Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 8:05:16 PM EDT
Perhaps we invite some asshats from DU over for a battle of wits, no arguing with emotions, but using actual facts. They would limited to one area so they couldn't troll on the rest of the board. It would be fun.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Liberals don't understand facts, only baseless emotions.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Perhaps we invite some asshats from DU over for a battle of wits, no arguing with emotions, but using actual facts. They would limited to one area so they couldn't troll on the rest of the board. It would be fun.

Oh, you were serious. Shit we can't even have a reasoned debate in GD amongst "allies" (although sometimes I wonder) without one side resorting to emotion. How the hell do you think that liberals would fare.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, you were serious. Shit we can't even have a reasoned debate in GD amongst "allies" (although sometimes I wonder) without one side resorting to emotion. How the hell do you think that liberals would fare.

It would be an open invite, battle of the wits, no emotions, just facts. Each side had to present various topics of debate, rebuttle would be no more than one paragraph but none of which could not be written without facts. It would be awsome.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I acutally like this idea....
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#5]
You would have to start an account at DU and not get banned before you could invite any of them over here. As soon as you surfaced they would show you the door.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We already have that forum Here

Not contained enough, they would troll all over this website. We need one area just for the battle. Seperate account registration.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Cute idea, but they are already crawling all over GD.   I guess you missed the last 14 "9-11 was an inside job " Conspiracy Threads, huh?

Good for you.  You didn't miss anything.  Trust me.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#9]
We could always call it "The Blood-stained Ice Floe."

Or not …
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

www.ecoenquirer.com/baby-seal-man.jpg

Or not …

I dont want to know what that bearded man is going to do with that seal after he finishes huggin' it...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Waste of bandwith.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.ecoenquirer.com/baby-seal-man.jpg

Or not …

I dont want to know what that bearded man is going to do with that seal after he finishes huggin' it...

Date Night at the Arctic Circle?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#13]
You can't convince someone that stupid of anything.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#14]
It takes a bigger fool to argue with a fool. I'd rather see an information page of incontrovertible firearms related facts including arguments disproving all the anti gun propaganda, with statistics of all "dangerous things" for perspective on the imbalanced attention that is brought to bear on firearms, and a reference of positives stories of firearms ownership. Also, one of my favorites, a hammering home of the estimate of just how many firearms are in circulation, listing types and including estimates of ammunition amounts purchased, kept as personal stock and amounts fired responsibly on a regular basis coupled with a reminder of just how many people overall there are in the U.S and how many of them are responsible firearms owners day in and day out. This I believe would go far in providing a new perspective. With something like that Arfcommers in the know could simply refer the anti types to the particular firearms truths that apply. I believe this would preferable to providing forum where anti's could would feel compelled to stand their ground after making an uninformed statement.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It takes a bigger fool to argue with a fool.

Seriously and boy can I be a fool.....from my experience.

Nothing good comes from discussing/debating with a commie liberal.

Its around like a record...enough to make your head spin.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:49:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a better idea. Let's talk about guns.

Colonel Hurtz
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It takes a bigger fool to argue with a fool.

Seriously and boy can I be a fool.....from my experience.

Nothing good comes from discussing/debating with a commie liberal.

Its around like a record...enough to make your head spin.

Your avatar is fucking disturbing
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#18]
waste of time ..
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I would cause a tear in the actual fabric of space/time........a singularity would form and the interweb would collapse, al gore would cry as his invention just vanished.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#20]
It would infect the rest of ARFcom... eventually it would be a zombie wasteland of sheeple and illegals, skewing the information on the site to our downfall

I think its better if one of us just trolls a thread there every so often
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You would have to start an account at DU and not get banned before you could invite any of them over here. As soon as you surfaced they would show you the door.

I suspect the OP has that covered already...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:02:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I can sum this whole proposed forum up for you:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

Vagina bleeding retarded nonsense...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quoted:

Logic...

Quoted:

Weeping and more nonsense...

etc.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I can sum this whole proposed forum up for you:

Quoted:

Vagina bleeding retarded nonsense...

Quoted:

Logic...

Quoted:

Weeping and more nonsense...

etc.
You give the arfcommer to much credit
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:42:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Sorry, but that sounds like emotionally based, fairly sophomoric reasoning.  First of all, emotions run rampant in all but the most level headed posters here... and they're exclusively on the Idaho home town forum.

The fact that you think that the myriad of political idiologies, interests, and gradients of such found here could easily be corralled into one forum where you're ideas would reign supreme by appointment indicates that it is YOU who might need a safe area to play in.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top