Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2001 10:58:16 PM EDT
... "War Against Terror '[u]May Never End[/u]'"

Dick Cheney, Oct. 20. 2001

... Somehow I think Dick is right, but I sure hope our military can smash this easily as would be expected from President Bush.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
... doesn't this concern anyone but me?

(in as much as that: Any "project" I've ever worked on in my career definately had and ECD (estimated completion date).

... I've never had the luxury to declare that "My job will go on forever"

... don't get me wrong, I like Dick.
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 11:21:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/20/2001 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Sound like a great gov't program to me [:)]

Seriously ... the "war" on terror should never end - meaning that we should ever be vigilant and ready to defend ourselves (gee, interesting concept, that, eh?) - and I mean as individuals on behalf of the 'corporate' whole in some way or another.  This is something the average guy has managed to forget, what with Dial 911 campaigns, and other LEO sponsored safety and security programs.  People have decided that the police are there to protect them, when they aren't.

However, the [b]military[/b] action in the 'War on Terror' should cease at some point, and the 'war' should be declared a 'victory'... perhaps not for a looooong time, but there should be a point at which we can declare victory.  I think it may be a bit to early to say what those conditions are... because we don't know the extent of this cancer, but at some point we should be able to say, 'once we're done with this action, and that skirmish, and freezing those funds, we can call it a victory'

- edited because if I don't, I won't be able to nit pick with other peoples spelling -
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 12:03:46 AM EDT
[#4]
As long as there are two opposing ideals, there will be fanatics who'll do evil for their "just" cause.

Link Posted: 10/21/2001 12:05:33 AM EDT
[#5]
You mean we can't get rid of this like small pox?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You mean we can't get rid of this like small pox?
View Quote

I am glad we got rid of it and got to stop vacinating people...wait a second.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 12:10:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 12:10:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top