Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 7:21:28 PM EDT
Got up extra early Saturday to get my legally blind friend's hunt underway. It was quite warm for early October in WI. The rain was very light till we got set up in the tent blind. Then all hell broke loose, rain, wind, lightning and thunder. We rode it out in hopes that some deer would be moving when the storm passed. No such luck, lots of limb rats on the move. We went in to meet up with all our other wheeled friends at the townhall and had a meal 2nd to none. Then after hearing all the stories, no one saw anything, we headed back out. It was really too hot to be out there but we went anyway. It got up to 85 degrees and we saw more limb rats. Day 1, strike out. On the way back to his home we dang near had grilled venison as 8 deer crossed directly in front of me. Had to do what we call a "venison panic stop" to let them critters get across. Oh well, 8 days to go. Pics of dead stuff coming soon I hope, cold front coming Tuesday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top