Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 8:48:14 PM EDT
Where I live there is a building Downtown that is being renovated to have 3 apartments on the second floor and shops on the first floor. I've heard the apartments will be sold instead of rented. I'm a little interested after I heard that there will be one large apartment with a private elevator and underground parking. I haven't heard the asking price for the apartment. There really aren't any upscale apartment around my area and this one sounds really cool.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Are they going to be like a co-op?  Or a condo??

I'm afraid those outside The City will have little clue as to what you speak of...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I'm afraid those outside The City will have little clue as to what you speak of...
I have no clue what your referring to. LOL. Please explain.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have no clue what your referring to. LOL. Please explain.

So...

Where up state do you live???
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#4]
If it's condo, it might be worth it. Co-op on something like that will drive you nuts. I'd never buy a co-op. I don't like "regular people" that much.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If it's condo, it might be worth it. Co-op on something like that will drive you nuts. I'd never buy a co-op. I don't like "regular people" that much.

What exactly is a co-op?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What exactly is a co-op?
Well, they're set up a little different everywhere, but in general, the residents all own part of the building, and share certain costs like maintenance, trash service, snow removal, etc. There will be no end to the bickering about who is supposed to pay what.

In a condominium, there will likely be a property management company that collects fees from the residents for such things.

The OP needs to do a LOT of research.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What exactly is a co-op?
Well, they're set up a little different everywhere, but in general, the residents all own part of the building, and share certain costs like maintenance, trash service, snow removal, etc. There will be no end to the bickering about who is supposed to pay what.

In a condominium, there will likely be a property management company that collects fees from the residents for such things.

The OP needs to do a LOT of research.
I will thanks for that little tid bit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#8]
also, what happens when the owner or company that owns it dies/dissolves/bankrupts, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top