Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/8/2007 10:11:11 PM EDT
Assault suspect gives police officer ‘wet willie’ following arrest
Tim Hudson E-E County Reporter
October 5, 2007
http://www.examiner-enterprise.com/articles/2007/10/05/news/news203.txt
A Bartlesville man found that giving a police officer a “wet willie” after his arrest Thursday was not such a good idea.

According to court records, Louis Carlos Perales, 38, picked up an additional charge of assault and battery on a police officer after he put his finger in his mouth and then into an officer’s ear.

Perales was already under arrest for threats to kill and public intoxication at the time of the incident.

According to police, officers were dispatched to a residence on the 200 block of N.W. Mistletoe in reference to a domestic assault. Officers were told that the suspect was not currently at the residence but was on his way there.

Officers saw Perales get out of a white SUV and “immediately started crowding” an officer. The report indicates Perales was “loud, belligerent, and uttering a steady stream of profanity towards his wife.” Perales reportedly told his wife “You better be gone when I get out because I’m going to kill you,” in Spanish.

Perales’ wife told police that problems started when her husband was drinking at a party in Caney, Kan. He reportedly began threatening other party guests before going into a rage, pulling her hair and tossing her around. She said that she left Perales at the party. When she learned that another family member was bringing him home, she called police.

Bond was set in the case at $10,000.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Assault and Battery over a Wet Willie? What a fucking joke.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate "Wet Willies". Someone else's bodily fluid in my ear pisses me off.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Some type of charge is warranted when some drunk illegal gets his body fluids on you. I applaud the officers restraint in allowing the court to determine if punishment is warranted.

Not so many years back that guy would have showed up at the jail with 8 broken fingers.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Will the defendant please rise.

You are charged with giving the officer a Wet Willie.  On that charge, the jury finds the defendant guilty.

You are hereby sentenced to a noogie, two grundies, and 3 indian burns.  The indian burns will be served consecutively.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Deportation for wet willie....at least it was not a slick willie....
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I would have cracked up
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You're right.  I'd probably get the suspect behind the squad car and have him 'fall' a few times on his face.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You are charged with giving the officer a Wet Willie.  On that charge, the jury finds the defendant guilty.

You are hereby sentenced to a noogie, two grundies, and 3 indian burns.  The indian burns will be served consecutively.

Bailiff, whack his pee-pee!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Sir, you have a sense of humor and a sense of justice.  You have no place in our legal system.  

The correct answer is that if this guy is a white, he should get 2 years without parole.  If he is an oppressed minority, he should get community service and the officer should take a sensitivity course.  If he is an illegal immigrant, he should get a nice settlement along with free health care, schooling, welfare, a stipend, and a personal BJ from our President.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:26:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Wet willies are just one of those things that set me off.  I would have beat the guy.

I think it stems from my older 2 brothers terrozing oh so many years with wet willies being a staple of that terrorizing.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some type of charge is warranted when some drunk illegal gets his body fluids on you. I applaud the officers restraint in allowing the court to determine if punishment is warranted.

Not so many years back that guy would have showed up at the jail with 8 broken fingers.

You must have a second source of info on this case.  Mind posting it, so the rest of us can as well informed as you?  Because, even with my college education, I can't find anywhere in the quoted article where the defendant's citizenship / possible immigration status is mentioned.

Familiar with the terms racial profiling and/or xenophobia?

I saw no mention of his race in the article. He does however have a propensity for crime, live in a state with a large illegal immigrant community, speaks spanish and has a latin american name. Lawfull immigration from latin american has been very restricted for the defendants entire life and if he were born here he would likely speak english. so its a pretty good bet he's an illegal. But don't let common sense get in the way of your liberal college indoctrination.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:27:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must have a second source of info on this case.  Mind posting it, so the rest of us can as well informed as you?  Because, even with my college education, I can't find anywhere in the quoted article where the defendant's citizenship / possible immigration status is mentioned.

I'd say it's a pretty good bet that this guy is an illegal

And HE was probably going by the fact that I posted it
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw no mention of his race in the article. He does however have a propensity for crime, live in a state with a large illegal immigrant community, speaks spanish and has a latin american name. Lawfull immigration from latin american has been very restricted for the defendants entire life and if he were born here he would likely speak english. so its a pretty good bet he's an illegal. But don't let common sense get in the way of your liberal college indoctrination.

All coincidences
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:29:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're absolutely right.  I recall at least one Perales on the Mayflower.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:28:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:36:44 PM EDT
[#19]
What would be the charge for a wedgie?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Assuming that someone with an Hispanic name who is involved in a crime is illegal is xenophobic and racist.  Your defense of your position isn't working, either.

