Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 12:23:24 PM EDT
Like how do the Pay Grades work in the Guard compared to being active duty in the real Airforce and the basics of basic training.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#1]
My Dad is retired ANG, he got up to E-9 before retiring. He also won Airman of the Year, nationwide. Pretty top stuff I'll never live up to.    

Anyways, basic should be the same for both AF & ANG, as well as service MOS schools. It's only when one actually gets to an ANG unit that there's any real distinction, IMO. As with most things military, everything good & bad depends on one's unit & commanding officers. Some are great, some suck & most are somewhere in between.

With the demands of the Iraqi War being placed on the ANG, I would imagine that promotions would be a bit easier than a peace time ANG. Obviously since *I* am not ANG, this is purely speculation on my part, albeit thirdhand.

My .o2    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top