Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/8/2007 8:34:48 PM EDT
A few weeks ago, my wife and I bought our first house. It’s a recently remodeled older home nice neighborhood on a main street in a small college town. The court square is only five blocks away, and many of our neighbors are lawyers who  also live in older houses that have been set up to serve as both an office and residence. As would be expected in a small Kentucky town, all the neighbors have been friendly and welcoming.

As we were moving our belongings over a week long period, I did notice a guy who seemed a little out of place in the area. He looked to be about 20 years old, scruffy, lanky and not very clean. As any good white boy gangsta wanna be, he had the required bandana, saggy pants, wallet chain, and gaudy fake gold necklace. The most striking thing about the guy were the two large Rott/Boxer mixes he always had with him. One male and one female, they weighed about 100 and 80 lbs. I should mention that I worked with all types of military, police, and personal protection dogs at my previous job. I’ve been on the end of the leash as well as in the bite suit with GSDs, Mals, Rotts, Dobies, Pitts, Cane Corsos, and everything in between.

One day, while I was at work my wife was unpacking some boxes at the new house (we were still staying at our old place) and she saw him in our back yard. When she told me of this, I instructed her that she was not to go outside if she ever saw the guy or his dogs in the yard again.

Two nights later, we were at the house doing some work and around 11:00 PM we decided to go home for the night. As I walked out the back door, I saw the guy pooping his  dogs in our yard about 50 yards from the back of the house. Now, it wasn’t like the guy had stopped to curb his dogs by the sidewalk. He had to have walked through my front yard, down my driveway, around my house, and all the way to the back of my fenced in back yard. Because of the dogs, I decided to get in the car before i spoke with the trespasser. We got in the car, me in the driver’s seat, my wife in the passenger side and backed out of the carport facing the guy. By this time, the guy was walking towards us on my side of the car. Now, one would think that most people would feel a little uncomfortable being caught in someone’s enclosed back yard at 11:00 at night, but this guy continued to walk forward with a stupid blank stare on his face.

For those interested in the technical details, I was carrying a GLOCK 20 loaded with 16 DoubleTap 165 grain Gold Dots, a spare mag, and a Surefire E2e. My wife was packing a Kahr PM9 loaded with Speer 124 grain +p Gold Dots. I also had a Surefire 9P with 220 lumen lamp in the console.

Now, my car was running with the hi-beams on, but the guy proceeded to walk by about 20 feet from my side of the car like he fucking owned the place. As he passed by, I rolled my tinted window down about half way and shined the 9P right in the center of his chest.

“Excuse me.” I said. He continued to walk. “Hey, excuse me.” I repeated louder.

He turned and shouted “WHAT?!?!” with a nasty look on his face.

“I would appreciate it if you and your dogs would stay out of my yard.” I stated.

“What?!?! What ?!?! I don’t think I heard you!!!” he screamed and started to walk toward me with the dogs.

At this point I snapped the 10mm from it’s holster and and held it behind the dark tinted  window that obstructed his view of me and my weapon.

“Stay back!” I commanded

He continued to walk slowly towrd me and started popping his dogs with the leashes to agitate them. They responded by jumping toward my car, barking and snarling aggressively.

“What did you say to me?!?! I don’t think heard you!” he screamed as he continued to agitate the dogs and walk toward my car.

I then thrust the muzzle of the big GLOCK out the window and pointed it right at the larger dog’s head.

“GET THE FUCK BACK BEFORE I KILL THOSE FUCKING DOGS!!!” I shouted.

He froze for a second and I shined the 220 lumen hot spot of the 9P directly into his eyes. His eyes slammed shut and he started backing up quickly.

“STAY THE FUCK OUT OF MY YARD!” I commanded.

At this point he took off down the driveway dragging his still barking dogs as fast as he could.

When he was out of site, I sent my wife back into the house to call the police. I knew the officer who responded. I told him what happened, and gave him a description of the guy. He told me that if he found him, I could possibly have the guy charged with criminal mischief or trespassing. He also told me that he probably would have shot the dogs. I haven’t seen the guy or the dogs since.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Weren't you also supposedly being cased a while back?

Could they be related incidents?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That dirtbag was either ballsy or stupid.....or both.

I hate gangbanger scum.

