Page / 13
Posted: 10/7/2007 9:06:24 AM EDT
Just damn.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a payback to me
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:49:17 AM EDT
[#2]

"Authorities say this is a fatal shooting - a witness says just before 3 am gunfire erupted at a home in Crandon. A witness says 10 area youths between 17 and 20 were at the home, and one suspect, the law enforcement officer, fired all the shots."

Interesting, I cant wait for more details. Hopefuly the dead were all gang members or turds of some sort.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Where in WI is this?  The GF went up there last week to visit her parents (GB area)...I don't want to call about this as they are having Sunday brunch.... she was in bed last night at 2200 so she is probably safe.

Yep, dipshit Doyle will use this against CCW.  Sucks to be in that state...time to bring Thompson back (Tommy, not Fred).

It's North West of Green Bay, east of Rhinelander.  Not that far from the UP Border.  I've driven thru there before.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:50:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I haven't heard a thing about it until I read it here.

Knowing Dipshit Doyle he will somehow twist this as more "proof" that we don't need CCW.

You guys should flip that argument right on its head.

Believe me, we've been trying for a long time now. But, despite what our state constitution says, Doyle and the State Supreme Court refuse to recognize our right to carry concealed.

If he so much as wispers about this being a reason not to have CCW, you should point out that if someone there had a firearm, the death toll may have been lower.

Then ask him if he would have prefered the death toll to be lower.

It won't matter. He is a hardcore leftist. Logical argument don't work on these people.

Just to give you an idea of how illogical they are, our law against concealed carry was established in the 1800's iirc. Well in the late 90's our state constitution was changed such that it was in conflict with that law. According tot he state constitution we should be allowed CCW without even needing a license.

Almost two years ago we had a slam dunk case that should have forced the state supreme court to finally recognize our state constitution and overturn the law against CCW. Well, guess what happened? The state supreme court came up with some ridiculously convoluted "logic" that somehow upheld the law and convicted the defendant. IIRC, the case is State of WI Vs. Fisher. Look it up if you want to read it. It will piss you off.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"Authorities say this is a fatal shooting - a witness says just before 3 am gunfire erupted at a home in Crandon. A witness says 10 area youths between 17 and 20 were at the home, and one suspect, the law enforcement officer, fired all the shots."

Interesting, I cant wait for more details. Hopefuly the dead were all gang members or turds of some sort.

Since when did age 20 become a youth?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Knowing Dipshit Doyle he will somehow twist this as more "proof" that we don't need CCW.

Believe me, we've been trying for a long time now. But, despite what our state constitution says, Doyle and the State Supreme Court refuse to recognize our right to carry concealed.

If he so much as wispers about this being a reason not to have CCW, you should point out that if someone there had a firearm, the death toll may have been lower.

It won't matter. He is a hardcore leftist. Logical argument don't work on these people.

Just to give you an idea of how illogical they are, our law against concealed carry was established in the 1800's iirc. Well in the late 90's our state constitution was changed such that it was in conflict with that law. According tot he state constitution we should be allowed CCW without even needing a license.

Almost two years ago we had a slam dunk case that should have forced the state supreme court to finally recognize our state constitution and overturn the law against CCW. Well, guess what happened? The state supreme court came up with some ridiculously convoluted "logic" that somehow upheld the law and convicted the defendant. IIRC, the case is State of WI Vs. Fisher. Look it up if you want to read it. It will piss you off.

Did it get appealed to the USSC and get rejected?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why wasn't the case appealed to a higher (Federal) court?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Sounds like there's a lot more to this story... I'm reserving judgement, as well.
Matt
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+3 to the above statements.

And I would still try to get that question across to him, and then let his answer go into the record.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Nothing sadder than when a sheep dog turns on the sheep and becomes a wolf.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ban cops...its for the chilrens

Ban cops.

Max
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ban cops...its for the chilrens

no no no, ban guns, that'll stop all the killing, it's for the children!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#13]
These are the people they want to have guns and not civilians, huh?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:57:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Thats possable or it could be a sheep dog killing a pack of wolves.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why wasn't the case appealed to a higher (Federal) court?

To be honest, I can't remember off the top of my head.

My guess is that the defendant was out of money and couldn't afford it maybe? But I don't know for sure. I'm sure some of the other WI guys will chime in soon to fill in more details about it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#16]
This thread is already swirling the drain...

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would he go on the lamb?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Back in the Clinton era when they used 19and 20yo dead gang members in their firearm statistics as children.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#20]
If only a good Citizen with a CHL would have been there to shoot and stop the bad guy...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
If only a good Citizen with a CHL would have been there to shoot and stop the bad guy...

Maybe he was...
Matt
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Now they have changed it to 5.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Weird

Crandon Mayor Gary Bradley told FOX News that the town is under a "gag order" regarding the overnight event but no one in the town can leave church, home or anywhere else they happened to be Sunday morning.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Gun control (sic) now being hyped on CNN, because of gang wars in LA!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:05:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Now they have changed it to 5.

When the smoke clears, I wouldn't be surprised if turns out to be one kid with a runny nose and a pack of firecrackers.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Weird

Crandon Mayor Gary Bradley told FOX News that the town is under a "gag order" regarding the overnight event but no one in the town can leave church, home or anywhere else they happened to be Sunday morning.

I don't think he can do that in America........
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:06:42 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Weird

Yea, I just read that on Fox News.   WTF

I'd be pissed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Weird

I'd be pissed.

I guess the town is small enough that the entire thing can be locked down as a crime scene.

"Until further notice, no one is allowed to touch a thing!"
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Weird

The mayor is nucking futz if he thinks he can issue a "gag order".

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Gag order?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Weird

I'd be pissed.

