Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/9/2007 11:08:53 AM EDT
I was just watching another one of those crazy Saudi drifting type videos on LiveLeak and go to wondering:  Has it ever or do you think it will ever become popular or even a fad here in the states?

The video I was just watching was one where they get their vehicle up on two wheels while driving down the highway at full speed.  Didn't see any bystanders meet Alah in this one though.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#2]
They do some dumb shit over there.  Ever seen the one where the two guys get some serious hangtime when their car begins to roll?  Funny shit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was just watching another one of those crazy Saudi drifting type videos on LiveLeak and go to wondering:  Has it ever or do you think it will ever become popular or even a fad here in the states?

The video I was just watching was one where they get their vehicle up on two wheels while driving down the highway at full speed.  Didn't see any bystanders meet Alah in this one though.  

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

But from the general notion I'm getting, I must say I am somewhat in favor of it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I always got the impression that expensive cars were disposable over there...especially from the stories I heard from my Dad's AWACS days in the 80s
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#5]
?? Drifting is here. Probably different than the Saudis.. I have seen some show on G4 with a bunch of rice rockets on a course.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
?? Drifting is here. Probably different than the Saudis.. I have seen some show on G4 with a bunch of rice rockets on a course.

No he's not talking about asian style drifting.  I'll go dig up some youtube vids for you guys.  Basically they get up some good speed on the straights and start fishtailing and doing 180's and 360's....

Pretty neat shit but the day I see some ricer doing that shit on an interstate is the day he meets the business end of something black that goes bang.

ETA: Here ya go

Turn down the speakers...it's that arabic jim jabby techno music playing in the background

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-nTjykV8og

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oj6ztznphM&mode=related&search=
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Not to that level.

They are doing it with no regard to safety, on what looks like a public road (in the middle of BFE).

If it were done here, it would be illegal. Nobody would let people do that at a track or road course (liability) and the cops would be on your ass in a heart beat if you did it anywhere you could find an open road.

They do some cool shit, but how many times did they fuck up their cars before they figured out how to do it right???
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I always got the impression that expensive cars were disposable over there...especially from the stories I heard from my Dad's AWACS days in the 80s

I have heard that the duties and taxes to import the cars cost more than the cars themselves.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No he's not talking about asian style drifting.  I'll go dig up some youtube vids for you guys.
Link
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Here we call it "ghost riding" or simply "going dumb."

Here's an (unintentionally) hilarious YouTube video called Go Dumb USA.  

Reason #163 not to live in Oakland.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wB0lwIkQnw

Make sure you turn it up, if you aren't at work that is.

"One minute everything's all good, the next minute ten !@%^&*rs stompin' on ya hood...

If you at the show don't be acting stuck up, your whole night and ya car might get @^%&ed up..."
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I hope not.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's the one where guys wreck and get some serious air time....hilarity ensues in a sick kind of way.

Famous words, "If you're gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI5b4M3Twsk&mode=related&search=
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Check out the body being ejected in this one...

Edit - beat me to it....

Looks like a spectator being killed 2 1/2 min into this one

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi4bfmlWZoM&mode=related&search=

What a bunch of idiots.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice one fivepointoh.  LOL

Wonder how you say "look mom, I can fly!" in farsi?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

hmmm dunno

Look ma....no seatbelt
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Here's the one where guys wreck and get some serious air time....hilarity ensues in a sick kind of way.

Ouch!  That had to leave a mark!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Drifting sucks!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Good hang time - but way too much bounce on the entry. I give it a 5.8  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#20]
That isn't much different than they drive period in my experience!

Local officials are cracking down though because of all the deaths and desire for more tourism . . . at least in UAE anyway.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ouch!  That had to leave a mark!

I'm guessing the guys didn't make it...but who knows.

There's another vid out there of this vid but it's a remix sorta where it keeps slowing down when the bodies eject and adds some good humor to it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Ah, drifting. The sport invented for imported cars who kept getting their 1 liter asses beat on the drag strip.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

DAYUM!  I can't stop laughing, tho!  What a bunch of dumb asses!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#24]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eYhbVvL0Sw&mode=related&search=

Here's a good one.  Kapow!!!  Mr. man-dress gets punted about 50 feet.  

That's what I call an allahu smack-bar...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Holy shit!!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:47:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Well it is indeed insane but far more entertaining to watch that than the riceboys version of drifting.

If this kinda stuff is gaining popularity I need to go buy some stocks in rubber and tire companies.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Well it is indeed insane but far more entertaining to watch that than the riceboys version of drifting.

If this kinda stuff is gaining popularity I need to go buy some stocks in rubber and tire companies.

You're about a year late to buying stocks in the colored wheels.  Pretty cool.  They're still black but have pieces of color embedded in the tread to make the smoke a certain color.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

So... you think he made it ???  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I wonder who got his sandals since it looks like he has no further use for them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Why does Darwin come to mind?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

He asked about Arab drifting, not Persian drifting.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're about a year late to buying stocks in the colored wheels.  Pretty cool.  They're still black but have pieces of color embedded in the tread to make the smoke a certain color.

The colored tires you mean? They've been around a lot longer than a year. BFgoodrich did them a few years or more back. I remember seeing ads for them when I was still toying with my Firebird. Dumbest thing I've ever seen but rice boys love that stuff.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

by rice rockets do you mean how the new mustangs dominate the sport?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not a sport. It's an exhibition.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#37]
taggage
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sliding around on pavement is not a sport.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But the new stang bodies do dominate b/c when you mix curves w/ V8-RWD goodness it works.

W/ that said I don't see what all the rave is about the "event"
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Ah, drifting. The sport invented for imported cars who kept getting their 1 liter asses beat on the drag strip.

Well said.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Amen to THAT.

Supermoto:  Not A Sport

Short Track Supermodifieds: Not A Sport

Isle of Man Rally:  Not A Sport

NASCAR at Watkins Glen:  Not A Sport

Grand Hotel Hairpin at Monaco GP:  Not A Sport

I'm with you on this one Etho, I'm glad we got that shit cleared up.  That'll seperate the REAL motorsports from all the crap out there.  If it ain't tube framed cars with Ford Taurus shells turning LEFT ONLY on a track that's larger than 1/4 mile long, and if the drivers can't speak english OR maybe they speak english too well, then it just ain't a sport!  

Plus, you have to have the people in charge manipulating race results to make it more like a soap opera for their attention-span challenged core fanbase, or they won't buy as much overpriced team logo merchandise this week and the bottom line might suffer.  See the following:

www.insiderracingnews.com/Writers/RF/100107.html

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#42]
I mean seriously, I had no idea a Hyundai could go that fast!

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#43]
idiots
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wB0lwIkQnw

What a blurry, confusing clip that is...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#46]
        Years ago I new a guy who was involved with the oil buisness in several arab countries back in the 50s . They had a major problem teaching various arab workers to drive cars and service trucks. Common accident was two arabs comeing at each other miles out in the desert on a one track road/trail and both drivers would assume the other would give way and they would drive head on into each other.
       Present day politics seem to progress in much the same way
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

What a blurry, confusing clip that is...

That's why you gotta listen to the lyrics.

You live in that state, YOU tell ME dude... LOL
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#48]
LOL - ok then - i stand corrected. Wow - proof idiocy know no international boundary and that money cant buy brains.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

lawl!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Here are some accidents

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba_NesgNpaQ&mode=related&search=

Awesome.. so when you kill someone from drifting, do they cut off your just your feet, or your hands too?

Its amazing more dont die - just sItting on the sidelines while shiggers (get it, I made a new word, its like wigger, but for sheiks!!!) fly by out of control at 80MPH.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top