “very optimistic” about forging peace in the Middle East at next month’s summit in the U.S. We pray he’s right, but the latest stories out of the epicenter suggest leaders there are steadfastly preparing for war.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is vowing to liberate “all of Palestine” and vows some sort of “final response” to Iran’s enemies on October 12th, Qods (Jerusalem) Day. Here is the official story from the Iranian news service’s website:

(edit, original post information quoted here)

What does this mean? No one knows for certain. Will it be another false alarm like Iran’s vow to issue some sort of definitive “response” to the West regarding its nuclear program last August 22nd? We shall have to wait and see. But it must be seen in light of Ahmadinejad’s recent speeches suggesting the arrival of the Islamic Messiah is “imminent,” rather than several years away.

Syria’s leaders, meanwhile, say they will retake the Golan Heights using any means necessary. Lebanon is on the verge of a civil war and Hezbollah continues to buy massive amounts of weapons from Iran and Syria to prepare for a future war with Israel. And all the while the U.S. and Israel are reportedly stepping up their war gaming efforts to prepare for war with Iran and possibly Syria as well.

If all these rumors of war in the Mideast weren’t troubling enough, Russian President Vladimir Putin said this past week that he plans to stay in office beyond 2008, when he is constitutionally mandated to step down. He won’t serve as “president.” Instead, he plans to slide over one chair and become Russia’s “prime minister.”

So the cat is finally out of the bag. Putin now admits he plans to stay put. He wants to change the hat, but keep the power. It’s a very worrisome development, especially in light of Putin’s planned $200 billion increase in defense spending and his recent arms deals with Iran, Syria, Algeria and other Islamic enemies of the West. Putin is no democrat. He’s recasting himself as a classic Russian Czar. His ambitions run far beyond maintaining control of the Kremlin.

We’ll look at his long-term goals in future posts. For now, consider this FLASH TRAFFIC message from November 1, 2005: “I simply don’t believe Vladimir Putin’s repeated refusals to seek a third term in 2008. I think he’s staying. The big question is, ‘Under what pretext would Putin stay?’ The answer: to maintain stability. Stability is Putin’s mantra. My sense is that he intends to maintain it at all costs. That would—by definition—means he plans to stay in the Kremlin as he believes only he has provided Russia something Gorbachev and Yeltsin didn’t. What will be the crisis, real or perceived, that requires Putin to change his mind and stay in office? It could be the possibility of an ultranationalist fascist like Vladimir Zhirinovsky or a Communist like Gennady Zyuganov rising in the polls and suddenly being in a position to win the presidency and thus seize control of Russia. It could be a terrorist attack, or the threat of one, or a stock market collapse, or the threat of one. It’s too early to say what the ‘crisis’ will be, but I submit that come 2007 or 2008, Putin will declare one so serious the he has no choice but stay at the helm.”
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#25]
They cant do shit, there UZI's went missing.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
FWIW I've on-and-off been looking for anything that telegraphs Iran's intentions for tomorrow... I have found nothing to support them being on a higher military footing or any kind of mobilization in recent days...

Naturally I can only do this online with open source materials but thus far, nothing....

Keep an eye open for southward inclinations in Iran, among other things. They're a little top heavy in the Zags from where I'd want to be, and (marginally) light all around the Strait.

We have a pretty big HS FTX coming up, dirty nuke games, three western cities plus Guam, but so far I don't see any leverage there to open on Iran. Hazy on the dates, call it 10/15 thru 10/30.

FWIW...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:30:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Isn't it the 12th over there right now?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#28]
~ 2am in Dubai now.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:35:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=246

Yep.

Has the mahdi popped out of the well yet?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say nothing will happen tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=246

Yep.

Yeah, but he saw his shadow and went back in.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Friday, October 12, 2007 at 12:08:14 AM

Guess this is it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but he saw his shadow and went back in.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm really tired of those assholes.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say nothing will happen tomorrow.

+1
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#37]
The whole damn, freaking  bunch of them will begin ulutating in unison and the whole of the western world will come tumbling down like the walls of Jericho.

Be sure to have your shooting muffs on lest you be destroyed.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Ohh for crying out loud

We are people of the same God, remember?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#39]
What a bunch of dumb asses, INEEDAJOBA has an ass on his shoulders that somehow is able to speak, the world should be amazed the IRANIAN gov has created this miracle of speaking asses. I am amazed as so should you be. Guess it's some new breakthrough. SPEAKING ASSES imagine that
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#40]
17 minutes before midnight here on the East Coast.  Wonder what time  zone Ahmamoveondotorgajad meant when he said he'd give his answer on the 12th?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 3:13:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
17 minutes before midnight here on the East Coast.  Wonder what time  zone Ahmamoveondotorgajad meant when he said he'd give his answer on the 12th?

12th of never, puff & bluster to make we evil infidels shake in our Danners/Bates/Magnums.................
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:17:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Only thing that happened here was a heavy thunderstorm last night. So much rain that I'll bet the sump pump will be running later today.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:26:26 AM EDT
[#43]
And in other news...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top