I guess the town is small enough that the entire thing can be locked down as a crime scene.

"Until further notice, no one is allowed to touch a thing!"

The whole F*&cking town! How about just the house he shot the people in?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Back in the Clinton era when they used 19and 20yo dead gang members in their firearm statistics as children.

So lets see what we do know. We have a house with at least 10 teenagers and Adults at 3 AM in the morning, and a cop shoots at least 6 of them and now he is on the run. Hummmm
I don't think that this was a boy scout troop meeting, even though the story is already painting them to be "victims".
But on the other hand, if the cop was in the right, why is he on the run? Strange shit here. Bad cop, bad boys, and things got out of hand? Loud party at 3 AM with a bunch of wanna be thugs, cop comes to break it up, and was threatened, and thing get out of hand? Who knows. its all speculation at this point. But it is definitely strange.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Who the fuck does that mayor think he is?  If I lived in that town I'd be conducting my business as usual.  It isn't like you can get charged with "violating a direct order from the mayor".
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would he go on the lamb?

Right or wrong its still illegal.

When I was 13 one of my closest friends was raped and torturered before being stabbed to death 70 something times. Body was in the water too long to get any DNA off of it. But everyone knows who did it. Cops couldnt get enough evidence to arrest him. And we wouldnt want the mean JBTs to violate his rights or anything.

Anyways if I or one of the JBTs working the case were to go and ventilate this guy we would sure as hell get arrested for it. Right or wrong.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So lets see what we do know. We have a house with at least 10 teenagers and Adults at 3 AM in the morning, and a cop shoots at least 6 of them and now he is on the run. Hummmm
I don't think that this was a boy scout troop meeting, even though the story is already painting them to be "victims".
But on the other hand, if the cop was in the right, why is he on the run? Strange shit here. Bad cop, bad boys, and things got out of hand? Loud party at 3 AM with a bunch of wanna be thugs, cop comes to break it up, and was threatened, and thing get out of hand? Who knows. its all speculation at this point. But it is definitely strange.

This was another line of my thinking, maybe the cop was part of the gang seen?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe he was...
Matt

Best scenario for the officer as I see it;

He went to tell the people to quiet down after a noise complaint. He then entered the home because he smelled alcohol or dope. When he got inside, a mob (ten people is a mob) then cut off his line of escape and closed threateningly and at that point, lethal force is permissible in many States. In some States, three assailants intent on doing you grievous bodily harm constitute a mob and may be dealt with by lethal force I believe. Now, the Officer shot his way out the front door while in fear for his life and then when he reached safety, the reality of what had just happened hit him. He freaked out at having killed a bunch of aggressive children and went to pieces and ran as far as his legs and lungs would carry him. In short, justified defense followed by a nervous breakdown. I could almost buy that scenario. We'll see I guess...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#37]
IBFEDDCJTS

In before FEDDC justifies the shootings
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Dang, he took that Illinois loss a little too hard.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe he was...
Matt

He went to tell the people to quiet down after a complaint. He then entered the home because he smelled alcohol or dope. When he got inside, a mob (ten people is a mob) then cut off his line of escape and at that point, lethal force is permissible in many States. In some States, three assailants constitute a mob and may be dealt with by lethal force I believe. Now, the Officer shot his way out the front door and then the reality of what had just happened hit him. He freaked out at having killed a bunch of aggressive children and went to pieces and ran as far as his legs and lungs would carry him. In short, justified defense followed by a nervous breakdown. I could almost buy that scenario. We'll see I guess...

I hope that is what it is as well.  Either that or it was a gang of shit drunk punk ass kids and they got REALLY out of line and he was forced to defend himself.  I'd say a mob directly assaulting him would "look" better than if they had simply cut off his escape route.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#40]
lol..the whole town.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Damn, with no details, the sane minds have said they'll wait to hear more about it before judging, the "cops can do no wrong" crowd is out in force (although, strangely, FedDC and JohninAustin are absent), and the "to hell with all cops" crowd is also present.

Good thing the fridge is full of beer and I've got plenty of popcorn.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Now they are reporting that the sheriff's office will not say that anything happened?

Then why the hell are they "locking" the town down?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
IBFEDDCJTS

Not cool.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe he was...
Matt

He went to tell the people to quiet down after a complaint. He then entered the home because he smelled alcohol or dope. When he got inside, a mob (ten people is a mob) then cut off his line of escape and at that point, lethal force is permissible in many States. In some States, three assailants constitute a mob and may be dealt with by lethal force I believe. Now, the Officer shot his way out the front door and then the reality of what had just happened hit him. He freaked out at having killed a bunch of aggressive children and went to pieces and ran as far as his legs and lungs would carry him. In short, justified defense followed by a nervous breakdown. I could almost buy that scenario. We'll see I guess...

I hope that is what it is as well.  Either that or it was a gang of shit drunk punk ass kids and they got REALLY out of line and he was forced to defend himself.  I'd say a mob directly assaulting him would "look" better than if they had simply cut off his escape route.

Agreed. I modified my initial post to reflect that even as you were posting.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBFEDDCJTS

Not cool.

True though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:18:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Tag for details about the cop.

Now how in the hell can an elected official, not even a LEO, much less with any real authority, lock down an entire town and prevent egress? i'd be forced to call him on that one, for the sake of setting precedent.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#47]
ost
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Damn, with no details, the sane minds have said they'll wait to hear more about it before judging, the "cops can do no wrong" crowd is out in force (although, strangely, FedDC and JohninAustin are absent), and the "to hell with all cops" crowd is also present.

Good thing the fridge is full of beer and I've got plenty of popcorn.

Popcorn and beer, at this time of day?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
IBFEDDCJTS

Not cool.

True though.

Yep.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top