Stay vigilant and watch your back.

My guess is that he thought I would be intimidated by his dogs. Of course, I've taken bites on a sleeve from much bigger dogs that were bred and trained to bite people.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I would have liked to see his face when he realized he wasnt all he tought he was when you pointed your glock in his general direction.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I hate gangbanger scum.

+1
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I knew the officer who responded...He also told me that he probably would have shot the dogs.

Well, DUH!

Come on, who's surprised at that?

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Weren't you also supposedly being cased a while back?

Could they be related incidents?

No, the scumbags casing my car a couple years ago was unrelated. The state police busted a car theft ring from a nearby town in TN, and I believe two of the guys who were arrested were the guys who were checking out my car that night.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#7]
10mm would have messed his world up.

Good shoot, i mean Draw down story
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder how messy a 10mm to the head of a dog would be... Any officers here want to chime in?

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Low post count . . . no wait.  High Post count!?!  Draw down!?!  This is a GD first!!!

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I knew the officer who responded...He also told me that he probably would have shot the dogs.

Well, DUH!

I can't help it!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn triburst, I remember your car thread a while ago....you need to move.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn, good story.  Well, I'm sure you weren't thrilled to be in that situation, but it was a very entertaining read!  Next time, just "bus a cap in dat ass"
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#13]
[collateral] "Yo Homie! Is that my briefcase? [/collateral]

It is interesting how Mr. ToughPunk aint so tough when a man of a higher caliber confronts him. Good job.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I bet that turd won't be back again.  Outstanding.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
[collateral] "Yo Homie! Is that my briefcase? [/collateral]

It is interesting how Mr. ToughPunk aint so tough when a man of a higher caliber confronts him. Good job.

heh... true on so many levels
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
A few weeks ago, my wife and I bought our first house. It’s a recently remodeled older home nice neighborhood on a main street in a small college town. The court square is only five blocks away, and many of our neighbors are lawyers who  also live in older houses that have been set up to serve as both an office and residence. As would be expected in a small Kentucky town, all the neighbors have been friendly and welcoming.

As we were moving our belongings over a week long period, I did notice a guy who seemed a little out of place in the area. He looked to be about 20 years old, scruffy, lanky and not very clean. As any good white boy gangsta wanna be, he had the required bandana, saggy pants, wallet chain, and gaudy fake gold necklace. The most striking thing about the guy were the two large Rott/Boxer mixes he always had with him. One male and one female, they weighed about 100 and 80 lbs. I should mention that I worked with all types of military, police, and personal protection dogs at my previous job. I’ve been on the end of the leash as well as in the bite suit with GSDs, Mals, Rotts, Dobies, Pitts, Cane Corsos, and everything in between.

One day, while I was at work my wife was unpacking some boxes at the new house (we were still staying at our old place) and she saw him in our back yard. When she told me of this, I instructed her that she was not to go outside if she ever saw the guy or his dogs in the yard again.

Two nights later, we were at the house doing some work and around 11:00 PM we decided to go home for the night. As I walked out the back door, I saw the guy pooping his  dogs in our yard about 50 yards from the back of the house. Now, it wasn’t like the guy had stopped to curb his dogs by the sidewalk. He had to have walked through my front yard, down my driveway, around my house, and all the way to the back of my fenced in back yard. Because of the dogs, I decided to get in the car before i spoke with the trespasser. We got in the car, me in the driver’s seat, my wife in the passenger side and backed out of the carport facing the guy. By this time, the guy was walking towards us on my side of the car. Now, one would think that most people would feel a little uncomfortable being caught in someone’s enclosed back yard at 11:00 at night, but this guy continued to walk forward with a stupid blank stare on his face.

For those interested in the technical details, I was carrying a GLOCK 20 loaded with 16 DoubleTap 165 grain Gold Dots, a spare mag, and a Surefire E2e. My wife was packing a Kahr PM9 loaded with Speer 124 grain +p Gold Dots. I also had a Surefire 9P with 220 lumen lamp in the console.

Now, my car was running with the hi-beams on, but the guy proceeded to walk by about 20 feet from my side of the car like he fucking owned the place. As he passed by, I rolled my tinted window down about half way and shined the 9P right in the center of his chest.

“Excuse me.” I said. He continued to walk. “Hey, excuse me.” I repeated louder.

