Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 10:11:16 AM EDT
So I am sitting here playing Urban Dead and surfing Arfcom, and I hear this increadable racket coming from outside my kitchen window. It seems two birds may have a problem with the wife's cat sitting in the kitchen window.
One even attacked the window screen causeing the feline to make a tactical withdrawl to a more defensible position. Anyway, these damn birds have been squawking away for the last 30-min or so.

Come to think of it, they were doing the same thing when the cat was in the bedroom window yesterday!

Here is the obligatory pic...

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd be more concerned about the filthy cat in my kitchen sink, and on my counters.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I love birds, hate cats.

HOORAY BIRDS.

DIE, feline scum!

Ya gotta love something that will dive bomb an enemy a hundred times its body weight.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd be more concerned about the filthy cat in my kitchen sink, and on my counters.

I understand how you feel!  I just can't understand how people will let animals jump up and walk all around on the kitchen counters, the very counters that they prepare their own (human) food on.  I'll never eat at someone's house who has cats inside their house or eat any food that comes from such a house.  My live in GF recently told me that she almost bought two little kittens and I was like so thankful that she didn't.  It's bad enough having a f'n little dog that sheds hair all over the place inside our house.  At least the damn thing can't jump up on our counters or our bed!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:22:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Pellet gun...noisy birds no longer a problem...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:23:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Base housing = no can do.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I know a guy who had a woodpecker land on the rear windshield wiper of his SUV.  It saw itself in the glass and got pissed off and started pecking at the reflection.  The glass shattered into a million little pieces and the bird flew away.  He watched it happen from his front window.

-K
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Its a natural reaction to predators. Squirls do it, monkeys do it... Just about the only animal that will watch another of its kind stumble into danger is us.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just can't understand how people will let animals jump up and walk all around on the kitchen counters, the very counters that they prepare their own (human) food on.  I'll never eat at someone's house who has cats inside their house or eat any food that comes from such a house.  My live in GF recently told me that she almost bought two little kittens and I was like so thankful that she didn't.  It's bad enough having a f'n little dog that sheds hair all over the place inside our house.  At least the damn thing can't jump up on our counters or our bed!

As I will never take my shoes off in a house with a dog (where a dog scoots its butt across the carpet). How clean is that?

Food is prepared on cutting boards and plates, where it does not make contact the counters, ever. The counters stay clean.

Why would anyone prepare food on the counter itself?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Its a natural reaction to predators. Squirls do it, monkeys do it... Just about the only animal that will watch another of its kind stumble into danger is us.

Uh, no.  Most herding animals (elk, bison, zebra, etc) will gladly leave a sick member in the dust if it means getting away from a predator.  The attitude of "Better him than me" is quite common among plant-eaters in the animal world.

Otherwise, you'd see the entire herd trampling lions or wolves as soon as they got close(which does sometimes happen).
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just about the only animal that will watch another of its kind stumble into danger is us.

Ain't that the freakin' truth.

Anytime a cat comes around, *all* the birds -- even birds that compete for food and nesting sites -- will join together to drive away a common foe.

Meanwhile, si yo quiero Ingles, tengo que oprima el dos.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:36:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
As I will never take my shoes off in a house where a dog scoots its butt across the carpet. How clean is that?

Food is prepared on cutting boards and plates, where it does not make contact the counters, ever. The counters stay clean.

Are you serious?  The cat steps in shitty, pissy litter, then proceeds to climb all over your food preparation areas, and you're cool with that?  Carpet is dirty stuff, no doubt about it, but unless you're really fucked up, you don't put your shoes in your mouth.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:37:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, no.  Most herding animals (elk, bison, zebra, etc) will gladly leave a sick member in the dust if it means getting away from a predator.  The attitude of "Better him than me" is quite common among plant-eaters in the animal world.

Otherwise, you'd see the entire herd trampling lions or wolves as soon as they got close(which does sometimes happen).

You should see the video of the I believe water buffalo come back for and retrieve a calf that had been singled out from their heard and caught by lions. It's pretty much exactly the opposite of what you just described.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So I am sitting here playing Urban Dead and surfing Arfcom,

Only one strange bird Im seeing...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As I will never take my shoes off in a house where a dog scoots its butt across the carpet. How clean is that?

Are you serious?  The cat steps in shitty, pissy litter, then proceeds to climb all over your food preparation areas, and you're cool with that?  Carpet is dirty stuff, no doubt about it, but unless you're really fucked up, you don't put your shoes in your mouth.

The litterbox is cleaned twice a day. Once when I get up, and once before the wife goes to bed. There is hardly any "mess" that you speak of.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Cats I've owned never got on the counters more than once. I put pepper on the counter before going to work when they got big enough to jump up. They didn't like it and never went back up. Most of them were work cats keeping mice and voles out of the yard.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes you can.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes you can.

NO! Unless you want an Article 15!!  Not worth risking one's career.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/ICE2424/DSC03805e3.jpg

The litterbox is cleaned twice a day. Once when I get up, and once before the wife goes to bed. There is hardly any "mess" that you speak of.

Don't sweat it. You cannot post a picture on AR15.com without some old fucking bitties nitpicking every little thing in the photo and going off on a tangent/lecturing/etc.

"OMFG IS THAT IS THAT SPOT ON YOUR CARPET?! D00d you n33d t0 vacuum/steamclean!"
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't sweat it. You cannot post a picture on AR15.com without some old fucking bitties nitpicking every little thing in the photo and going off on a tangent/lecturing/etc.

"OMFG IS THAT IS THAT SPOT ON YOUR CARPET?! D00d you n33d t0 vacuum/steamclean!"

Apparently eating fecal matter is cool with some folks.  Enjoy!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes you can.

I did it many times.  Just be very careful when you do.  That means take off the window screen, shoot from inside the house and never shoot more than one shot per day.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently eating fecal matter is cool with some folks.  Enjoy!

Has your dog ever licked you?

Have you ever petted your dog after it rolled all over stinky shit in the back yard?

Have you ever played with slobbery dog toys?

You ever walk bare-footed on your carpet?

You must be living with your feet in kleenex boxes, your face under a mask, and your hands covered with latex gloves...

Deal with it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Jerimiah Weed?

Fighter guys.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Jerimiah Weed?

Fighter guys.  

Lysol, alcohol and a touch of gasoline!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Now at the back window...

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Ain't that the truth. Mommy-manism be rife in GD...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#27]
OK no pellet gun.  Get a blow dart gun.  Silent and deadly.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So I am sitting here playing Urban Dead and surfing Arfcom,

Only one strange bird Im seeing...

Zombies and Arfcom. What could be a more perfect combo?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Jerimiah Weed?

Fighter guys.  

I noticed the same thing!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:51:13 PM EDT
[#30]
And here I thought this was going to be about the people living in base housing being strange birds...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#31]

seriously............looks like Jackdows

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Cats are natures speed bumps.............sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top