Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2007 8:03:49 AM EDT
Supposedly as a Qualified Officer in the NG you are entitled to a bonus, is there any reason not to take this bonus.  I heard some rumors from other officers that by taking this bonus you are extending your contract?  I also heard some rumors by accepting this bonus you are "volunteering yourself" for a deployment.  I think that is just some bs that one of my buddies pulled out of his ass.

But even if it was true I would be happy to volunteer

I really want to research this before I accept it,  my enlisted days taught me the importance on not just signing the contract and taking the recruiters word
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, i'll bump this too.  I'm about to go into a local Guard unit myself.  I can keep my prior service enlisted rank, or I can go into the officer program.  I'm still deciding.

-K
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:32:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
tag!

I am on an IRR deployment, but will most likely join the National Guard when I get back for a TDA slot, hopefully as an OCS instructor.  Two deployments is enough for me, and if there is a chance they will deploy me, I won't join.

How is afganistan?  What is your mission over there if you dont mind sharing?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah, i'll bump this too.  I'm about to go into a local Guard unit myself.  I can keep my prior service enlisted rank, or I can go into the officer program.  I'm still deciding.

-K

You could go the officer route but the process will probaly take you a year of active duty time.  Or you could do the state program but that takes 18 months.

Yup.  That's all part of the equation.  If I do it it will be the state route and probably a committment afterwards.  One thing I really like about going the enlisted route is i can join for only a year - long enough to get MOS Q'd - and then get out if i don't like it.  The idea of serving in the military under a Clinton again scares the hell out of me.

-K
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-K

You could go the officer route but the process will probaly take you a year of active duty time.  Or you could do the state program but that takes 18 months.

Yup.  That's all part of the equation.  If I do it it will be the state route and probably a committment afterwards.  One thing I really like about going the enlisted route is i can join for only a year - long enough to get MOS Q'd - and then get out if i don't like it.  The idea of serving in the military under a Clinton again scares the hell out of me.

-K

It scares everyone!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top