Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 12:35:57 PM EDT

The Second Amendment

I share our Founders’ belief that in a free society each citizen must have the right to keep and bear arms. They ratified the Second Amendment knowing that this right is the guardian of every other right, and they all would be horrified by the proliferation of unconstitutional legislation that prevents law-abiding Americans from exercising this right.

I have always supported the Second Amendment and these are some of the bills I have introduced in the current Congress to help restore respect for it:

* H.R. 1096 includes provisions repealing the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and the Federal Firearms License Reform Act of 1993, two invasive and unconstitutional bills.
   * H.R. 1897 would end the ban on carrying a firearm in the National Park System, restoring Americans’ ability to protect themselves in potentially hazardous situations.
   * H.R. 3305 would allow pilots and specially assigned law enforcement personnel to carry firearms in order to protect airline passengers, possibly preventing future 9/11-style attacks.
   * H.R. 1146 would end our membership in the United Nations, protecting us from their attempts to tax our guns or disarm us entirely.

In the past, I introduced legislation to repeal the so-called “assault weapons” ban before its 2004 sunset, and I will oppose any attempts to reinstate it.

I also recently opposed H.R. 2640, which would allow government-appointed psychiatrists to ban U.S. veterans experiencing even mild forms of Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome from ever owning a gun.

You have the right to protect your life, liberty, and property. As President, I will continue to guard the liberties stated in the Second Amendment.
Ron Paul R-TX

While I understand that the majority of this site is for Fred, And I'm bracing for a firestorm, but why not support Ron? We cannot go wrong by returning to the constitution.

His stance on the 2a, Along with his tax stance, his immigration stance, his plan for resolving the national debt, Shoot, just about everything he is is in line with us...

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a good thing that Ron Paul supports the second amendment. We're going to need our guns if he ever gets his way and ends our involvement in our overseas interests. Our enemies would be pouring into this country like ants on a chocolate bar.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#2]
GO RON PAUL!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The Second Amendment

I share our Founders’ belief that in a free society each citizen must have the right to keep and bear arms. They ratified the Second Amendment knowing that this right is the guardian of every other right, and they all would be horrified by the proliferation of unconstitutional legislation that prevents law-abiding Americans from exercising this right.

I have always supported the Second Amendment and these are some of the bills I have introduced in the current Congress to help restore respect for it:

* H.R. 1096 includes provisions repealing the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and the Federal Firearms License Reform Act of 1993, two invasive and unconstitutional bills.
   * H.R. 1897 would end the ban on carrying a firearm in the National Park System, restoring Americans’ ability to protect themselves in potentially hazardous situations.
   * H.R. 3305 would allow pilots and specially assigned law enforcement personnel to carry firearms in order to protect airline passengers, possibly preventing future 9/11-style attacks.
   * H.R. 1146 would end our membership in the United Nations, protecting us from their attempts to tax our guns or disarm us entirely.

In the past, I introduced legislation to repeal the so-called “assault weapons” ban before its 2004 sunset, and I will oppose any attempts to reinstate it.

I also recently opposed H.R. 2640, which would allow government-appointed psychiatrists to ban U.S. veterans experiencing even mild forms of Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome from ever owning a gun.

You have the right to protect your life, liberty, and property. As President, I will continue to guard the liberties stated in the Second Amendment.
Ron Paul R-TX

While I understand that the majority of this site is for Fred, And I'm bracing for a firestorm, but why not support Ron? We cannot go wrong by returning to the constitution.

His stance on the 2a, Along with his tax stance, his immigration stance, his plan for resolving the national debt, Shoot, just about everything he is is in line with us...

The big reason that he does not have more widespread support here is alot of posters do not agree with his foreign policy positions.  His lack of support does not have to do with his stance on domestic issues.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Fred has a shot.  Ron doesn't.

As Beck says, "You can't sell the steak without the sizzle".

Something about Ron...just kind of creeps me out.  I can't put my finger on it.

Fred, on the other hand, LOOKS like a president.  AND, he has played one on TV.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Ron Paul FTW!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Fred has a shot.  Ron doesn't.

explain, plz. (with something other than "feelings").

i can understand why some people think Dr. Ron Paul may not win, but to think Fred has a shot... is just crazy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to vote for him in teh primaries.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The big reason that he does not have more widespread support here is alot of posters do not agree with his foreign policy positions.  His lack of support does not have to do with his stance on domestic issues.

Is stance on foreign issues is that way it is because of his stance on domestic issues.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
While I understand that the majority of this site is for Fred, And I'm bracing for a firestorm, but why not support Ron?

We've listed our reasons, argued them out in depth in too many threads to count.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#11]
There are two problems with RP IMO

1. He isnt a very viable candidate and could bring a split in the vote like 92

2. He wants to 'understand why we were attacked' on 9-11...Who cares, we WERE attacked, now we kill them, end of discussion.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Have you actually ever heard Ron Paul speak? Are you watching the debate? Do you actually think that guy would make a good PRESIDENT?

If Ron Paul is the president, you might have your gun, but your country might not be there anymore.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't get me wrong, I think Ron would be an OK president.  The only issue I have with him is his pull-the-troops-out-NOW isolationism.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Come on, I'm not a troll

Paul isn't an isolationist and has no problem with going to war, as long as it is done as the constitution outlines. We've already kicked the terrorist's asses into the stoneage. I realize that our concern is Iran now. The solution? Declare war, fight, win, come home. Decades long policing just isn't going to work. We handled the Nazis and stood off the Soviets, both much more fearsome enemies than those we're likely to face again anytime soon.

I've watched the debates, and it seems to me that Paul is doing the best job at getting his points across. He is running as a Republican, not third party. Maybe his views are a little extreme, I thought so too, and was a staunch supporter of Fred, Ron Paul is just too good to pass up. It's not a wasted vote to put it toward him. He's doing quite well; It will just take a little more activism on our part. Give him a serious look, Look at his record, it's impressive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top