Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 11:47:00 AM EDT
???

Coming into America from an anonymous friendly hebrew country.

Said anonymous friendly hebrew country and national airline have no issues with this.

But what about US Customs....
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I doubt you'll be able to carry it on, so you'd definitely want to invest in a proper transit system for it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#2]
In checked luggage it should not be a problem.  Customs may ask about it - but it isn't illegal.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Just no evil terrorist, America-hating, Osama Bin bottles of water.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:55:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Kind of along the same topic:  Would someone actually wearing a parachute be allowed to board a commercial flight here in the states?  What if it was a carry on item?  lol
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I doubt you'll be able to carry it on, so you'd definitely want to invest in a proper transit system for it.

Kharn

I don't think it's on the TSA list of prohibitted items.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Kind of along the same topic:  Would someone actually wearing a parachute be allowed to board a commercial flight here in the states?  What if it was a carry on item?  lol

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Didn't have any problems although it was all domestic flights.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:25:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You wouldn't be able to properly secure your seat belt with your seat in its full and upright position, and it won't fit in the overhead compartment.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:25:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm 99.9% sure parachutes are a legitimate carry-on item, I've heard of several people carrying them on.  Would you trust the baggage guys to not damageit? Plus, even if it wasnt damaged, imagine the hold-ups it would cause if it were accidently deployed.

ETA:
USAirways:

Parachute equipment
Parachute equipment will be accepted in the normal free baggage allowance in lieu of a piece of baggage. One item of parachuting equipment consists of:
One sporting parachute and any additional items (example: rigging, etc) securely attached.
Sporting parachutes are acceptable as carry-on baggage provided the parachute and its accessories meet carry-on size limitations and does not contain compressed gas cylinders or other such items classified as dangerous goods.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#11]
What if you wore a kevlar vest while traveling?

Despite it not being illegal, you know the TSA goons would hassle you for it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd just wear it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What if you wore a kevlar vest while traveling?

Despite it not being illegal, you know the TSA goons would hassle you for it.

Thugs Standing Around

They'd just be jealous they don't get body armor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top