Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/6/2007 6:03:15 PM EDT
I was just sittin here tryin to figure out when my last "real" date was...  Hell, for that matter, what's considered a real date??  Like the Wednesday before last I took a certain female friend of mine roses and we went to eat, and walked along the river for a little while, but I don't consider that a date.

I think my last actual date was about 4 years ago with my ex...  How sad is that shit??  I'm alone again, on a Saturday night...  Fuckers...
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
2 years?

Yeah, I hear ya.  Course, there aren't alot of options in my town.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Around 2 years.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#3]
A little over 3 years.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm married but we have at least 2 dates a week.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
2 years?

Yeah, I hear ya.  Course, there aren't alot of options in my town.

I now live in a town of 125,000+, and still don't have many options...  Maybe I should lower my standards...
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#6]
April 28
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#7]
9 years or so.

-Mark
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#8]
A couple of weeks ago.  But my girlfriend lives in Kansas.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#9]
just over a month...

no point in dating anyone new since I'm moving 1,800 miles in a month
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Took the wife out to dinner to a French restaraunt on Thursday, does that count?
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#11]
this is arfcom a date is going to the range and getting cheap ammo with a dinner pic and some pie on the side
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Ex-wife moved out August of 2001.

Haven't been on a date since. Tried once two years ago, got shot down. Fuck it.

I want to get my life unfucked before I get the problems of someone else in the mix. Cause I know a woman would be nothing but problems and drama -- shit I don't need at this point in my life.

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#13]
over a Decade and could care less
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#14]
i would consider the thing a week and a half ago a date, but we had a talk a few weeks ago about her starting her career before getting involved with anyone...  it's funny, we've spent ALOT of time together, we've fallen asleep cuddled up in my floor, all kinds of fun stuff, but we can't date just yet...  drives a guy nuts..
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#15]
wife and I try and leave the kids with a sitter and do a date at least once every 2 weeks

some times more frequent
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#16]
What's a date?

Oh yeah, a fig. Grocery store stocked them this summer. Lost count of how many figs I ate this summer. God I love figs.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
over a Decade and couldn't care less

Fixed it for you.

Hmmm, lemme see.  For me, health problems haven't made it any easier to date.  But, two weeks ago I went out to lunch with girl I met off match/myspace.  We'd been chatting back and forth for a few months.

So we're suppose to go out to dinner on a Sunday.  I call her up beforehand, she tells me that she's not feeling well so we have reschedule.  She says she'd like to go out to lunch on Tuesday the following week.

So I meet her at the restaurant.  I think things are going pretty well.  Conversation is going back and forth.  No awkward silences.  Then the bill comes and I go to pay for it.  She wants to pay for half but I insist on paying for it.  She relents.  I tell her she can get it the next time.  Ya know, wink... wink.  She seemed receptive to the idea.

So a couple of days later, I'm at work and can't really call her.  So I text her.  I get no reply.  Then the next day, I text her again.  She replies that she started dating someone else.  WTF!?  I guess a lot can happen in 24 hours.  At least I only had say, 25 bucks invested in that one.

My feelings weren't exactly hurt.  At least she was honest with me.  But I did cheer myself by buying 3 more handguns before my weekend off.

That was my last, sort of, date.  Before that, well, lets just say its been a loooooooong time.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Over 25 years.  I did some casual dating about 20 years ago---lunch dates but they wern't real dates.

I think I hold the record here for a single guy.  (I'm not now, nor have I ever been married.)

I am just too picky.  I know what it takes for a woman to be compatable with me, and I have not found her yet.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#19]
pushing 10 years
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#20]
31 years give or take a few months
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Different people have different opinions on what classifies as a date.  What the OP mentioned with roses/dinner/walk (how cliché, but great) would very well classify as a date in my opinion.

Its been a few months since I've taken a girl to dinner or been on what I'd consider a date though.

Last night I met up with a girl from class for some drinks, partied afterwards at a friend's place, but I wouldn't consider that much of a 'date'.  

However (as a note for arfcommers) she did say she could out-shoot me, and frankly, I'm afraid so.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Long time.

I've quit counting.

Doesn't bother me in the least.

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Oh, and for those of you who are stating years, let me ask this to you: Why has it been so long since you've had a date?  If married I'm sure you can still classify a nice dinner, movie, etc as that.  If not married and divorced, why are you so void of female companionship?  Is it a personal reason, or are you of the mind that women are evil and worthless to you?  

Seeing some of the (few) posts above it does seem slightly intriguing to know the answers.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Different people have different opinions on what classifies as a date.  What the OP mentioned with roses/dinner/walk (how cliché, but great) would very well classify as a date in my opinion.

Its been a few months since I've taken a girl to dinner or been on what I'd consider a date though.

Last night I met up with a girl from class for some drinks, partied afterwards at a friend's place, but I wouldn't consider that much of a 'date'.  

However (as a note for arfcommers) she did say she could out-shoot me, and frankly, I'm afraid so.

The roses/dinner/walk thing very well should be considered a date i suppose, I did it because she had been ill for a couple of weeks and hadn't been able to get out of bed, so I thought she needed a good pick-me-up with me .  Cliché it be, but I like that "old-fashioned" type stuff...
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Oh, and for those of you who are stating years, let me ask this to you: Why has it been so long since you've had a date?  If married I'm sure you can still classify a nice dinner, movie, etc as that.  If not married and divorced, why are you so void of female companionship?  Is it a personal reason, or are you of the mind that women are evil and worthless to you?  

Seeing some of the (few) posts above it does seem slightly intriguing to know the answers.

I'm pretty antisocial by nature. Being social actually drains me mentally and emotionally. My job requires that I deal with people, and by the end of the day, I'm so tired that I really, really just want to be left alone for a few hours.

