User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2007 4:21:24 PM EDT
It's from June but.........

ROBBERY

thedrifter06-26-07, 08:29 PM
Marine arrested in liquor store robbery
By Gidget Fuentes - Staff writer
Posted : Tuesday Jun 26, 2007 18:23:40 EDT

OCEANSIDE, Calif. — Local police arrested a Marine who allegedly tried to rob a liquor store with a handgun over the weekend, a police spokesman said.

Police arrested Lance Cpl. McKenzie Smith, 20, in connection with the holdup, Sgt. Leonard Mata, an Oceanside Police Department spokesman, said Tuesday.

During the June 23 robbery, a masked man with a handgun tried to rob Big Liquor, located in a small strip mall in a residential neighborhood near Camp Pendleton’s southern gate. According to store video footage aired on local television stations, one of the store clerks lunged and grabbed at the gunman’s weapon. Another clerk grabbed another gun and fired at the gunman, who ran from the store.

Smith was found collapsed and injured nearby, police said. Mata, citing patient confidentiality laws, would not say which hospital Smith is being treated at or what wounds he sustained.

“He will probably be arraigned in the hospital,” Mata said. “He’s under arrest.”

Oceanside has seen a spate of more than a half-dozen armed robberies in the past month, including a June 9 holdup of the same Big Liquor store. Other businesses hit by robbers include a gas station and a 7-Eleven store.

Police were still investigating those cases. As of midday Tuesday, Smith “has not been charged with those,” Mata said.

Ellie
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]
He will be starting a new term of enlistment now, probably more than 8 years.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep... Sad. You can take the man off the street, but you can not take the street outa da man.

I was shot at on an Oceanside bus stop waiting for the buss back to margarita. Car full of three marines. I got a good look at the car too. They got caught at the main gate because I identified the car so well. Lets be a little more clear here.... I was sitting between the car they fired out of and the drug dealer in the diner behind me. It ends up these Ftards were dealing, and trying to get the competition. Anyway I identified the shooter, and he poped for GSR after that.... They were handed over to the Marines and the shooter did fed time in FFMITA prison. Nice aint it......
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yep... Sad. You can take the man off the street, but you can not take the street outa da man.

I was shot at on an Oceanside bus stop waiting for the buss back to margarita. Car full of three marines. I got a good look at the car too. They got caught at the main gate because I edentified the car so well. Lets be a little more clear here.... I was sitting between the car they fired out of nad the drug dealer in the diner behind me. It ends up these Ftards were dealing, and trying to get the competition. Anyway I identified the shooter, and he poped for GSR after that.... They were handed over to the Marines and the shooter did fed time in FFMITA prison. Nice aint it......

Real nice.  Glad 'ya didn't get hit.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#4]
My mother lives near oceanside, she was on jury duty while some marine from pendleton was being tried for murder. She was'nt a juror on that trial though. I served in the USMC and cannot to this day understand why the 2% of marines do the stupid shit they do. Makes the 98% who serve with honor look questionable because they are associated with a few dirtbags, shitbirds, F' ups, or whatever else you wish to refer to them as.          
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:33:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Bad people come from all walks of life from bums to Presidents....
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:02:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Hasn't Pendleton had a disproportionate number of fuck ups though?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hasn't Pendleton had a disproportionate number of fuck ups though?
Kali is anti military so any bad press they love.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top