I don't feel I have to defend my "position" against someone
who has outed themselves as a liberal with their story comparing
Pilgrims with illegal aliens who enter this country in full knowledge
of the laws they are breaking. The Pilgrims "migration" isn't comparable
in any way with our current situation by anyone with any reasoning ability at all

You actually had a "possible" leg to stand on arguing about conclusion jumping

However, when you switched to xenophobia and racism you jumped the tracks

Illegals are CRIMINALS.....NOT foreigners, illegal is not a race, thanks for playing
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Officers not being allowed to practice the 'beat & release' program (aka 'Wall to Wall Counseling') are now required to handle such situations by massive quantities of paperwork directed at the offender-in-question...

And so they do...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:42:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And I remember reading about the problems the Pilgrims had with those pesky immigration laws.  Oh wait, that's right, they just took over the place, using the argument that God gave them the right to do so.  But they're heroic, even though they basically did the same thing then that many others are doing now.

BTW, my point isn't that illegal immigration is good, it's just that using the Pilgrim argument is flawed.  You can't argue against the influx of people into lands claimed by others by stating that those being crowded were right in doing it first.

Oh, and middle Tennessee has a large illegal immigration problem.  If my friend, Jose, went off his rocker, got drunk, yelled at his wife in Spanish, and were arrested, would it mean he's an illegal?

For the record, Jose is a U.S. Army veteran, a native-born U.S. citizen of Dominican parents, and an ARFCOM member.  But, he has an Hispanic name, speaks Spanish around his family, and lives in an area with an ever-increasing population of illegals.  Oh, and he hates illegals.

But, here's something you might find helpful:
www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/office_space_kit_mat.jpg

Does your buddy get drunk and threaten multiple people at parties?
Does your buddy get drunk and throw his wife around by her hair at parties?
Does your buddy get drunk and "crowd" LEOs, maybe stick his finger in their ears?
Does your buddy get drunk and yell "I'll kill you when I get out" when his wife calls LEOs?

If he's legal he probably doesn't do that kind of crap, illegals do it regularly

Legal folks do it regularly too...

Assuming immigration status by last name is absurd...

Tell me, 22bad:

Do we have any illegal immigrants in the USA from Puerto Rico?

(don't help him, guys!)
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:47:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Legal folks do it regularly too...

Assuming immigration status by last name is absurd...

Tell me, 22bad:

Do we have any illegal immigrants in the USA from Puerto Rico?

(don't help him, guys!)

Yeah, didn't you have a thread about how it was a logical fallacy
to post about illegals committing crimes because Citizens do too?

Haven't you also argued repeatedly about how fences don't work?
(in spite of their use across this country, in the .MIL and mexico?)

You really think I don't know that people in Puerto Rico are US Citizens?

What a maroon
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:59:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't know how cops deal with some of these assholes without a biohazard suit.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:06:32 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I am, however, the son of a legal immigrant.  But, her maiden name is Maloney.  Does that Irish name mean she's probably a fund-raiser for the IRA?

You know better than to post stuff like this.  On gun boards white people don't count, they are all angels and victims.  Any other talk is simply liberal PC BS propaganda designed to bring down the American white male.

Also, you forgot to call for the death of some race or religious group.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:06:56 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I can certainly be convinced to change my mind.  But not by tossing around racist, stereotypical assumptions.  I don't know the guy in the article.  He might very well be an illegal immigrant.  I'm not arguing about his immigration status.

My whole point has been that assuming one is an illegal immigrant simply based on his last name, area of residence, and a recent arrest is silly.  There are plenty of Hispanics whose families have been in this country legally for generations, who get into legal trouble.

Should we assume that a resident of New York City, with an Italian name, who is arrested for murder, is a member of the Mafia?

Or, is it just fashionable to paint all Hispanics with an illegal immigrant brush, and all Arabs with a Islamic-extremist terrorist brush?

You mean like these guys?
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=623106
If you go dig up the last thread on that(which I tried to find)
you'll see that I was jumping to a conclusion on those guys

I made post after post about their school, their "fireworks", ect, ect

I can see what you are(or rather were)talking about
however, the other side is that I'd rather see that asshat
as an illegal than an hispanic that was completely disregarding
our rules of society, our rule of law and our Law Enforcement Officers

And, if the numbers can be trusted
40 million hispanics in the US
20 million illegals in the US

Someone drunk, throwing his wife around at a party, threatening people, saying
he would kill her when he gets out of jail and giving a "wet-willie" to the arresting
Officers has at least a 30% chance of being illegal, personally I give it more than 50%

YMMV
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:10:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Just kids having fun.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:15:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I can certainly be convinced to change my mind.  But not by tossing around racist, antifeminist, patriarchal, nondiverse, anti-people-of-color, antideconstructionist, representational, lookist, hetero-dominant stereotypical assumptions.  

Go curl your pubes, Nancy. And iron my shirt while you're up.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:29:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:40:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:45:33 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
If the name wasn't given, would it be safe to assume the perpetrator was a white-male, living in a trailer park, with a mullet, a Camaro, and a Dale Earnhardt Jr. commemorative plate collection?  

