Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 6:07:49 AM EDT
www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5718554,00.html

That has got to suck!

"OMG - I'm alive!  I made it! I'm ALIIIIVVVEEEEEEEEEIEIIIIIIIII!" *Splat*

RED CLIFF - Questions linger about an Iowa man who fell to his death after a car accident, the Eagle County coroner said Tuesday.

College student Justin Parker, 24, of Ames, Iowa, survived after his car went about 300 feet down a steep embankment near Red Cliff last month.

It was an accident Parker should have survived, authorities said. But he was found dead at the base of a second cliff, Coroner Kara Bettis said.

"We didn't find any evidence it was suicide," Bettis said. "We didn't find any notes - his friends said he wasn't suicidal."

His parents in Des Moines were dumbfounded to learn their son had died in Colorado, authorities said. According to reports, Parker was supposed to be attending classes at Iowa State University at the time.

Parker was last heard from Sept. 24, when he used his credit card to make a purchase, Bettis said.

She estimates his death occurred between then and Sept. 26.

On Sept. 27, a photographer spotted Parker's car off U.S. 24, down a steep embankment. When rescuers reached the car, they found it had plunged about 300 feet, landing upright.

"According to the State Patrol, there were footsteps that led from the car and disappeared over another cliff," Bettis said.

Parker was found at the base of that cliff.

The cause of death will be determined once toxicology tests are completed, Bettis said.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:14:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone want to start a poll on the results of the tox report?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:14:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Homer Simpson?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:20:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top