This was very hard on my wife - we are separated now - it's one of the reasons for the separation, in fact. We're still friends, we just aren't as close as we used to be.

-Mark
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

"Pre-arranged one-on-one time with the opposite sex" is my basic definition.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#28]
You're asking the Saturday night crowd?  

j/k - I couldn't resist.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Ex-wife moved out August of 2001.

Haven't been on a date since. Tried once two years ago, got shot down. Fuck it.

I want to get my life unfucked before I get the problems of someone else in the mix. Cause I know a woman would be nothing but problems and drama -- shit I don't need at this point in my life.

i think we are in the same boat
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
You're asking the Saturday night crowd?  

j/k - I couldn't resist.  

that's why i asked, if they're on arfcom, they're not out on dates, perfect time to ask!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#31]
A date? ......lets see, I would say its been a few months. Casual sex....last night, and probably again tonight.

I like casual sex better than a date.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#32]
*cough* lucky bastage *cough*
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#33]
It's been a couple of weeks for me. Sucks!
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
that's why i asked, if they're on arfcom, they're not out on dates, perfect time to ask!!

I'm spending quality time with my mom. She's cool.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#35]
About 7 years.  

Engineering college and working in an army town really limits my options.

Engineering college = women already taken, lesbian/uninterested, foreign looking for greencard, or dumb looking to marry an engineer.

Army town = women already taken, lesbians (yes, there are a LOT of them in the army), "townies" looking for an army guy to get them away from home, and hookers.

I've pretty much given up -- its not worth the trouble, and quite frankly, I rather enjoy having money for whatever hobbies I want to pursue.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The roses/dinner/walk thing very well should be considered a date i suppose, I did it because she had been ill for a couple of weeks and hadn't been able to get out of bed, so I thought she needed a good pick-me-up with me .  Cliché it be, but I like that "old-fashioned" type stuff...
Notice I did say it was a good thing.  Its been well over a year since I've given a girl roses and done a full on nice date like that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#37]
date...what's that?
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Sign up with Match.com or Eharmony, GUARANTEED POONAGE only problem is it gets expensive with drinks, dinner and all that stuff. Since I have brokened up with my girlfriend 6 months ago, I dated over two dozen women during the course and layed about half of it and that doesn't include women I met at bars, clubs, supermarket and coffee shops
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#39]
I can't remember
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Oh, you mean the kind other than going with a coworker for coffee and talking about lives for an hour or two? Or having breakfast out with the team, either athletic or science? It seems like those kind of dates are the definition these days.

The love kind, where it is me and thee, where something might come out of it just the two us, together?

12 years.
(Distressed) "They don't call me.", (w,stte), old Ultrabright commercial)
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#41]
4 years

<---------25 y/o
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#42]
I haven't been on a real date since my second lovely ex-wife left in 1995.

Reason- I am middle aged and I can't stand the idea of starting up again with someone in my age bracket. Too much water under the bridge with most single gals I've met.

I am sorry to say, that at least in my area and in my age range if she is worth having it seems she is already married. ( I realize the same could be said about me)

I'm not into brassy attitudes, undisciplined teenage kids, bitter dragon lady circle of friends etc. etc. I'm too picky to settle for less than optimum just to have someone around and also set in my ways after all this time so it doesn't seem worth the trouble.

Maybe some others here know what I'm trying to say. I am happy the way I am and have a great 24 yr old son and a lot of good friends both male and female. I spend my money however I want and don't have anyone making plans for me weeks and months into the future.

I'm having fun but maybe I'll be ready again after I'm finished with my third childhood.

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
4 years

<---------25 y/o

know the feelin

<--------23...
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#44]
It's only been a couple weeks. I think I might be able to pull one off tomorrow, too; maybe two if I plan it right...and I'll second the poster above who recommended match or eharmony. I've only been on match a couple days, but it seems to be working out .

And picking up chicks on teh interwebs is ten times easier than picking up chicks in bars, which I hate even trying.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#45]
3 weeks

Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Reasons here are similar but a little more extreme. Those my age are already married or have been married and hence, we come from quite different views of life socially (never mind occupationally). One could go younger but there are limits to that such as when what you know might be seen as history to others, it's kind of hard to strike up a conversation. It's nice to look 10 years younger than what you actually are, but still, you are a product of your era.

Further, I look outside of town. I hold various positions and I want to avoid on all chances the misunderstanding that might result in a sexual harassment suit.

Being outside the norm isn't easy.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:41:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
4 years

<---------25 y/o

know the feelin

<--------23...

I've moved around lot, focusing on school, not really in any social circles beyond my fellow law students, I refuse to date a wannabe lawyer chick and all my buddies are married.......

Plan B is to get rich and hire a really hot messican maid.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Good question.  Don't remember but it's been about a year,  I guess

<-----27 Current situation not really conducive to dating.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
4 years

<---------25 y/o

know the feelin

<--------23...

I've moved around lot, focusing on school, not really in any social circles beyond my fellow law students, I refuse to date a wannabe lawyer chick and all my buddies are married.......

Plan B is to get rich and hire a really hot messican maid.

damn, sounds familiar as hell...  since july i had been focusin on the police academy, that being the primary reason i'm not dating the one i went out with a week and a half ago.  outside of the law-enforcement crowd, i haven't had time to meet new people down here.  only shitty part is i can't have plan B b/c LEO don't make jack $$$...  Lucky bastage #2 you are!
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#50]
It's been a year for me, and I'm in College

I go out to the bar once a week with friends.   ...guess I should be looking more, but after the last few dates I did have; I'm not thinking I'll find someone I am really interested in.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top