Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2007 3:30:39 PM EDT
Traffic at a stand still and heavily armed LEOs every where.

I wasn't worried until I saw the DFW bomb squad truck

www.kxii.com/home/headlines/10414357.html

SHERMAN, Tex. -- A seven-hour standoff between Sherman Police and a man armed with a pipe bomb came to end around 5:30 this morning.

According to Sherman Police, they received a call around 10:30 Tuesday night of a suspicious vehicle driving erratically on U.S. 75 late Tuesday and tried to pull him over. Instead, the man sped away.

Sgt. Bruce Dawsey says a brief chase ended when the car spun out on a gravel parking lot.

Upon approach of the vehicle, the driver, 33-year-old Richard Hunn of Sherman, was found slumped over in the front seat of the car. Hunn then took off, and a pursuit ensued.

After a successful perimeter was set up by Sherman Police, Hunn displayed what appeared to be a pipe bomb to authorities near East & Pecan Streets in Sherman. The standoff came to an end there around 5:30 Wednesday morning.

Sgt. Bruce Dawsey of the Sherman Police Department says officers used tear gas seven hours later to flush the man into the open, then fired beanbag rounds at the man to force him to drop the pipe.

Hunn was taken to a local hospital for precautionary reasons where will be booked into the Grayson County Jail upon his release.

The D/FW Airport Bomb Squad was called to the scene where they were successfully able to detonate the explosive safely after the standoff ended. No one was injured in the contained blast.

This is not the first time Hunn has been arrested. In October 1999, Hunn was arrested for possession of an explosive device and attempted capital murder after he was discovered attempting to detonate an explosive device behind the Sherman Police Department.

We’ll have much more on this throughout the day on KXII-TV and KXII.com.

Such a lovely neighborhood I work in.

WTF? Second time he had done this????
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Great job ending the standoff without killing the suspect. Big thumbs up here.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Great job ending the standoff without killing the suspect. Big thumbs up here.

Should have shot him the first time.

With lead!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Poor-Man,

Where do you work?  I was living in McKinney the first time this headcase tried this.  I sure miss being close to Wild West Pawn.  Bought many a great milsurp there.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:44:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Poor-Man,

Where do you work?  I was living in McKinney the first time this headcase tried this.  I sure miss being close to Wild West Pawn.  Bought many a great milsurp there.

On Montgomery street.

Not far from WWP at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top