He turned and shouted “WHAT?!?!” with a nasty look on his face.

“I would appreciate it if you and your dogs would stay out of my yard.” I stated.

“What?!?! What ?!?! I don’t think I heard you!!!” he screamed and started to walk toward me with the dogs.

At this point I snapped the 10mm from it’s holster and and held it behind the dark tinted  window that obstructed his view of me and my weapon.

“Stay back!” I commanded

He continued to walk slowly towrd me and started popping his dogs with the leashes to agitate them. They responded by jumping toward my car, barking and snarling aggressively.

“What did you say to me?!?! I don’t think heard you!” he screamed as he continued to agitate the dogs and walk toward my car.

I then thrust the muzzle of the big GLOCK out the window and pointed it right at the larger dog’s head.

“GET THE FUCK BACK BEFORE I KILL THOSE FUCKING DOGS!!!” I shouted.

He froze for a second and I shined the 220 lumen hot spot of the 9P directly into his eyes. His eyes slammed shut and he started backing up quickly.

“STAY THE FUCK OUT OF MY YARD!” I commanded.

At this point he took off down the driveway dragging his still barking dogs as fast as he could.

When he was out of site, I sent my wife back into the house to call the police. I knew the officer who responded. I told him what happened, and gave him a description of the guy. He told me that if he found him, I could possibly have the guy charged with criminal mischief or trespassing. He also told me that he probably would have shot the dogs. I haven’t seen the guy or the dogs since.

I would have shot him and the dogs.  He'll be back with his own gun next time.

For the record. I would have shot him first.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:41:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Why do these things always happen to newbs with low post counts!  

Good for you for standing your ground, but "teh tactical ninja" side of me doesn't like the part where you got into the car with the wife for the confrontation.

Stay on your toes too, I'm sure this is but chapter one.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Good for you for standing your ground, but "teh tactical ninja" side of me doesn't like the part where you got into the car with the wife for the confrontation.

Now he has to worry if chapter 2 occurs when the wife is home alone.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Good job!

Well done on your part, start to finish.

John
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#20]
You handled it well.  Stay alert now and watch your back!

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I think the situation was handled about as well as it could have been.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Glad you are ok, hope nothing more comes of it!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:59:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Best draw down story I have read since I have been on here, even though you did not kill any dogs.

ETA: Page 2 is my beotch
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Very good.   I'm betting that the house was vacant for some time and he had been using the yard as his private dump area.  It sounds like he was too stupid to realize that someone could be moving in.  

I do believe he got the message.  HA   Blinding light in the eyes will get someones attention.  HA  I can hear the one wheel in his brain turning.   "What have I gotten myself into?"      "Feet, don't fail me now!".  

Hope you press charges.  Good chance he'll also be nailed on drugs, etc., when the law shows up at his house.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:59:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Very good.   I'm betting that the house was vacant for some time and he had been using the yard as his private dump area.  It sounds like he was too stupid to realize that someone could be moving in.  

Yeah, that was my thought as well. Like I said, when we were moving in I saw him walk by several times and since we moved in I haven't seen him even once. I'm thinking he either got locked up on something else, or decided to stay far away.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:07:52 AM EDT
[#26]
In this situation, being at my home, I would not have unmask the pistol until the dogs were jumping on the car.  At that point you have an actual physical threat that can be met with force.  These gangsta' types don't like being shown up or embarrassed and take it personally and will want retribution.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:28:57 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
In this situation, being at my home, I would not have unmask the pistol until the dogs were jumping on the car.  At that point you have an actual physical threat that can be met with force.  These gangsta' types don't like being shown up or embarrassed and take it personally and will want retribution.
Maybe.

However, since nobody was around to see it, he may decide that it isn't worth getting ventilated over. Of course, this assumes that he is the kind of guy who has the balls to come back and confront someone he ran from previously.

Keep an eye out for him anyway.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:44:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

When I made the weapon visable, the dogs were growling, barking, and their heads were within 18 inches from my window. The next morning I noticed that there were paw marks on the drivers door, so the dogs were certainly close enough to be a threat.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:55:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Sounds like it was handled in a good manner.

Hopefully it will end here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:01:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Why do people move in to these shit areas.

