Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 5:04:19 PM EDT
anybody have a luminox watch? are they any good? do they hold up to a beating for a work watch? are they bright at night or are they over rated?

looking to get one of these.....
watch

looking to replace my old swiss army watch. it just died it was my work watch since 1996. any imput on these watches would be great. -chris
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#1]
what breaks the light tubes? or is it like anything else they got a few lemons?

can you guys post a pic of it in the dark? i thought maybe their night pic was dressed up or xtra bright....  

i think you should be able to get different bands.... i thought for $19.99 cabeleas had spare bands... -chris
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:35:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the all Stainless version Here

Great watch, over 7 years and still going strong. Glows just as bright as the first day I got it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:44:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had mine for 5 years in khaki - its great.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:54:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
anybody have a luminox watch? are they any good? do they hold up to a beating for a work watch? are they bright at night or are they over rated?

Got a luminox watch right before I joined the Army.

I took it with me through Basic and it survived.  Scratched up a bit, but fine.  Also made it through AIT.

Telling time at night came in handy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:56:52 AM EDT
[#5]
www.jomashop.com/luminox.html

This place has good prices.  I got mine here 2 years ago.  I love it.  I use it like a flashlight in the pitch dark.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:59:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Had mine for 6 years. Great watch. Beat it up unmercifully. Keeps great time.

It was TOO bright when I first got it. Now the Tritium has dies a little it's perfect. Not looking forward to when the Tritium dies completely (half life is approx. 12 years).
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:01:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had my Luminox stainless steel SEAL watch since I purchased it online in 2003 while deployed in Guantanomo Bay. Its been beat around a good deal and totally waterproof. Still works great - I think I replaced the battery once but that's it. If you're worried about losing your watch, get a Waterborne dive band www.divesports.com/mall/waterborne_watchbands.asp
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:03:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Have had mine for 6 years worth of baging it around on the farm, and hard use here at work.

Replaced one battery.

Last month I managed to crack the crystal, called and it's 90 bucks to repair.
Been wearing it daily to see how long it holds out.

I might just get a new $130.00 Traser instead of repairing this one when it does croak.

I normally only get 3-4 years out of a watch on account of the farm work/mud/sand/diesel.

Stay safe!
S-28

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:29:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have the all Stainless version Here

Great watch, over 7 years and still going strong. Glows just as bright as the first day I got it.

That's the one I have.  Model 1590 from the Marine series.  I have had mine for about three years.  No problems.  Very bright dials.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top