Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 2:57:08 PM EDT
I am a little out of the typical dating loop, but was wondering what is the manadatory waiting period between communications if you are courting someone.

I met a gal who is 24 (I am 32) this weekend at a formal function, we went out afterwards and I dropped her off late.  I am interested, and do not want to blow it.

I called yesterday night and left a message just saying I had a good time.  I had promised pics of my dog so I sent those this AM, and we have exchanged a couple of emails today.  I do not want to appear desperate or to clingy early on - so what is the protocol.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Mike: So how long do I wait to call?
Trent: A day.
Mike: Tomorrow.
Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.
Trent: Yeah.
Mike: So two days?
Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.
Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.
Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?
Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.
Trent: But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...
Mike: Yeah, but you know what, mabey I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.
Charles: Then ask her where you met her.
Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we fucked. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?
Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.
Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?
Trent, Sue: Six days.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]
That was made up for the movie swingers and somehow became the rule.  I think it sucks.  Personally, I like to call her the same night I get her phone number.  Usually only moments after.  

In your case, I would stop with emails tomorrow and call her tomorrow evening.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Mike: So how long do I wait to call?
Trent: A day.
Mike: Tomorrow.
Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.
Trent: Yeah.
Mike: So two days?
Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.
Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.
Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?
Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.
Trent: But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...
Mike: Yeah, but you know what, mabey I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.
Charles: Then ask her where you met her.
Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we fucked. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?
Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.
Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?
Trent, Sue: Six days.

Where'd you get that quote funnyman?!?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Where'd you get that quote funnyman?!?
Joke shop. They sell K-State playbooks, too.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That was made up for the movie swingers and somehow became the rule.  I think it sucks.  Personally, I like to call her the same night I get her phone number.  Usually only moments after.  

In your case, I would stop with emails tomorrow and call her tomorrow evening.

That is the plan, I will go this route.  Dating should not be this hard!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top