Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 1:31:50 PM EDT
Holy shit have you guys priced deli trays for 15-20 people lately?

A few years ago I worked at a MacAlister's Deli around Cincinnatti and large 15-20 person trays were about 30 or 35 bucks.

Guess how much they are now?  62 fucking dollars.  What a rip!

I was going to order two large club trays; lady says it will be 2 7 2 14.  Uh you mean two hundred dollars and fourteen cents for forty people.....

So I ended up ordering a single plain assorted deli tray for 62 and ordering 3 club sandwiches and having them arranged on the tray as well.

I'm having a meeting for 20-40 people, but god damn....I hope 92 "quarters" of sandwiches are enough.  I do have some chips and cookies already put back.

In the wrong fucking business.  10 bucks of supplies to make sandwiches for 20 people and you bank 50 bucks.  Fuck!

title edited...tbs
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
You could always outsource it to China... General Tso's chicken can't cost that much.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#2]
In other news today, bread is no longer .79 a loaf.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
How does 2 large trays at $62 each work out to $272.14?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]
There are few bargains to be found when it comes to feeding more than about 10 people. The worst part is that you will have the typical lunch-meeting bullshit: one goat will take 4x more than he should, and there won't be enough to go around. Plus, there will be those who are allergic to everything, those who are on a low-(whatever)-diet, those who have religious objections to lettuce being in the same room as meat, and God knows what other dysfunctions. I feel for ya, Man. Hope you get through it without a stroke!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Come on, 62 bucks for 40 pieces of toasted bread, a piece of lettuce, a slice of tomato, a swip of mayo, a slice of chese and 3-4 slices of ham, turkey or roast beef......

If I could make it to Wallmart and back in time I'd get their 18 dollar trays for the same amount of food.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How does 2 large trays at $62 each work out to $272.14?

There are two tray types.
Club Tray 15-20 person tray = 114 bucks
Assorted Deli Tray 15-20 person tray = 62 bucks

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There are few bargains to be found when it comes to feeding more than about 10 people. The worst part is that you will have the typical lunch-meeting bullshit: one goat will take 4x more than he should, and there won't be enough to go around. Plus, there will be those who are allergic to everything, those who are on a low-(whatever)-diet, those who have religious objections to lettuce being in the same room as meat, and God knows what other dysfunctions. I feel for ya, Man. Hope you get through it without a stroke!

And I only requested a 100 bucks.

I'm going to be fired as S4

Fuck it next meeting its fucking pizza, because as nasty and low class as it is, it is fucking CHEAP.  Edit:  OOooo buy 40 hot pockets and steal the microwave from the louges on each floor.....brilliant!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
And I only requested a 100 bucks.

I'm going to be fired as S4

Fuck it next meeting its fucking pizza, because as nasty and low class as it is, it is fucking CHEAP.  Edit:  OOooo buy 40 hot pockets and steal the microwave from the louges on each floor.....brilliant!
No. Next meeting is at 1000 or 1400. Let 'em eat on their own time and dime.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

but is it still bulletproof for hollowpoints?

Only Rye as in Catcher in the Rye
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Holy shit have you guys priced deli trays for 15-20 people lately?

A few years ago I worked at a MacAlister's Deli around Cincinnatti and large 15-20 person trays were about 30 or 35 bucks.

Guess how much they are now?  62 fucking dollars.  What a rip!

I was going to order two large club trays; lady says it will be 2 7 2 14.  Uh you mean two hundred dollars and fourteen cents for forty people.....

So I ended up ordering a single plain assorted deli tray for 62 and ordering 3 club sandwiches and having them arranged on the tray as well.

I'm having a meeting for 20-40 people, but god damn....I hope 92 "quarters" of sandwiches are enough.  I do have some chips and cookies already put back.

In the wrong fucking business.  10 bucks of supplies to make sandwiches for 20 people and you bank 50 bucks.  Fuck!

title edited...tbs

MacAlister's Deli!?!?!?!

The BREAD ANUS!!!!

inside office joke... software developer humor.... cut a hole in our heads and a 9 year old will hop out...

bread anus --> a hole in the wall where bread pops out...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

MacAlister's Deli!?!?!?!

The BREAD ANUS!!!!

inside office joke... software developer humor.... cut a hole in our heads and a 9 year old will hop out...

bread anus --> a hole in the wall where bread pops out...

The rest of our little staff of our organization wanted MacAlisters...fine bitches pay up!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Price out the food and make it yourself. It isn't as big a rip off as you think it is. Also shop around, try places like Sam's Club, Price Club, etc. Sometimes saving money means doing more leg work yourself.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Why didn't you just pick up some spam and some soda crackers.  That should be in your budget.  Pilfer a couple of plastic knives to slice it with, and you have an instant snack tray.  

The really nice thing is no one will ask you to do it again.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Way overpriced shit... but the only place where you can buy a muffelata worth a crap north of the mason dixon line.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#16]
How about this.

Go to store and buy bread for sub sandwiches.

While at the store buy some chicken, tomatoes, lettuce and some mayo.

Put it all on a table and let them fix their own sandwiches
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
How about this.

Go to store and buy bread for sub sandwiches.

While at the store buy some chicken, tomatoes, lettuce and some mayo.

Put it all on a table and let them fix their own sandwiches

I'll bring a hacet so they can cut the heads off their own chickens.

I'm starting to like the 40 hot pockets and stealing the microwaves on every floor to put in our meeting room idea.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought you just read the thread about the Compassion Clubs.  

You do realize that $60 is only about 150 rounds, right?   If you were distributing bullets instead of sandwiches, your $60 wouldn't even buy you 4 rounds a piece.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top