Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2001 1:22:02 AM EDT
heres some pics i scanned out the local liberal rag, it shows members of the Northern Alliance (the GOOD afghans) fighting the taliban.
the first guy looks pretty young

[img]http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/1000008078/1000008078_1021200145748AM0.8141748.jpg[/img]

down in a bunker
[img]http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/1000008078/1000008078_1021200145749AM0.2737957.jpg[/img]

heres a pic from my college newspaper, it shows the ROTC students learning about inner workings of the M16, with a large cut away rifle -- kinda neat-O i thought
[img]http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/1000008078/1000008078_1021200145749AM0.9259694.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 1:27:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#2]
i dont agree with the "afghan countryside breeds extremists", other countries think the US breeds urban violence and pyscho gun owners, does it?

obviously this is a muslim country, they will NEVER have the same type of human rights that we have in the US, why do you think they would ?

but at least the northern alliance wants to go back to the way things were before the taliban showed up and assassinating people, and started driving people into huge refugee camps, battering of women along with ZERO rights (which they had before the taliban). and of course the N.A. doesnt fly 747s into american buildings or drag dead US bodies in the street, which the taliban WILL DO if they get half chance.

the NA must not be too bad if the russians are supporting them, and the US Spec Ops are probably working with them.
were not going to solve all of aghanistans problems, but were not there to do that either, and expecting them to have "human rights" similar to the US is just pushing modern judao/christian US ideals on a old fashioned muslim country, which is one of the reasons why the radical muslims HATE our country.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
How can we give the NA any credit. from what I hear the front line troops and commanders switch sides depending on whos winning at the time.. just think they are all the same, just change thier alegance to benifit them. as far as why the russians are helping them out i think they would help anyone that fights the taliban..
your right we are not there to restore thier human rights,  we are there to bomb and destroy the taliban regime that suppurts terrists (so do the NA ) the US would supurt [b] ANY [/b] one thats fights the taliban right about now  just like the russians .
just because the NA is not as bad as the taliban doesnt mean they are freedom fighters for the greater good, they just want to be the a$$ holes in charge...

any way its 2:56 am so im not sure if any of this made any sense.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top