Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 6:29:32 PM EDT
I'm looking for a decent dive computer,  I was looking at Suunto but a couple dive shop guys have recommended the Aeris series computers.

Any experiences with those? Or recommendations for other brands?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:07:54 AM EDT
[#1]
One of the air-integrated Uwatec's, hands-down. Big display, gives you everything you need to know without any button pushing, accurate bottom time remaining indicator. They could have done a better job on the ascent rate indicator but it still works great. Now they have a wireless one that let's you see your similarly equipped buddy's tank pressure.

Downsides: they are a little too big, the software is a little clunky, you can't make it stop beeping if it's annoyed about something and expensive as hell.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:34:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I use an Aeris console mountable computer and have had zero problems with it. It is air and nitrox compatible, so you don't have to have separate computers for each gas and it wasn't expensive as other models with similar features.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:27:07 AM EDT
[#3]
which model of Aereis are you using?

I've been looking at the Uwatec but those babies are STEEP expensive.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
which model of Aereis are you using?

I've been looking at the Uwatec but those babies are STEEP expensive.  

I use the ATMOS I model. I got a whole new set-up from Scuba Toys out in Carrollton, TX 2 years ago.

The ATMOS I computer may be "outdated" by now, but it's still a damn good unit.

I just checked Scuba Toys' website and they have the AERIS II on sale. Type "AERIS" in the search field of the site to find it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#5]
What would you trade for a like new Uwatec Aladin Pro Nitrox?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I have run a Suunto Cobra for years and had very good results with it !
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What would you trade for a like new Uwatec Aladin Pro Nitrox?

I've got 4 kids,  a bunch of guns and a 79 jeep CJ5,  take your pick.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Suunto Gekko here and have been very happy with it.  Large display and easy to read.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#9]
extension cord for the mouse.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't get the chance to use it much, but I like it a lot and would say it's worth the cost:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top