Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 9:19:41 PM EDT
...I'm trying to figure out what's so "principled" about his principles.

Somebody throw me a bone.  Seriously.

Does he really believe that hill-billy getting into office will somehow "energize" people into changing things?  I didn't notice it during her lesser-half's bitch's reign.  Hell, he even got re-elected for another round of BOHICA.  "Free" healthcare (Don't worry about it!).  "Free" money-for-kids (It grows on trees - really).  "Free" <whatever it takes to get votes>.  People in the USA (apparently) love this stuff.

Let's get this straight: there's no such thing as the perfect candidate.  Never has been.  Never will be.  There will never be anyone running for elected office at any level who you will be in total agreement with.  There's also the strong possibility that the agenda you aim for could take longer than a single election cycle, & maybe - just maybe - you could accomplish more by taking the long view & concentrating on changing minds rather than trying to force via wishful agenda to push an idyllic - & therefore unelectable - candidate just because he/she goes to Sundayschool every Sunday.

I don't mean to step on toes, but folks - you will always get something by voting for the lesser of 2 evils.  Admittedly, it could get so bad that both sides of the coin are rotten, but I hardly think we're at that point.  The SCOTUS is in the balance right now.  We don't need another Ginsburgh clone vying for the bench (for many reasons).  Until the moment of rotten-to-the-core candidates comes, you gotta think pragmatically/tactically.

With the democratic process, things tend to move/change slowly.  I may not find Rudy Guillianni as close to my personal views as others in the running, but he's still head-&-shoulders closer to my way of thinking than hill-billy.  Guys like Dobsen are so hell-bent (pordon the pun ) on forcing the abortion issue through political redress that they fail to realize that w/o people's minds, the laws are null & void.  Same thing applies to gun ownership - only we do have an amendment to directly support our legal argument.

Still, the single best way to change minds is to break the ice.  Take people out shooting, etc.  I try to do it whenever I can.  People always come away w/a new attitude - & that's the ice-breaker.  Abortion is a harder issue, but attitudes are changing.  Jimmy-D & his sheeple throwing in for a 3rd-, 4th-, 5th-, 6th-...whatever-party candidate will pretty much Ross Perot hill-billy straight into office.  If it's "interesting times" Dobson is pursuing, then he's on the "right" path...I guess.

Rant friggin' over.  Suit-on.   Take your best shot.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Agreed.  Too many people want the federal government to regulate all sorts of things that would make Madison shoot himself.  Abortion should never ever have been a federal issue.  And Presidents should be concerned with executing acts of Congress and defending American soil.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
If he dislike abortion now, what does he think it will be like if Hiliary gets to pick 3 Supreme Court Justices?

I'm glad Parker is going to the Supreme Court Next year while it has a chance.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have strong feelings about abortion either way, but I really don't have any problem with anyone getting vocal about  not being willing to support a RINO like Ghouliani at this stage.

Those of you who're considering voting for him in the primary have to consider the fact that he won't be getting support from the religious right or the libertarian RLC in the general.

The way to beat Clinton is to nominate a real republican.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:25:15 PM EDT
[#4]
It's too bad we have a two party system. It would be great to have a bunch of smaller parties that could form coalitions and really shake things up

But instead we're stuck with the lesser of two evils - Dems or RINOS
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's too bad we have a two party system. It would be great to have a bunch of smaller parties that could form coalitions and really shake things up

The degree of difference is getting hard to distinguish.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

[Blues Brothers]

Oh we play both kinds of music... country AND western!

[/Blues Brothers]

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:35:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I am ready to support whichever republican candidate wins the primary over the Beast. I hope it's Thompson. But if it's Rudy, you can bet your sweet ass that I'll vote for him over Hillary.

Rudy may be a long way from ideal, but he's still a mile ahead of the alternative. The republican party can somewhat keep him under their control and I suspect he would have to move a bit farther toward the right at the national level.

Again, not ideal. But I'll take him over Hillary. Whoever goes in will likely also bring in a majority in Congress. I'd take "RINO Rudy" and a majority conservative congress over Hillary and a liberal congress. I also want republicans picking the next Supreme Court Justices as well. Once again, I'll take Rudy's picks over Hillary's, as he'll have presure put on him from the conservatives in the party to pick the right sort of person. Guess which side Hillary's pressure will come from? Yup.

I'm gonna do everything in my power to get Thompson nominated. But if it comes down to Hillary or Rudy? I think any of us would be fools not to vote for Rudy. At least he isn't a pussy on foreign policy and has stated that guns should be a local issue. That's better than anything I've heard from the beast on either subject.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Until the electoral party changes to a state by state proportional system, it will never change from a 2 party system.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump fo' mo' betta' fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top