Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 12:55:31 PM EDT
If you're ever on a conference call and you're not talking then you should always mute your phone. This prevents the other participants on the call from hearing you gripe about the items being discusses on the call.

What prompts this tip you ask? Well, I am on a call right now and one of the participants is a low level executive (someone with enough clout to get anyone canned that he wants to though) who sounds like he is a flaming homosexual. Well this executive was outlining some new BS process that is going to slow everyone down when all of the sudden we heard someone say in a loud voice 'Why is this fucking f*ggot interfering' or something to that effect. The entire call went silent for about 30 seconds, until the homosexual executive asked angrily "WHO SAID THAT?". The PM who was leading the call didn't miss his opportunity to throw out the name of the person that everyone knew had said it (no, it wasn't me). I think there is going to be an opening with my company in the near future.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#1]
That's classic!

GR
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Another one joins the ranks of the unemployed.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#3]
the same thing has happened here at work, the mute button doesnt work when you press it half way down.....

they got fired.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Where do I send my resume?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I bet that guy had an empty feeling in his stomach when he realized what happened

Edited for speeeeelling like a retard....
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#6]
classic
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Animal noises and having sex with animal noises should be avoided also. The guy was really good. Just because *7 is suppose to mute , doesn't mean it works

It was classic. Several minutes the speaker went on before he said anything. Bud Abbot had nothing on this guy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:16:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I would pay to here that recording.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Animal noises and having sex with animal noises should be avoided also. The guy was really good. Just because *7 is suppose to mute , doesn't mean it works

It was classic. Several minutes the speaker went on before he said anything. Bud Abbot had nothing on this guy.

Wow, I just can't even fathom the thought process that went on in this person's head when he decided to do this.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I did that once.

This was just before Christmas, I was leaving on vacation that afternoon and I had been at work all night long.  I was pissed that I'd have to leave soon, go home and sleep for a while befre hopping in the car for 20 hours.  

CIO was on the other end of conf call, and I said "this guy's a fucking douchebag".  I thought we were on mute.  Once the line went silent, I figured hey, if you're gonna go down, go down in flames.  I launched into a tirade on how incompetent he and his staff were, when he attempted to retort I told him I was leaving the office now, and walked out.

I should mention that this guy had been my peer at the acquiring company, and had recently won the CIO slot over me post-merger, so I knew I was probably a dead man walking anyway.

I was shitcanned before I got out the door.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#13]
What is with the damn avatar switching!?!?!?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Where do I send my resume?

Probably to the 'fucking faggot' I don't know the address.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What is with the damn avatar switching!?!?!?

Its the cool thing after consumating a ghey relationship, better than matching rings..

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#16]
yup, I've done that several times.  luckily our conference bridges are kinda crappy so I've gotten away with it.  mostly I've done it on customer conference bridges though so they didn't know voices.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#17]
What's worse are the ignoramuses who purposefully don't mute it, especially if they are working from home and they have a screaming baby or some shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top