Domestic violence and drug/alcohol abuse are problems which reach across socio-economic boundries.  Heck, five years ago, I spent the night outside the home of a white, American doctor's house, ensuring that the good doctor didn't return to kill his estranged wife, who had just filed for divorce after he had repeatedly beat her.  I was especially concerned, because the Dr. apparently had a 'friend,' read that as lover, who was a former Special Forces-qualified soldier, who might have been teaching his gay lover some nasty little tricks.  That little situation throws all kinds of stereotypes out the window, huh?  A gay Special Forces soldier?  A bisexual doctor who does drugs and beats his wife?  It was a nice home too, no double-wides in that neighborhood.  I don't remember the Doc's name, but had it been Garcia, or Hernandez, would it be a safe assumption that he was illegal, as well, instead of from upper-class America?

If the name and behavior was not given there would be no basis to "assume" anything

No, I wouldn't assume a Doctor was an illegal, you are really bad at making comparisons
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:49:29 AM EDT
[#34]
I'd say an Atomic Wedgie is in order.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:58:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:02:22 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
The point is, assuming something to be fact, when not all of the information is present, is a dangerous practice.

Yes, illegal immigrants commit crime.  Yes, many illegal immigrants are from Spanish speaking countries, and, therefore have Spanish names.  However, there are plenty of U.S. citizens and legal immigrants, with Spanish names, who commit crime.

Yes, guns are used to kill people.  Yes, many of the more infamous killers in America are white males.  Yes, many of those white, male, killers have used guns to commit their heinious acts.  Obviously, no one on this board would state that any white male who owns a gun must be a future mass murderer.

That's the type of illogical conclusion we'd rail against if it were espoused by the Violence Policy Center, the DU, or The Campaign to Elect Clinton in 2008.  Why would we decry their use of illogical, stereotypical assumptions, yet resort to them ourselves?  It puts us in the same boat as them, from a stand point of having a leg on which to stand.  We can't win by bringing ourselves down to their level.  We have to hold ourselves to a higher standard, and must place ourselves above stereotyping, if we ever hope to convert people to our side.  You can't fight dirty without getting mud on yourself.  That's been my whole point all along.  I'm not here to argue the guys immigration status.  I'm simply saying that making assumptions based on stereotypes is no way to show that you're right.

Okay, you made your point

BTW: when moose didn't bother telling anyone about his witness ID
I knew that white males were the most likely suspects for mass murder
but, it didn't make me "feel bad" because I was lumped in due to my race
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:03:18 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
 Assuming that someone with an Hispanic name who is involved in a crime is illegal is xenophobic and racist.  

Hispanic is not a race. Most hispanics are white. Some hispanics are black. You are confusing cultural background, national origin and ethnic heritage with race.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:06:34 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I can certainly be convinced to change my mind.  But not by tossing around racist, stereotypical assumptions.  I don't know the guy in the article.  He might very well be an illegal immigrant.  I'm not arguing about his immigration status.

My whole point has been that assuming one is an illegal immigrant simply based on his last name, area of residence, and a recent arrest is silly.  

Nobody made that assumption based on that criteria.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:10:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:11:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:13:04 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My whole point has been that assuming one is an illegal immigrant simply based on his last name, area of residence, and a recent arrest is silly.  

Nobody made that assumption based on that criteria.

So, what criteria did you use to assume that he was illegal?

FULL name
Geographic location
Type of crime
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:23:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:32:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:30:59 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I can certainly be convinced to change my mind.  But not by tossing around racist, antifeminist, patriarchal, nondiverse, anti-people-of-color, antideconstructionist, representational, lookist, hetero-dominant stereotypical assumptions.  

Go curl your pubes, Nancy. And iron my shirt while you're up.

That's a great way to win an argument, start tossing names around.  Obviously you prefer to argue from an intellectual standpoint.  Any time you wish to discuss my masculinity, my cell phone number is listed at the bottom of all of my posts.  Give me a call, hero.  Just be advised, you might not like the result.  Eight years as a U.S. Army Infantryman and Artilleryman taught me well how to toss out vulgarities and base, personal insults.

The gauntlet was just thrown down. Escalation to phone calls.

OK, assuming the suspect was an illegal was a stereotypical assumption. I don't see how deconstructionism, the feminism movement, views on gays and patriarchal theory apply.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:50:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Should have received an ass whooping to boot.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:55:55 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

May random criminals expose you to their bodily fluid of choice.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:57:22 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I don't know how cops deal with some of these assholes without a biohazard suit.  

Lots and lots of hand sanitizer. Probably go through a bottle a shift.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:23:16 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

May random criminals expose you to their bodily fluid of choice.

I would agree, but he probably pays cash for that service now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:24:01 AM EDT
[#49]
How's a guy in cuffs able to lick his finger than stick it in an officer's ear?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top