Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 9:25:48 PM EDT
As the title says, anyone on here know russian?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Only a little, but I can pretend on the rest.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I do.

ETA: Why?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I graduated from DLI. But that was in the late 80's..
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:49:21 AM EDT
[#4]
First off where did you all learn it? I want to learn how to speak it, hopefully without a class(my schedule would make it hard to attend a class) Also, I wanted to teach my new dog with russian commands. If one of you could give me the pronunciation of the words - sit - stay - down - come - up - no - good boy - that would be excellent!! Thanks

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:56:15 AM EDT
[#5]
A class with a competent teacher is really your best bet for learning a foreign language, especially one that has strange pronunciations like Russian. Otherwise, you can give yourself bad habits and misunderstandings that can make it pretty much impossible for you to communicate with speakers of the language.

Personally, I'm taking it in college now.

As far as the commands, I don't know Russian dog commands. Though, may I ask why you want to teach your dog with Russian commands?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:08:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Da.

ETA: I learned it while living in Kiev, Ukraine for a couple years.  Find some native speakers in your area.  They should be able to help you with pronunciation better than anyone can over the internet.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:20:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well I graduated from DLI. But that was in the late 80's..

Monterey Mary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top