Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 6:26:55 AM EDT
I read about this in a magazine once?  An upper that had a piston instead of a gas tube?  Anyone know who made it, or has anyone tried it?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:48:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Patriot Ordnance Factories. Colt is supposed to be making one and so is HK, but you can't buy 'em. POF is your only choice.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:59:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Try Patriot Ordnance Factories. Colt is supposed to be making one and so is HK, but you can't buy 'em. POF is your only choice.

Or

LWRC

Or

ARES

Primary weapons systems is also supposed to be making one.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:00:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Or Bushmaster, which uses a POF design.

Ironically, the POF equivelent to the BM is cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:03:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Lots of original HK 416 uppers on the market right now, 10' and 14.5' units. All running in the $3500~$4500 price range.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:08:06 AM EDT
[#5]
http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=122&t=526151

One of the Special Edition Black rifle buy
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I was going to make a smartass comment about piston uppers, but I thought the better of it. Plus, saying I was going to be a smartass is almost as good.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:28:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was going to make a smartass comment about piston uppers, but I thought the better of it. Plus, saying I was going to be a smartass is almost as good.

You smartass SUBNET!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:17:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=122&t=526151

One of the Special Edition Black rifle buy

The SEBR is not technically a gas piston upper.  It's DI, just the carrier key extends outside the upper.

Ok.  I stand corrrected.  Still, it's a pretty neat way to get  a folding stock in an AR!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top