Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2007 9:33:59 PM EDT
They are going after Turkey for atrocities against Armenia. This will piss of the Turks and they will no longer allow us to use their bases and airspace. Dem's win.

Anyone else agree or disagree?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#1]
We don't use Turkey for shit anymore.  After they screwed us in 2003 we only use their airspace and bases for people moving and transient shit.  We have all our combat airpower positioned in other (better) locations in theater now.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck Turkey, I like Ham.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#3]
why did you post this twice? double tap?

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The short bus is here for me, bye.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Turkey was not cooperative in 2003 when we first moved into Iraq.  They have also been complaining lately that the Kurds have been attacking them with American weapons.  

The Democrats talk a lot of crap about Iraq but won't do anything about it either (nor have they done anything to date).  They will vote on non-binding resolutions and go on the news saying why Bush is the devil, but most of them are too busy looting billions of dollars from the public coffers by giving multi million dollar contracts to their family members and building billion dollar parks in Beverly Hills to do anything about Iraq.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The short bus is here for me, bye.

Best answer possible.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:11:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Did someone delete my post? I swear I was the first to reply to this
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
We don't use Turkey for shit anymore.  After they screwed us in 2003 we only use their airspace and bases for people moving and transient shit.  We have all our combat airpower positioned in other (better) locations in theater now.  

Wrong.
We actually do have bases in Turkey. Know a couple of people who were going to be stationed out there. However I don't know the significance of the bases thou.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:49:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrong.
We actually do have bases in Turkey. Know a couple of people who were going to be stationed out there. However I don't know the significance of the bases thou.

I know.  My roommate just got back from Incirlik AB.  The fact remains that the days of Operation Northern Watch and a real combat aircraft presence in Turkey are long gone.  We use the 'lik for gas and go now, and that's it.  No combat aircraft (bombers/fighters) are allowed there anymore.  We are doing just fine in Qatar, Oman, etc.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#10]
What about our spy planes stationed in Turkey?

How do you think we keep close watch over the region (Iran), including Russia?

Read slowly, learn quick grasshopper. Screwing with the Turks will have bad results. Allies are supposed to be treated kindly, not worse than you would treat the enemy.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wrong.

Well, why should you?  Only one or two others on this thread seem to.

The answer is yes, the Democrats have found the strangest way yet to try to work directly against our military interests.  Turkey is very important for what they allow us to do and what they do not do out of respect for us.

As far as I'm concerned, this one is nearly as direct as enlisting another foreign power to join the fight against us.  The democrats have clearly jumped the fucking shark.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Unless we are softening up Armenia for possible U.S. Installations.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:47:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't hardly think the loss of Turkish support will put an end to our operations in Iraq.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:56:46 PM EDT
[#14]
That's not the only libtard iron in the fire.

There's this huge, massive, end of the administration war going on between Rice and Cheney.

Rice wants America to stoop and kiss Iranian butt. One at a time, each of us.

Cheney wants to torture Iranian children, before boiling them in oil and using their guts for garters.

The source for this impeccable inside scoop?

Why the libtard media of course, led by the New York Times.

Turkey's going to lay low for a while, like good boys and girls, in hope that St. Euro, soon will be there.

The Kurds are going to focus cross border raids east for a while instead of north.

The Dims are going to make lots of partisan noise, to salvage their wounded pride, while throwing up precisely zero significant obstacles to National Security.

Bush let them look through the satellite eyepeice and what they saw soiled their panties.

It's on, but the timing is still unclear, to me anyway.

Interesting side note...it seems that Israeli sat TV is snowy and has been since 9/6.

Odd comms issues all over Lebtucky, Syria and Israel.

Shortage of spare parts?

IAF active at max power?

Time will tell...

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:04:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That's not the only libtard iron in the fire.

There's this huge, massive, end of the administration war going on between Rice and Cheney.

Rice wants America to stoop and kiss Iranian butt. One at a time, each of us.

Cheney wants to torture Iranian children, before boiling them in oil and using their guts for garters.

The source for this impeccable inside scoop?

Why the libtard media of course, led by the New York Times.

Turkey's going to lay low for a while, like good boys and girls, in hope that St. Euro, soon will be there.

The Kurds are going to focus cross border raids east for a while instead of north.

The Dims are going to make lots of partisan noise, to salvage their wounded pride, while throwing up precisely zero significant obstacles to National Security.

Bush let them look through the satellite eyepeice and what they saw soiled their panties.

It's on, but the timing is still unclear, to me anyway.

Interesting side note...it seems that Israeli sat TV is snowy and has been since 9/6.

Odd comms issues all over Lebtucky, Syria and Israel.

Shortage of spare parts?

IAF active at max power?

Time will tell...

If you ever take on an apprentice please let me know, have guns will travel.

I wish I could find a survival oriented community and become one of them. I like a healthy amount of tin foil nowadays.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:12:46 AM EDT
[#16]
My buddy left for Iraq monday and is going through Kuwait.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:14:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
[

I wish I could find a survival oriented community and become one of them. I like a healthy amount of tin foil nowadays.

In other words:

I want to be led by someone more charismatic than me.  David Koresh, Some guy from ARFCOM, Duncan Hunters younger brother... Anyone!!

I want to take orders from someone who isn't paying me!!

Suggest something, I'll say yes.

Tell me to build a tent, and I'll ask "how tall, sir, and may I refresh your diet mountain dew?"
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:16:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I went from Dover to Aviano to Daharan then a C130 to Kuwait.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I went from Dover to Aviano to Daharan then a C130 to Kuwait.

He went from Maine to Germany to Kuwait
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:18:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

In other words:

I want to be led by someone more charismatic than me.  David Koresh, Some guy from ARFCOM, Duncan Hunters younger brother... Anyone!!

Tell me to build a tent, and I'll ask "how tall, sir, and may I refresh your diet mountain dew?"

I'd like to have a tight community like the BD's had, without the fucking insane shit that went on though. A better defended compound would be number one priority though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:31:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

In other words:

I'd like to have a tight community like the BD's had, without the fucking insane shit that went on though. A better defended compound would be number one priority though.

I'm assuming you'd pass on the rampant sex with minors, prophetic devotion to the leader, etc., but the fact that you think you'd need a compound MORE protected than the BD compound, which they were afraid to approach with anything with less armor than an M60 or the combat recovery vehicle makes me think that somewhere just beneath the surface... you have 'kook' just itching to get out.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:32:10 AM EDT
[#22]
I likes me some smoked turkey
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:43:02 AM EDT
[#23]
I would like to get one of those AR15 .410 guns they are making in Turkey before relations are fucked.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:45:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

In other words:

I'm assuming you'd pass on the rampant sex with minors, prophetic devotion to the leader, etc., but the fact that you think you'd need a compound MORE protected than the BD compound, which they were afraid to approach with anything with less armor than an M60 or the combat recovery vehicle makes me think that somewhere just beneath the surface... you have 'kook' just itching to get out.

I don't know what your issue with the poster is, but personally I wouldn't mind living in a compound nothing short of a nuclear bomb could breach.

Of course, I want myself to be the only person living there... Not interested in any community crap.

*sigh*, what happened to the good old days when you could build a fort and surround it with double 20' high concrete walls with APER and AT mines inbetween?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Turkey has pulled their Ambassador from the U.S. Not good.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Hooray for starting problems were they don't exist. The government today in Turkey has fuck all to do with the government that was there then.

Maybe they can threaten sanctions against Germany for the holocaust next.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top