Honest to God there has to be a better place to live.

I couldn't think of someone ever doing that in my area.

Closest I ever came to a draw down was when I heard someone in the back yard. I grabbed my AR with a light and went out. It was someone that seen the apt being rented and they wanted to see it so they were walking around the house flashing a flash light in the empty building windows. I came out with the light and AR, noticed it was a woman with a kid and asked what was up. She said she just wanted to see the place.

They moved in because she had just left her husband and she liked the security
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:04:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Well done Triburst.   Stay vigilant!  

CMOS
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:05:16 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate gangbanger scum.

My guess is that he thought I would be intimidated by his dogs. Of course, I've taken bites on a sleeve from much bigger dogs that were bred and trained to bite people.

You mean as opposed to all the ghetto dogs that are "trained to beez mean" by feeding 'em gunpowder and hot sauce?

Good job.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:21:25 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I couldn't think of someone ever doing that in my area.

Yeah, because crime doesn't happen in good neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:29:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Why do these things always happen to the members with a high post count?

Good story, I can clearly picture that douche bag and the look on his face when he realized his dogs weren't as cool as he thought they were.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:31:42 AM EDT
[#35]
As he may return, I do hope your wife knows how to handle a gun.
Ask the folks living next to you and across the street if they ever had any trouble and ask them to keep an eye open.
You did the right thing, be safe.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:38:33 AM EDT
[#36]
When we moved in our neighborhood a person in the next neighborhood let his wild dogs run free and one attacked my dog and tried to get my 3 year old daughter in our garage. Officer told me the same thing...shoot it. Done.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:40:42 AM EDT
[#37]

A classic example of a jackass who thinks he owns the neighborhood.  I commend you for your action.  I guess his intelligence level rose when he saw you pointing your gun at his dog and vacated the scene at a fast pace.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:49:16 AM EDT
[#38]
The guy must live nearby, if he is walking his dogs in your yard.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:29:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Nevermind, wrong thread.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:06:43 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
The guy must live nearby, if he is walking his dogs in your yard.

+1.  Tell all the neighbors what happened and ask them to keep an eye open also.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:23:21 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now he has to worry if chapter 2 occurs when the wife is home alone.

No problem, his wife carries herself.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:32:47 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, DUH!

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Tag...excellent thread
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:54:21 AM EDT
[#44]
You did good, but the official bullet for 10mm against PWT and Rotties is the 180 Gold Dot.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#45]
All I could think of was "Can you hear me now Mutha' Facka!"
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

What the fuck makes you think I live in a shit area???? The median income of my town in more than twice that of the regional average. I live in a recently remodeled historic home that is a few blocks from the court square and a few blocks from a college campus. My neighbors are mostly lawyers, and college professors, with a few doctors mixed in. The President of the university lives a block from here. The average home price on my street is 3 times the average for this county.

The moral of the story is that this type of thing can happen ANYWHERE. Even the dumbest scumbag can wonder into the nice part of town. Do you think criminals wonder around the ghettos looking for nice cars to steal and nice houses to rob?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the fuck makes you think I live in a shit area???? The median income of my town in more than twice that of the regional average. I live in a recently remodeled historic home that is a few blocks from the court square and a few blocks from a college campus. My neighbors are mostly lawyers, and college professors, with a few doctors mixed in. The President of the university lives a block from here. The average home price on my street is 3 times the average for this county.

The moral of the story is that this type of thing can happen ANYWHERE. Even the dumbest scumbag can wonder into the nice part of town. Do you think criminals wonder around the ghettos looking for nice cars to steal and nice houses to rob?

My little shithole.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/glocker199/image.jpg

Which town do you live in?  It sounds like you are describing my town, Georgetown but there are probably a couple other towns that match the description as well.  I don't recognize the house from the picture.  I live on a main street in a historic house 3 blocks from the courthouse and 2 blocks from a college campus.

As seen in my avatar I've had the occassional scumbag on my property as well.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Perhaps the best draw down (r) story to-date.

edit: perhaps the best ownage of page 3 on the best draw down (r) story to-date;
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Perhaps the best draw down (r) story to-date.

Maybe the best story but did he catch the whole thing?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Well done. As others have said you and the wife better be vigilant. Hopefully the bastard got the message.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top